Options

Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 195)

Comments

• Options
    bonyo0030bonyo0030 Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    OK, I think I may be on my own here (not for the first time) but, while I appreciate the semi-naked (naked?) selfies, I wish Emmett would stick to keeping fit and ditch the body-building. Healthy diet + regular exercise = good. Very long runs at 6 am + steak and eggs for breakfast + 'muscle food' (body-building supplements?) + punishing workouts with very heavy weights + smoking and drinking = bad. I worry that (not in order of importance) a) he may become less attractive (at least to me), b) he may seriously damage his health , and c) he may be offered only parts that require the flexing of biceps, when I long to see him really flex his acting muscles. After all, any idiot who is prepared to apply himself can build up big muscles, but Emmett has real talent. We all know it, and I think the rest of the world should get to see it.
    i think he is just working out for one specific role ,i don't think he is going for this to be his everyday look . i was worried about the comic book direction too but things have changed those movies are very character driven this days,we have some of the most loved complex characters coming off comic book movies i.e loki ,bucky, so as long as he get a good role he would be fine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ayla_89 wrote: »
    I haven't seen it, no. :blush: Where is it filmed?
    isn't episode a showtime show with joey from friends ?, are you telling me how dougy is in showtime?
  • Options
    Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    Wow at PJ getting cast in Episodes! I didn't know the sitcom he was talking about was that. I don't watch it but I know it's meant to be really good.

Let's hope he doesn't have to say "my husband."

Karen Hassan also has a new role that she seems really excited about.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Wow at PJ getting cast in Episodes! I didn't know the sitcom he was talking about was that. I don't watch it but I know it's meant to be really good.

Let's hope he doesn't have to say "my husband."

Karen Hassan also has a new role that she seems really excited about.
    I have to admit I'm surprised but, yes, good for him!

What is Karen's new role? I'm pleased for her. I always liked her. Beautiful and talented - just like our Emmett.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have to admit I'm surprised but, yes, good for him!

What is Karen's new role? I'm pleased for her. I always liked her. Beautiful and talented - just like our Emmett.

I didn't see that coming!

No idea but I hope it's something really good. She was always one of my favourite Hollyoaks ladies.
  • Options
    AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen it, no. :blush: Where is it filmed?
    There have been three series so far, and they've been partly filmed here and partly in America. It's a joint production, BBC and Showtime (US company.) Series 3 was all done in the US but at the end of the series, two of the main characters were on the point of returning to England.

When they've shot it here they've used British actors doing US accents as well as genuine Americans.

Matt LeBlanc plays himself, hilariously and without vanity. You should watch it!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't see that coming!

No idea but I hope it's something really good. She was always one of my favourite Hollyoaks ladies.

I read something the other day saying she'd auditioned for the lead in Fifty Shades, although she said it was only a preliminary audition so there'd have been loads of people being seen for it at that stage. How weird would that have been though, her and Jamie again.:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I read something the other day saying she'd auditioned for the lead in Fifty Shades, although she said it was only a preliminary audition so there'd have been loads of people being seen for it at that stage. How weird would that have been though, her and Jamie again.:blush:

Wow :o I hate the book but I'll see the film for Jamie :p And I'm sure it would have been great for her career with all the exposure. I think she would have been good but the actress they chose seems much more suited to the role.

The Jamie connection would have been a bit creepy too!
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neil Newbon hasent had much work since his Hollyoaks days he is so talented I hope he can get some acting work. And btw I did dig Bralker dont hate me
  • Options
    Ayla_89Ayla_89 Posts: 39,663
    Forum Member
    Wow that shocks me about Karen! :blush:
    There have been three series so far, and they've been partly filmed here and partly in America. It's a joint production, BBC and Showtime (US company.) Series 3 was all done in the US but at the end of the series, two of the main characters were on the point of returning to England.

When they've shot it here they've used British actors doing US accents as well as genuine Americans.

Matt LeBlanc plays himself, hilariously and without vanity. You should watch it!:D

Sounds ideal for PJ then. :)

I love Matt LeBlanc. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pj,Rachel Shelton,cooper even though we have not seen her on anything yet,Karen,Emmett, this are all the people who have left hollyoaks in the last year and seam to be doing good. am just going to believe that the reason kieron has not followed them is because he really really love his job.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    bonyo0030 wrote: »
    i think he is just working out for one specific role ,i don't think he is going for this to be his everyday look . i was worried about the comic book direction too but things have changed those movies are very character driven this days,we have some of the most loved complex characters coming off comic book movies i.e loki ,bucky, so as long as he get a good role he would be fine.
    BIB - That is my hope and, after all, even Robert De Niro bulked up for Cape Fear. Then again, that was a character part, not a superhero, and he was already well established by then, so was not going to be typecast. It would be a terrible waste if that were to happen to Emmett, in my view.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neil Newbon hasent had much work since his Hollyoaks days he is so talented I hope he can get some acting work. And btw I did dig Bralker don't hate me
    i loved bralker too so you have a partner in crime.am still bitter they did not give us a confused walker falling in love with the man he hates more than anything in the world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB - That is my hope and, after all, even Robert De Niro bulked up for Cape Fear. Then again, that was a character part, not a superhero, and he was already well established by then, so was not going to be typecast. It would be a terrible waste if that were to happen to Emmett, in my view.
    Emmett once said that his dream is to leave behind a list of roles that people remember and that he is proud of ( not a direct quote) ,so i think as long as he keeps his dream a live he will be fine,the muscles roles can be tempting because of the money but he doesn't seam to me as someone who can be influenced much by that. the other option is to do both like Angelina jolie
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just found out about PJ being in Episodes from another site. I never got into the show myself, but I'm happy for him. I think he does comedy best first and foremost, and with that show being a weird American/British hybrid, it seems perfect for him.

