Options

Topless Men

Comments

• Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am young male and no beer belly. But I will never be shirtless in a shop.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am young male and no beer belly. But I will never be shirtless in a shop.
    How do you ever know the shirts you buy will fit?
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    edEx wrote: »
    Most people know what size they want
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most people know what size they want
    In my experience the tailoring between different outlets can vary.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find socks and sandals more offensive.
    even worse when its white socks that clearly haven't been washed for 5 summers
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be properly dressed in a blazer and boater.

and don't forget the cravat.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    When you think about the list of inappropriate or offensive things that are out and about in public, everything from litter on the streets, people swearing in your ear or spitting, or potholes in the pavement etc etc, I think men walking about with no top on must rank about 5,764th in the list. Whatever next, every bald man expected to wear a hat or wig in public? :p
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    Even worse than that is men in pubs wearing sandals (or, heaven forbid, flip-flops) without socks. It's enough to make your beer curdle.
  • Options
    Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    Why are they always big fat men with woman boobs and beer bellies?

I wouldn't mind if they were Brad Pitt or Orlando Bloom and I know that sounds very shallow but it's always big fat blokes.
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Even worse than that is men in pubs wearing sandals (or, heaven forbid, flip-flops) without socks. It's enough to make your beer curdle.

Bare feet in general, really.

I don't want to see your skanky-toed calloused feet, thanks. Put some shoes on!
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Comments like the above one are really troubling and so reactionary. The problem would not be with the man, but yourself in truth. Do you honestly think any of the children would be concerned or even give it a moments notice? Of course not. Children's hang ups are learned from adults a lot of the time. The mere association of a barechested man and kiddy fiddling is preposterous in the extreme, even with the proviso given that they aren't linked. I would guess that most unsavoury men (and women) who have ill intentions towards young people are more than likely to be overdressed if anything. Equating a lack of clothes to these issues is very silly. The man walked into a park with no shirt on a decent spring day, big deal. Yes, there were women and children in the park. So what? There were probably other males too. It's not as if he likely set off with the intention of deliberately brushing his torso up against these people. A man went for a walk in the park, and dressed only up to his waist, end of story. Some people are just easy going, laid back and super body confident to be able to do that. Many others are not. I cannot believe that when most men and boys take their shirts off in decent weather and walk into towns and parks or wherever, that they are actively seeking to be "checked over" and admired by anyone.

I'd personally be more concerned with the other end of the body in warmer weather. Maybe flip flops and open sandals should be banned, as there are some very unattractive feet in your face sometimes that I wish were well hidden by a proper pair of shoes!

Great post and you have gone to the trouble of writing up what I was trying to get at in a few lines.

Parent using children to back up their problems is just bad parenting and wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edEx wrote: »

Changing rooms.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Changing rooms.

Which is still in the shop, so assuming you will be taking off your own shirt to try a new shirt on, you will be 'shirtless in a shop'.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I see a bloke with his top off in the street I usually think 'chav'. In my town those that tend to do it also tend to walk round with a can of beer in one hand and a **** in the other.
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I see a bloke with his top off in the street I usually think 'chav'. In my town those that tend to do it also tend to walk round with a can of beer in one hand and a **** in the other.

Some chavs look so fit though without their tops on. One of the plus points of summer. I personally would never walk about without my top on as it would not be a nice sight at all!
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    All about context and much ado about nothing really.

Some people with their tops off can look fine, others can look 'poke my eyes out with a stick;' horrific. A bit like all people really, not just topless men.

For every out of shape man with a gut hanging out thers's a misshapen bint in leggings I agree. Perhaps we can just ban ugly/ misshapen people and let the beautiful people do as they please. Sounds fair enough no.

I agree with this. Must admit I see more overweight women in ill fitting / tight clothes - skimpy tops and, dare I say, leggings - than I notice sweaty, over weight blokes with their tops off, bellies hanging over their kecks... both as bad as one another in my book, turns my stomach whatever their sex.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Unless you are on the beach or in a swimming pool, gentlemen should always wear a top in public.

I agree. It just strikes me as being a bit low rent really. It's not necessary at all.

I remember seeing a bloke at a Greek airport once arguing with the staff because they told him to put his shirt on to board the plane and he was ranting about his 'human rights' - seriously
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A little unfair I think. Maybe if they had a few tattoos I might agree.

It would be a classy kind of barechested guy who actually had graffiti free skin all over. It seems there are fewer than ever about nowadays.
  • Options
    1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A little unfair I think. Maybe if they had a few tattoos I might agree.

It would be a classy kind of barechested guy who actually had graffiti free skin all over. It seems there are fewer than ever about nowadays.

You say "a few"......... How many tattoos does it take to become a chav ?
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    I disagree with such bans.
    ...we try very hard to be a family-focused...

Hmm... I sense an attempt to make bare-chested men taboo like bare-chested women. It's equality but equality pegged back to the most conservative person's opinion.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    All about context and much ado about nothing really.

Some people with their tops off can look fine, others can look 'poke my eyes out with a stick;' horrific. A bit like all people really, not just topless men.

For every out of shape man with a gut hanging out thers's a misshapen bint in leggings I agree. Perhaps we can just ban ugly/ misshapen people and let the beautiful people do as they please. Sounds fair enough no.
    I LOVE misshapen bints!

Leggings on misshapen bints?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which is still in the shop, so assuming you will be taking off your own shirt to try a new shirt on, you will be 'shirtless in a shop'.

No one will see in there unless they go in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So has anyone been "offended" by seeing any barechested males daring to lose their shirts today as the temperature hit the dizzy heights of 17c 63f? I've seen 2 people, both decent looking twentysomething's whip their shirts off without hesitation past 60f and with no clouds in the sky. One was a neighbour gardening and the other was a jogger. I also saw a workman in an armless fluorescent yellow vest fully undone revealing most of his body while in a food shop. Technically he didn't count I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So has anyone been "offended" by seeing any barechested males daring to lose their shirts today as the temperature hit the dizzy heights of 17c 63f? I've seen 2 people, both decent looking twentysomething's whip their shirts off without hesitation past 60f and with no clouds in the sky. One was a neighbour gardening and the other was a jogger. I also saw a workman in an armless fluorescent yellow vest fully undone revealing most of his body while in a food shop. Technically he didn't count I suppose.

The weather turned cloudy, I hope it get warmer at the weekend, Anyhow you have to say it in C to young people :)
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    No one will see in there unless they go in.

That doesn't alter the fact that you said you would 'never be shirtless in a shop'!