Options

GTA V Online: Are You Ready?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crashed down my console twice already today.

Once during getting my character a haircut, and then on the map screen after a TDM. That is 4 times over the last 2 days.

Happened to a few minutes ago, and now the fourth time since the patch.
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, I'm looking to get my first apartment. I've got 200k in the bank - with the R* 200k any day now is it worth getting a 400k or will something around 250 do? I'd like something nice, but don't want to just spend all the money - with the second payment I'd like to be able to afford a decent car :)
  • Options
    Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanielF wrote: »
    So, I'm looking to get my first apartment. I've got 200k in the bank - with the R* 200k any day now is it worth getting a 400k or will something around 250 do? I'd like something nice, but don't want to just spend all the money - with the second payment I'd like to be able to afford a decent car :)

Depends how much you value "the view" as the apartments are all the same interior wise I believe (Well the 'expensive ones' anyway).

Theres $200-$250k 10-car garages with decent views still which is what im gonna go for I think.

Then theres $300k-$400k ones which are just in a slightly better location with better views, still with a 10 car garage and identical interior.

Spend the $200k-$250k on the cheaper one and save the rest towards cars etc
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanielF wrote: »

I prioritised the location over view.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kerang wrote: »
    Cars that you buy are put in your garage are safe, maybe they are saved on a separate server.

I got back my money after waiting a couple hours but not my rank or my new hat or scope on my MG, pffft.

No, people have lost cars.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    2FS wrote: »
    The Sanchez used to cause the game to crash if you tried to modify it, so they removed the option.

If you have insurance for the Sanchez, it should appear in your garage when you're not using it, but no, you can't drive it in directly.

Something else for R* to fix :D

Stolen Sanchez cannot be modded only tracker added and you cannot drive them into garage, but will appear in garage when not using it, however brought Sanchez can be driven in and modded but you have to have them in a livery not normal colours like stolen ones :(
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sorted the hat buying problem I have had. It appears that if you have certain haircuts then a large number of hats just wont appear in the shops at all.
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hendo9 wrote: »
    Depends how much you value "the view" as the apartments are all the same interior wise I believe (Well the 'expensive ones' anyway).

Theres $200-$250k 10-car garages with decent views still which is what im gonna go for I think.

Then theres $300k-$400k ones which are just in a slightly better location with better views, still with a 10 car garage and identical interior.

Spend the $200k-$250k on the cheaper one and save the rest towards cars etc
    I prioritised the location over view.

Cheers both. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I've heard Apt 57 Alta is a good choice of appartment for £223k. Think im gonna splash out on that when the first installment comes in and then use the 2nd installment for a supercar. Means i can just use any cash i earn at the mo to mod my Elegy and Sabre Turbo. Hope the money comes soon as i'm slumming it in garages around the docks at the mo.

I realised last night that the survival modes are pretty rubbish until you reach high enough to get a decent gun. I've only got an SMG at the moment. You can pick up better guns but with the short time you have to run around you dont get chance to get much ammo. Think they'll be much more fun once i unlock an AR.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Fien wrote: »
    I've heard Apt 57 Alta is a good choice of appartment for £223k. Think im gonna splash out on that when the first installment comes in and then use the 2nd installment for a supercar. Means i can just use any cash i earn at the mo to mod my Elegy and Sabre Turbo. Hope the money comes soon as i'm slumming it in garages around the docks at the mo.

Nah, save yourself $20k and get Apt 20 - Del Perro Heights - Del Perro, Los Santos ($205,000, ten car garage) :D
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Damn, this game is sadistic!!!

Finally saved up enough for a Vacca plus bullet proof tyres and 40% armour last night.

Did my first mission in it and got it blown to kingdom come in the final stages of the mission by a rocket from a Buzzard chopper - flown by an AI goon no less.

$3000k premium from Mors to get it back - Thank God the misssion paid out over $10k.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I realised last night that the survival modes are pretty rubbish until you reach high enough to get a decent gun. I've only got an SMG at the moment. You can pick up better guns but with the short time you have to run around you dont get chance to get much ammo. Think they'll be much more fun once i unlock an AR.

