Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 54)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And dodgems for garden chairs. :D

I was going to watch a film about Siamese twins with Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear. Its two minutes in and not only are they non identical they are nothing like each other. :confused: Are there no twins who can act?

but just before i go... dodgems are my favourites. but for old time's sake, a hook the duck or rifle gallery will do :cool:

could be worse, could be matt damon and roy kinnear :D
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    doodle doo wrote: »
    but just before i go... dodgems are my favourites. but for old time's sake, a hook the duck or rifle gallery will do :cool:

could be worse, could be matt damon and roy kinnear :D

HAHAHAHAHA not much worse though! :D
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    One teacher tried to excuse it by saying that English came easier to girls and the boys needed it as a leg-up.
    I cant really complain that it held me back because I regularly thrashed the Latin pupils in English.
    The boys were even more furious at being barred from French.
    This seems even worse than preventing girls from learning Latin :confused:

Hicky wrote: »
    What's a sex impediment?

You mean your not allowed to have sex during lessons without prior permission?.:-)))))))))))
    *tuts* TYPICAL.....:rolleyes:
    acker wrote: »
    hiya Gemo ....ours was a grammar school...( expelled with honours ) it still is . i still sometimes walk past it and peek into the grounds behind its " Gates of Rememberance " and honestly it still looks EXACTLY the same, the entire place exists in a time warp and im still in there aged 16
    you were expelled??:eek:
    A few have been insightful moots .....most have been complete and utter b*llocks in here. :D
    not so acks
    Artemesia wrote: »
    I went to a grammar school for Girls.Latin was compulsory and we had to choose whether to take French or German. Later, we could do 'sciences' , or Biology, not both....
    The building was previously a house, owned by a wealthy Greek so we had classrooms with amazing marble fireplaces and painted ceilings and the grounds were full of statuary and herb gardens. On our first day, we were made to bow down to a statue of Mercury by the older girls....
    :D
    doodle doo wrote: »
    i've got new fairy lights! they're red, yellow, green and blue golf ball shaped ones, about the size of a chickpea. i'm not sure they're quite as bright as the old fashioned bulb type ones (these are LED) but they're cheery
    Yaaay doods!:cool:

I expect she'll decline to answer.......
    :D and a tiiiny groan :D
    " Lost in France "...( I wont post it * shudder * )...I loved " lost in space " ...used to watch it Sunday mornings ....after the Waltons.
    *sniggers* sorry acks :o
    Wasn't there a radia programme called Lost in Space? I used to cower in my bedroom while the rest of the family listened, with me periodically popping out to ask what happened...I think there was a character called Lenny and it was rather classist.
    Cliff was robbed. :
    The Brits are ALWAYS robbed at the Eurovision Song Contest
    :mad:
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »
    This seems even worse than preventing girls from learning Latin :confused:

*tuts* TYPICAL.....:rolleyes:

you were expelled??:eek:

not so acks

Yaaay doods!:cool:

:D and a tiiiny groan :D

*sniggers* sorry acks :o
    Wasn't there a radia programme called Lost in Space? I used to cower in my bedroom while the rest of the family listened, with me periodically popping out to ask what happened...I think there was a character called Lenny and it was rather classist.

The Brits are ALWAYS robbed at the Eurovision Song Contest
    :mad:

Was it this moots ? I dont remember lost in space being on the radio ......( came back to edit ...I just read a list of the characters and one of them was called Lemmy ( not Lenny ) so thats your man innit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_into_Space

Two things ..one...nice one youtube for removing "Winkle picker shoes blues " by Bernard Cribbins ( which I have never heard ) due to third party copyright infringement ...thanks ....thanks a lot . Always one step ahead of the Bernard Cribbins bootleggers arent they ....well done.
    two.....Joni give us a wave. :)

Good morning when you all arrive.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/655102/655102,1314653737,1/stock-photo-almost-empty-milk-bottle-with-straw-against-orange-background-83693758.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-83693758/stock-photo-almost-empty-milk-bottle-with-straw-against-orange-background.html&h=470&w=300&sz=25&tbnid=r2eJCxBnJ_EQ-M:&tbnh=101&tbnw=64&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dempty%2Bmilk%2Bbottle%2Bwith%2Bstraw%2Bimage%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=empty+milk+bottle+with+straw+image&usg=__zAAxEjiopvHFOYQSoviwZ4UTPVI=&docid=JEpa_ECRsMqP7M&sa=X&ei=miN_UeKLCanI0AWV14CACg&ved=0CEAQ9QEwAA&dur=1756
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all :)
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,607
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

• Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

Morning Eddy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning acker :D

That Humphrey gets everywhere :D

Morning SR :D
    Morning Flora. :D
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

Morning Eddy :D
  • Options
    nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'S'up y'all....

too hot......I'm melting.....

Ridiculous place, why can't it have proper weather....this is just getting silly now...'real feel 44C' I know, I've just been out in it...no wonder people go mad in the heat..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...even kitty wants inside....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nowahalla wrote: »
    'S'up y'all....

too hot......I'm melting.....