But I think Kieron's gearing up to take the next big steps in his personal life, marriage and kid(s), so I'm really not expecting he'll ever break away from Hollyoaks as long as they're offering him a steady home-based job.
  • Options
    superstargirl81superstargirl81 Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Emmett once said that his dream is to leave behind a list of roles that people remember and that he is proud of ( not a direct quote) ,so i think as long as he keeps his dream a live he will be fine,the muscles roles can be tempting because of the money but he doesn't seam to me as someone who can be influenced much by that. the other option is to do both like Angelina jolie

Yeah I agree, I think he's smart enough not to get caught up in the trap of being typecast. He once tweeted about turning down roles and it being important which ones you take.

Besides If he was going to take a role for the money he would've stayed at Hollyoaks. With how popular Brendan was I think they would've given him pretty much anything to get him to stay.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i loved bralker too so you have a partner in crime.am still bitter they did not give us a confused walker falling in love with the man he hates more than anything in the world.

Hello :D oh it is good to know im not alone on this I really did dig Bralker. The Walker being around Brendan in the club was interesting and then everything came to a head in the later episodes when they had that fight and then the sex. I agree I do wish Walker had developed more feelings for the man he hated
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,702
    Forum Member
    Isn't it his left hand, but in the mirror? :blush:

When you look in a mirror your right arm/hand is still on the right in the image you see. His camera is taking a still of that image he sees.

His Kayla tattoo is on his left arm too, which is the one he's holding the cup. ;-)

I think I was studying that picture way too much, and should have been concentrating on that magnificent specimen of a body!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stunty wrote: »
    When you look in a mirror your right arm/hand is still on the right in the image you see. His camera is taking a still of that image he sees.

His Kayla tattoo is on his left arm too, which is the one he's holding the cup. ;-)

I think I was studying that picture way too much, and should have been concentrating on that magnificent specimen of a body!! :D

That's a cup? I thought it was the camera.:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a cup? I thought it was the camera.:blush:

I'm sooooo sorry ........ thought he was drinking out of the cup and holding the camera above his head, Doh! :blush::blush:

2 - 0 to you Sarah!! :blush:

I shall now go back a gaze at the pic for a little longer, as I really have not taken it all in. He's gorgeous, I do know that. :D

Edit: 'Zoom image' is my friend!! I can see it ALL so clearly now. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With Emmett being so busy lately do we think we won't be getting his X Factor tweets? :( He'll want to watch his fave Paul.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stunty wrote: »
    I'm sooooo sorry ........ thought he was drinking out of the cup and holding the camera above his head, Doh! :blush::blush:

2 - 0 to you Sarah!! :blush:

I shall now go back a gaze at the pic for a little longer, as I really have not taken it all in. He's gorgeous, I do know that. :D

Edit: 'Zoom image' is my friend!! I can see it ALL so clearly now. :D
    :blush:

I'm surprised he hasn't still got a Superman phone cover or something, then it would have been obvious.:kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With Emmett being so busy lately do we think we won't be getting his X Factor tweets? :( He'll want to watch his fave Paul.

He used to tweet about Bake Off too. But now that I've started watching it, he's stopped.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello :D oh it is good to know im not alone on this I really did dig Bralker. The Walker being around Brendan in the club was interesting and then everything came to a head in the later episodes when they had that fight and then the sex. I agree I do wish Walker had developed more feelings for the man he hated

I really thought they would go down that route with Walker falling for Brendo ......... but of course there was only ever Steven, anyone else was merely a toy for him to play mind games.

The morning after their agressive kiss in the club there was a great line from Brendan when he met Walker by the club door ....... started with 'I know I'm a good kisser but ..... ' ( I can't remember the rest of the line ) Brendan was soo cool while Walker was having a bit of a panic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :blush:

I'm surprised he hasn't still got a Superman phone cover or something, then it would have been obvious.:kitty:

Speaking of phone covers, Imogen on Neighbours had a moustache one. :kitty:
    He used to tweet about Bake Off too. But now that I've started watching it, he's stopped.:(

Aww. :( He's home now though isn't he? Claire did that tweet about him sleeping with one eye open. :D
This discussion has been closed.