Options

Beverley callard corrie return ?

Comments

• Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    When they opened the Rovers last Sunday, Stella, Karl, Eva, Tina, Sean and Gloria were behind the counter with Mandy being in reserve supposedly. How much more bar staff can that pub support?
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie2010 wrote: »
    Yes!
    OMG, i cant wait!
    I dont know why im so excited
    She'l probably clash with Michelle and Stella

She loves Michelle! It's the only one of Steves girlfriends she has ever liked. Michelle and Liz scenes were always funny, when they were bitching off Tracy or Becky.

She'll be delighted Steves back together with her.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dickronson wrote: »
    She loves Michelle! It's the only one of Steves girlfriends she has ever liked. Michelle and Liz scenes were always funny, when they were bitching off Tracy or Becky.

She'll be delighted Steves back together with her.

Giggles are mentioned .... http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a485666/coronation-street-beverley-callard-returning-as-liz-mcdonald.html :):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    When they opened the Rovers last Sunday, Stella, Karl, Eva, Tina, Sean and Gloria were behind the counter with Mandy being in reserve supposedly. How much more bar staff can that pub support?

If the Bistro can have two cleaners, surely the Rovers can have that many bar staff!!!!

How come Nick isn't desperate to find a new cleaner BTW? Or do jobs just get made up to ensure that everyone works within spitting distance of their house?
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Liz moving in with Deirdre for a period of time. Bill Roache is going to be off our screens for a while yet. They can come up with some reason for Ken going away for some time and have Liz move in.

Deirdre desperately needs some material that doesn't involve her standing over the dining table at No.1. Liz's return, hopefully, will do just that.

I think that would be really good! I can just see Liz and Deirdre together in that house, and Liz clashing with Tracy over Amy - if Amy reappears, of course...

Amy's two Nans. It could be a Nannery.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz has experience of working in the bookies too, as well as Underworld. She also worked briefly for Diggory Compton, though the less said about that the better.

Given that I want to see her friendship with Deirdre reignited, it makes sense that she would get a job working for Peter at the betting shop.
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god no shes not back, really?, its a wind up, please let it be a wind up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that would be really good! I can just see Liz and Deirdre together in that house, and Liz clashing with Tracy over Amy - if Amy reappears, of course...

Amy's two Nans. It could be a Nannery.

Nannery! :D:D:D:D Awesome!

I think it has a lot of potential. Especially with Deirdre and Liz both clucking over Amy. There is potential for a lot of funny stories there.

I'd actually quite like to see Deirdre split with Ken. Deirdre and Liz hitting the town and living their fabulous lives without men. Sex and the Cobbles - the new ITV spin-off!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »

Thanks for that. Can't wait and wish it was sooner though.

I really hope she stays beyond her six month stint.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »

I hope that she stays longer too. I'm guessing that the six-month contract is a safety net to see if Bev is up to the full commitment of a return to the show.

Now I think back, I'm certain that Bev (along with some of the other long-term cast) had moved to a per-episode contract sometime between 2010 and her departure in 2011.
  • Options
    NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new love interest for Dev perhaps? He's been a bit partial to older women in the past hasn't he? Then she and Deidre could compare notes!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    She may get with Owen :eek: isnt he similar to Jim lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    She may get with Owen :eek: isnt he similar to Jim lol

Didn't she have a frisson with Owen at some point? Then she disappeared to Spain? :confused:
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So all that "Farewell Liz" stuff and the emotional documentaries were for nothing...
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't she have a frisson with Owen at some point? Then she disappeared to Spain? :confused:

I vaguely remember her and Eileen fighting over him and then him having Jim beaten up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she back permanently
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nannery! :D:D:D:D Awesome!

I think it has a lot of potential. Especially with Deirdre and Liz both clucking over Amy. There is potential for a lot of funny stories there.

I'd actually quite like to see Deirdre split with Ken. Deirdre and Liz hitting the town and living their fabulous lives without men. Sex and the Cobbles - the new ITV spin-off!

Thanks, KK!

Didn't Deirdre manage to have some fun when Ken had mooched off to the B&B that time? Fun of the good laugh kind, I mean.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So all that "Farewell Liz" stuff and the emotional documentaries were for nothing...

I'm glad she's back anyway.

Different producers seem to favour different characters. Wasn't Janice axed then reprieved?
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Urrr Nurrr Jim. :D

Fab news. Love Liz, she has been missed.

Steve, Michelle & Liz for the Rovers please !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »

I hope that she stays longer too. I'm guessing that the six-month contract is a safety net to see if Bev is up to the full commitment of a return to the show.

Now I think back, I'm certain that Bev (along with some of the other long-term cast) had moved to a per-episode contract sometime between 2010 and her departure in 2011.

Me, too.:)
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's great to see Liz coming back as they're really lacking a strong, honest and genuine female on the show now.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Reading this thread, it actually makes sense they would bring her back right now being Deidre's best friend an all. She will replace Ken as her screen partner I bet.
  • Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon Marshall has just said she is coming back because Steve has problems and she is coming to sort things out. Nothing more than that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    Sharon Marshall has just said she is coming back because Steve has problems and she is coming to sort things out. Nothing more than that.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a485666/coronation-street-beverley-callard-returning-as-liz-mcdonald.html

Liz's return storyline will see son Steve (Simon Gregson) approach her for help when he faces a crisis with girlfriend Michelle Connor (Kym Lomas). How Michelle will react to Liz's reappearance remains to be seen.

Callard told itv.com: "I am coming home and I can't wait. I am so excited to be back, I have missed Liz so it will be great to play her again. Hopefully her skirts will have got a little bit longer, but we will see!

"I have been getting texts from Simon saying we are going to rock the place and can't wait to work with Kym again and see if we can control the giggles."

Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn added: "I'm truly thrilled to welcome Bev back to the street, she's a fantastic actor and Liz McDonald is a truly wonderful character. It won't come as any surprise to learn that her return is sure to ruffle more than a few feathers - welcome home Liz!"
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope they keep the prices in the Rovers.
    and i hope they move Liz away, maybe move the Conner's into number 13?