Options

WHY WHY WHY are the judges so DELUDED revolving Cher?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Simon said, I could listen to you sing the phone book n it would be fab..says it all really..he likes her and no matter what or how she sings he'll love it!!

She talks and sings exactly the same...awful!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    [/B]

Real classy? I take it that's a sarcasm term for Cher.

No. It's directed at you for being so bitchy as to bring up her past to defend your unfounded hatred of her. What does her past have to do with her singing, and even if it did, how does it affect you in any way?

You just don't like her, which is fine, but don't expect every other person to agree with you when you start bitching and throwing tantrums.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    That's just who she is.

At least she's being herself and not playing the "I'm painfully shy" card.

I'm still not convinced. I think she seems alright judging by several videos I've seen of her and things people have said. Someone I know met her and said Cher was really friendly, and ever so confident.
    We'll see...
  • Options
    BiancaLDNBiancaLDN Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cher's good - get over it. I'm tired of watching the same old acts like Mary doing the same old songs on a Saturday night.

Same here!!
  • Options
    ToriamathToriamath Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hitnmix wrote: »
    Sorry to bust ya bubble but we have had females rappers that has been out for years so Cher is not future of music at all.

I know, but Simon seems to think she is :)
  • Options
    princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    You've called Cher a chav though.

I suppose I just hate this attitude some girls have.

You seem desperate to believe half the public hates her when you have no evidence. I just don't think it's a particularly nice thing.

It really is good when you see women on this forum not just hating the girls all the time

I hope that's not a referance to me, because my X Factor fave by a mile is Rebecca. She's incredibly talented, classy and gorgeous. I hate girls who hate on other girls for the way they look too, and the only reason I dislike Cher is because she's not a very good singer yet she gets the best ovations.
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion she is def getting protected by 3 of the judges. I think she is the most over rated act this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was like the guest star. Not a contestant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamaru wrote: »
    No. It's directed at you for being so bitchy as to bring up her past to defend your unfounded hatred of her. What does her past have to do with her singing, and even if it did, how does it affect you in any way?

You just don't like her, which is fine, but don't expect every other person to agree with you when you start bitching and throwing tantrums.

Please Tamaru, direct your petty trolling at some other thread. Don't bother replying to this post yet again because I want positive, constructive input and not silly annoying people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grow up or alternatively leave this thread?

Maturity oozing through your veins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was like the guest star. Not a contestant.

That's exactly right. It was like they weren't even judging her - just praising her OTT-ly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toriamath wrote: »
    I know, but Simon seems to think she is :)

LOL Simon dont know jack about music. Last week he got it so wrong over the song One Sweet Day saying it was only number one in New Zealand.

When lts was longest number one in the US have been at the top for 16 weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maturity oozing through your veins.

Yeah well perhaps I don't want stupid arguments littering threads.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I hope that's not a referance to me, because my X Factor fave by a mile is Rebecca. She's incredibly talented, classy and gorgeous. I hate girls who hate on other girls for the way they look too, and the only reason I dislike Cher is because she's not a very good singer yet she gets the best ovations.

So you're saying all these things about her merely because you don't think she's a good singer?

That people who like her are "DELUDED", that she's a chav? And you also did insinuate that people who liked her are also chavs.

I mean, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but can you not see how it is unreasonable?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    i think cher is a very good talking point, people love her and hate her in equal measures and creates publicity for X factor and Simon Cowell

dont watch X factor myself so its unfair for me to comment on her singing or not but from wat I have seen in papers cher reminds me of Tina from Corrie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah well perhaps I don't want stupid arguments littering threads.

No, you just don't want people to disagree with your opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    So you're saying all these things about her merely because you don't think she's a good singer?

That people who like her are "DELUDED", that she's a chav? And you also did insinuate that people who liked her are also chavs.

I mean, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but can you not see how it is unreasonable?

No I do not dislike her because she's a rubbish singer, I generally feel sorry for the crap singers, I dislike her because she's a rubbish singer yet she gets unbelievably over-rated and it's simply unfair. I did actually say that in the post of mine you are questioning. I did not insinuate people who like her are chavs, by any means.

And I apologise if you perceive me as unreasonable for expressing this opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, you just don't want people to disagree with your opinion.

No, if you read this thread people who have simply said they like Cher I haven't said anything about, it's those that have to mention me and my opinion in their posts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's fair enough to say you don't like Cher's singing, but to call her a "skanky chav"and say she walks like she "has crabs" is a bit much. The girl is 17 and is only a contestant on a singing contest. For people that claim to really dislike her, you all spend a LOT of time talking about her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Cher.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think cher is a very good talking point, people love her and hate her in equal measures and creates publicity for X factor and Simon Cowell

dont watch X factor myself so its unfair for me to comment on her singing or not but from wat I have seen in papers cher reminds me of Tina from Corrie

She is definitely a talking point :)

She reminds me more of Liz from Corrie than Tina.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Cher.

Me too. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BiancaLDN wrote: »
    It's fair enough to say you don't like Cher's singing, but to call her a "skanky chav"and say she walks like she "has crabs" is a bit much. The girl is 17 and is only a contestant on a singing contest. For people that claim to really dislike her, you all spend a LOT of time talking about her.

Ok, but people have called her far, far worse. And I don't mean to spend a lot of time talking about her but it fascinates me how the judges are spellbound by her. I probably wouldn't mind the girl so much if I didn't know about her history of violence etc.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    No I do not dislike her because she's a rubbish singer, I generally feel sorry for the crap singers, I dislike her because she's a rubbish singer yet she gets unbelievably over-rated and it's simply unfair. I did actually say that in the post of mine you are questioning..

And I apologise if you perceive me as unreasonable for expressing this opinion.

Well the thread title does you no favours really does it? :D I like Cher, as the judges do, and I am not deluded thank you!

I see what you are saying, you don't like her, and think she is over-rated, that's fair enough, I just think you were a bit OTT, and some of the comments were a bit uncalled for.
    I did not insinuate people who like her are chavs, by any means

In my opinion, you did here:
    Or maybe I just live in a community inwhich not everyone likes listening to dire chav music.

If I liked music like that, you are essentially calling me a chav.

I just think it's a bad attitude to have, so yes I do think it was unreasonable, but you're entitled to it obviously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, but people have called her far, far worse. And I don't mean to spend a lot of time talking about her but it fascinates me how the judges are spellbound by her. I probably wouldn't mind the girl so much if I didn't know about her history of violence etc.

At least you seem to have more than a couple of brain cells upstairs, some of the people on here seem to hate her more than anything I've ever seen.

I don't know, the judges always have their favourite. Like Olly Murs, I couldn't see the fascination!

Fair enough, I respect everyone's right to an opinion, but I guess she was only young when she was fighting with people, we all make mistakes though. :)