Ridiculous place, why can't it have proper weather....this is just getting silly now...'real feel 44C' I know, I've just been out in it...no wonder people go mad in the heat..

Morning halla :D

Definitely far too hot :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS is a brilliant webcam. They're beavers & pretty active for so called nocturnal animals. I've spotted 4 of them this morning. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    THIS is a brilliant webcam. They're beavers & pretty active for so called nocturnal animals. I've spotted 4 of them this morning. :D

That looks good, I will keep an eye on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks good, I will keep an eye on it.

They're really fast. :D
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Good Morning everyone.:-)[highlight]((((((( {o-^-o} )))))))[/highlight]

Wow Halla, i remember those temperatures well from my Singapore days, it used to be the humidity that made it feel hotter.
    100F in the shade kept my body rather wet, i remember after a shower trying to dry myself, what a joke, we didn't have any air con in those days, not for the military anyway.
    Our air con was a fan above the bed going like the clappers.:-)))))))

At least the forecast says no snow.

We have a hot day of 10C here today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow Halla, i remember those temperatures well from my Singapore days, it used to be the humidity that made it feel hotter.
    100F in the shade kept my body rather wet, i remember after a shower trying to dry myself, what a joke, we didn't have any air con in those days, not for the military anyway.

Morning Hicky. :)
    Same here, it's sunny at the moment too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're really fast. :D

I best keep two eyes out then :D

Morning Hicky :D

Sunny here as well but a bit of a nip in the air at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning Hicky. :-)
    Same here, it's sunny at the moment too.
    Morning SR.:-)))))))))
    Sun bobbing in and out, be ok if this cloud cover evaporates or moves on.
    I best keep two eyes out then :-D

Morning Hicky :-D

Sunny here as well but a bit of a nip in the air at the moment.
    Morning Flora.:-))))))))))))
    Forecast here said high and low of 10C this afternoon, no rain and light 7mph wind.
    I can live with that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..still hot :( electric fan is telling me it's 31C inside the house, and it's hotter upstairs....yuk. I do run the AC from time to time but last month's leccy bill was 450 quid :( stoopit 'built like a brick oven' house....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hi Hicky, yup the humidity is what makes it so unpleasant...:(
    It reminds me of Lagos, Nigeria only it's a bit hotter here and the drains smell different...not good...just different:D and we have shopping malls here, and the people are mostly tiny so I feel like a heifer...:D
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Good Afternoon folks :)

I didn't have any internet this morning, so pleased to find that it is back again.

MIL doesn't get in until late tonight as she is going via Paris to save 15 quid and will have a 4 hour stopover there...With a 4 hour wait, I would probably have ended up spending 50 quid on food, drink and shopping just to pass the time! She has plenty of money, too, so it's not as if she has to be mega careful!

It was very hot in Athens and bustling with tourists, I was pleased to see. All up and down the main shopping centre, were street entertainers, which gave it a very jolly air though I nearly wet myself with fright when a shop-window dummy, suddenly waved at me. :D I am sure it was very funny, seeing people's reactions, and fortunately, I don't have a weak heart!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Hi Hicky, yup the humidity is what makes it so unpleasant...:-(
    It reminds me of Lagos, Nigeria only it's a bit hotter here and the drains smell different...not good...just different:-D and we have shopping malls here, and the people are mostly tiny so I feel like a heifer...:-D
    Yes, the humidity, don't think my skin dried out all the time i was there.
    Good Afternoon folks :-)

I didn't have any internet this morning, so pleased to find that it is back again.

MIL doesn't get in until late tonight as she is going via Paris to save 15 quid and will have a 4 hour stopover there...With a 4 hour wait, I would probably have ended up spending 50 quid on food, drink and shopping just to pass the time! She has plenty of money, too, so it's not as if she has to be mega careful!

It was very hot in Athens and bustling with tourists, I was pleased to see. All up and down the main shopping centre, were street entertainers, which gave it a very jolly air though I nearly wet myself with fright when a shop-window dummy, suddenly waved at me. :-D I am sure it was very funny, seeing people's reactions, and fortunately, I don't have a weak heart!
    Afternoon Arte.:-)))))))))))))))

Thats a blow, no internet.

It seems the more money they have the less they want to spend.

Maybe it wasn't really a dummy.:-)))))))))
  • Options
    DenleyDenley Posts: 4,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A'noon all :D

I'm back for a couple of days r&r. :cool:

Lambing is finished (for me anyway) :cool: and they're all ignoring me now grass is once again on the menu. :D the ungrateful little sods. :D

I've got some pics but no idea how to put them up on photobucket....anyone please feel free to pm me with idiot proof instructions. :o:D so I can linky them on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denley wrote: »
    A'noon all :D

I'm back for a couple of days r&r. :cool:

Lambing is finished (for me anyway) :cool: and they're all ignoring me now grass is once again on the menu. :D the ungrateful little sods. :D

I've got some pics but no idea how to put them up on photobucket....anyone please feel free to pm me with idiot proof instructions. :o:D so I can linky them on here.

...dives on Denley and rugby tackles him to the ground...mwah, mwah..:D:D
    ..hello ..:)
This discussion has been closed.