Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Interesting that they have both gone up.
    Score wrote: »
    Strong ratings there. An excellent finale bounce for Poldark and impressive for Vera to grow against that. 5 million is a solid audience especially with such a rancid lead-in.
    I think there were cooler temperatures over the weekend for some parts of the country. That might have helped. We also see that with Poldark and Vera two strong dramas can coexist. If you can't be number 1 be a competitive number 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Our old friend from last week Celebrity Squares continues to look doomed, going backwards slightly in week two to score a pitiful 2.11m.

Countryfile once again had three times as many viewers.
    People just aren't interested in Celebrity Squares. ITV should put Catchphrase on instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Poldark very well received by the Daily Express today although still cant quite resist pointing out that the seventies version got twice the number of viewers. Poldark though eminently more watchable than The Village, and is returning next year (there is seemingly talk it could run to five series based on the number of novels-not sure whether it will have the legs for that). The BBC has War and Peace too-wonder when that will be shown.

Poldark could just make it to 5 series but no more. It has been an entertaining series. Much better viewing than The Village.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC One's Poldark ravishes 5.9m with series 1 finale on Sunday

Poldark wrapped up its first series with strong ratings on Sunday (April 26), according to overnight figures.

Aidan Turner's period drama brought in 5.87m at 9pm on BBC One, adding more than 400,000 viewers from last week. Earlier in the evening, Countryfile continued to top the ratings with 6.39m (34.5%) at 7pm, while Antiques Roadshow interested 5.78m (26.3%) at 8pm.

On BBC Two, coverage of World Championship Snooker was seen by 940k (5.0%) at 7pm, before Coast Australia averaged 1.02m (4.6%) at 8.15pm, and Hunters of the South continued with 1.14m (4.9%) at 9pm.

ITV's Celebrity Squares remained consistent with 2.04m (10.7%) for its latest episode at 7.15pm (76k/0.3% on +1). Vera followed with 4.70m (20.8%) at 8pm (318k/1.6%).

On Channel 4, Three in a Bed entertained 650k (3.5%) at 7pm (117k/0.5%), while For the Love of Cars dipped to 1.22m (5.5%) at 8pm (210k/0.9%). Later, The Impossible captivated 1.37m (7.3%) at 9pm (229k/2.0%).

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls and The Last Stand were Channel 5's Sunday evening film selections, with the former bringing in 752k (3.7%) at 7.15pm and the latter entertaining 945k (4.9%) at 9pm.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Poldark could just make it to 5 series but no more. It has been an entertaining series. Much better viewing than The Village.

It finally got going with last two episodes. More meaty. Up to then it was too superficial with story being Ross the romantic hero rather than the more complex character of earlier series. Also the nuance is lacking in characterisation of support cast. The baddies are almost pantomime without more explanation of their motives. Enriching storyline by narrative lost in favour of sweeping shots of sea and Poldark on horseback. Still a good Sunday might tv series but misses 5 star for me on script.
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strong evening for BBC One on all 3 main shows, Vera held up well on ITV - Celebrity Squares just hasn't taken off, is the format all wrong for 2015? BBC Two seems low also - around 1.0m all evening. Around 20 million viewers in primetime.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,690
    Forum Member
    Strong figures for ITV3's royal documentary Kate Middleton: Heir We Go Again! last night, which scored 545k (2.4%) at 9pm.

Other notable multichannel performers were Arsenal v Chelsea (1.6m/11.6% on Sky Sports 1) and the Come Dine With Me omnibus on More 4 (peaked at 514k/2.9%).

Full top 10's for Friday, Saturday and Sunday: http://www.itvmedia.co.uk/
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BARB has updated for w/e 19th April.

Britain's Got Talent consolidated to 11.47m, which is up on the 11.25m that the launch got despite the overnight being slightly lower (10.08m vs 10.13m).
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Official first week ratings for Spike, certainly a big improvement on VIVA in any case.
    1	BREAKING BAD (THU 2300)			242
    2	BREAKING BAD (WED 2259)			228
    3	BREAKING BAD (FRI 2301)			202
    4	FILM: THE EXPENDABLES 2 (THU 2104)	201
    5	POLICE INTERCEPTORS UNLEASHED (WED 2001)166
    6	LIP SYNC BATTLE (WED 2133)		157
    7	LIP SYNC BATTLE (SUN 2133)		127
    8	OLYMPUS (WED 2201)			108
    9	FAIL ARMY (WED 2100)			89
    10	FAIL ARMY (SUN 2101)			85

• Options
    Forum Member
    Breaking Bad is working for Spike. Some were unconvinced that it would, suggesting that anyone who would want to see it would already have found a way of doing so. Obviously not as those are great numbers for 11pm on a new channel not available on cable.

Still needs some more noisy shows during peak but Lip Sync Battle could improve looking at the repeat figure. And I'd imagine The Walking Dead which starts Friday will be its most watched programme from this week onwards.

Also, not a great start for the Saturday fight night it would seem with the MMA not charting. But Spike are committed to this and I expect over time it will grow and the slot will become one of the channel's most reliable in terms of ratings.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking Bad is working for Spike. Some were unconvinced that it would, suggesting that anyone who would want to see it would already have found a way of doing so. Obviously not as those are great numbers for 11pm on a new channel not available on cable.

Still needs some more noisy shows during peak but Lip Sync Battle could improve looking at the repeat figure. And I'd imagine The Walking Dead which starts Friday will be its most watched programme from this week onwards.

Also, not a great start for the Saturday fight night it would seem with the MMA not charting. But Spike are committed to this and I expect over time it will grow and the slot will become one of the channel's most reliable in terms of ratings.

I think they should pair Lip Sync Battle with another show like a sitcom. I've mentioned it before but I think 5 should consider commissioning a UK version and pair it with either CBB/BB or Impractical Jokers UK.

The LA Screenings are coming soon so I imagine 5 and Viacom will be on the hunt for new shows both for the main channel and also Spike, 5* and 5USA.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Breaking Bad turns out to be the Spike TV equivalent to Family Guy on BBC3.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of ITV Media's top five yesterday were BBC1 programmes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3D TV is deader than The Charleston in this country. I said this last year. There's little interest.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/sky-3d-tv-channel-to-close-in-june
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's here! It's actually here! Somewhere in the depths of the BBC they've found the Car Share tapes and now it graces the world... but how will it rate? BBC One and ITV go head to head with dramas as The C Word and Home Fires battle it out; which show will win? Inspector George Gently returns on Wednesday so how will it do and will it dent Newzoids further? The election is slogging to a close but will the Question Time special poll high? Nick and Margaret don't really care... they're playing around on trains! Will the show keep you on the right track to win the week?

Why not have a go on the DS Ratings Prediction Game? Just click HERE, hit quote, delete the quote marks and get predicting!

Thank you to everyone who takes part in advance and sorry to all the poor souls who have to read through this.

:blush::)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    3D TV is deader than The Charleston in this country. I said this last year. There's little interest.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/sky-3d-tv-channel-to-close-in-june

They switching it to On Demand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They switching it to On Demand.

So people can not give a toss about it whenever it is suitable for them and at no extra cost. That's the Sky difference! :D
  • Options
    Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Episode 1 of Game of Thrones Season 5 consolidated to a huge 2.73m inc +1 - it's highest official rating ever!! :o
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of interesting scheduling snippets which everyone probably knows about already for Saturday 9th May:

- BBC One are provisionally airing VE Day 70: A Party to Remember at 8.30pm. Atlantis airs between 7.35pm - 8.20pm with the lottery slotting in after that as a ten minute show.

- Britain's Got Talent is cut in length from the usual 75 minute episode to 60 minutes. Can't see any obvious reason why.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC1 will have its lowest ever rating from prime time tonight from 7.30 to 8 pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    BBC1 will have its lowest ever rating from prime time tonight from 7.30 to 8 pm.

Even less then Snooker?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A.D.P wrote: »
    One of the least appealing BBC One primetime schedules I've ever seen.

One Show - unwatchable, as per usual
    SNP interview - no thank you, especially with E Davis conducting the interview
    EastEnders - glory days long gone
    Panorama - some election prediction nonsense fronted by the loathsome R Bacon
    Old Tricks - lazy choice of repeat, as usual
    HIGNFY - well past its sell by date

At least the programme you mention firmly ticks the PSB box.
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soap Officials w/c 13th April 2015

Coronation Street:

Mon: 8.31m [+1.01m] / 7.82m [+1.05m]
    Wed: 7.36m [+1.04m]
    Fri: 7.42m [+1.11m] / 6.83m [+940k]

Avg.: 7.55m [+1.03m]

EastEnders:

Mon: 7.33m [+720k}
    Tue: 6.99m [+880k]
    Thu: 6.94m [+500k]
    Fri: 6.09m [+410k]

Avg.: 6.84m [+628k]

Emmerdale:

Mon: 6.61m [+490k]
    Tue: 5.76m [+360k}
    Thu 8pm: 5.85m [+580k]

Avg.: 6.07m [+477k]

TOP 10 OFFICIALS W/C 13TH APRIL:
    1. BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT (SAT 2002): 10.89m
    [B]2. CORONATION STREET (MON 1931): 8.31m
    3. EASTENDERS (MON 2001): 7.33m[/B]
    4. POLDARK (SUN 2100): 6.84m
    [B]5. EMMERDALE (MON 1900): 6.61m[/B]
    6. COUNTRYFILE (SUN 1900): 6.41m
    7. CODE OF A KILLER (MON 2102): 5.92m
    8. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW (SUN 2001): 5.71m
    9. ORDINARY LIES (TUE 2101): 5.64m
    10. MASTERCHEF (WED 2001): 5.59m

Figures inc.HD and exc.+1.

Source: Barb
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the least appealing BBC One primetime schedules I've ever seen.

One Show - unwatchable, as per usual
    SNP interview - no thank you, especially with E Davis conducting the interview
    EastEnders - glory days long gone
    Panorama - some election prediction nonsense fronted by the loathsome R Bacon
    Old Tricks - lazy choice of repeat, as usual
    HIGNFY - well past its sell by date

At least the programme you mention firmly ticks the PSB box.
    Hardly. ;-)
    Sturgeon is the only leader who speaks any sense! And Iam a Sassenach and can't vote for her sadly. I like Evan. :p
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode 1 of Game of Thrones Season 5 consolidated to a huge 2.73m inc +1 - it's highest official rating ever!! :o

Wow. Huge!!
This discussion has been closed.