Take a drive to the apartments before buying one then look at the map and see how close things like stores and spray shops are away from you. Buy based on location rather than view or price. The apartment I am in has a straight line run to a spray shop (Which is good for selling a car undamaged) and the spray shop is the unpopular one. There is a gun range near by and the heliport is very close. It also has the added advantage of having an underground garage which if you can turn down into the ramp fast enough you can put police into search mode and slip into the garage which is great for getting away.

As for the survival, I havent done many but the ones I have done I did with the SMG and got to round 10 with just two of us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Take a drive to the apartments before buying one then look at the map and see how close things like stores and spray shops are away from you. Buy based on location rather than view or price. The apartment I am in has a straight line run to a spray shop (Which is good for selling a car undamaged) and the spray shop is the unpopular one. There is a gun range near by and the heliport is very close. It also has the added advantage of having an underground garage which if you can turn down into the ramp fast enough you can put police into search mode and slip into the garage which is great for getting away.

As for the survival, I havent done many but the ones I have done I did with the SMG and got to round 10 with just two of us.

I'm liking the sound of your place. Which one is that?

That's impressive with the survival mode to do that. Im finding it difficult to find a decent spot on the maps. Keep thinking i've found one only to keep getting amubshed from a blind side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm liking the sound of your place. Which one is that?

It was a 235k one. The biggest downside is the view, I overlook a construction site and highway but I do have a sea view and can see the pier.

My view
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    It was a 235k one. The biggest downside is the view, I overlook a construction site and highway but I do have a sea view and can see the pier.

My view

That sounds alright with me. Would rather be playing the game than spending my time looking out of a window any way.

Im hoping that R* might release new properties in the future. Not sure how likely it is but would be a good way of keeping people interested.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Why are people talking about views etc? What the heck does it matter you dont actually live in the apartment. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sounds alright with me. Would rather be playing the game than spending my time looking out of a window any way.

Im hoping that R* might release new properties in the future. Not sure how likely it is but would be a good way of keeping people interested.

I would like some houses like Franklins house in the hills to be added in the future but I am not sure how that would work in relation to people been able to just enter your house or how a 10-car garage would work. Hopefully more interiors get added at least or the ability to buy furniture to add to your apartment as at the moment the lack of different interiors is a bit disappointing.

Having seen the view from inside the 400k apartment I really dont think it worth the money. IMHO the windows face the wrong direction :mad: . Location is the most important thing.

Bedroom window of 400k apartment
    Upstairs window view of 400k apartment

Not the best photos as we were playing around with the helicopter to see what each person could see. It turns out you can see out of an apartment but not in.
    R.Vecchio wrote: »
    Why are people talking about views etc? What the heck does it matter you dont actually live in the apartment. :rolleyes:

Because other than location that is all you get when you spend more money on an apartment.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm done with GTA Online. My internet has been down since Sunday evening and won't be sorted until Friday. Not once have I felt pissed off that I cannot play GTA online or do I get the feeling of missing out. If this was a game I enjoyed playing and had fun with I would be itching to get back online, yet I don't. Don't get me wrong, I wanna get back online asap but not for GTA, it's mainly for NFL Gamepass which I use as well downloading my t.v shows.

I will give it another chance once I'm back up and running but if nothing has changed gameplay wise and how I feel, I'm out. I'll just stick to getting 100% in SP.

Most of you probably won't care less if I play online or not, this is not a "look at me" post, Im not looking for attention. I wish Rockstar nailed the online part of their game but they didn't and are playing catch up and are losing fans in the process. I'm not saying that I won't buy a Rockstar game again, that's crazy talk but they have given online a half decent go, will learn from their cock-up's and hopefully come back even better with the next GTA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    I think I'm done with GTA Online. My internet has been down since Sunday evening and won't be sorted until Friday. Not once have I felt pissed off that I cannot play GTA online or do I get the feeling of missing out. If this was a game I enjoyed playing and had fun with I would be itching to get back online, yet I don't. Don't get me wrong, I wanna get back online asap but not for GTA, it's mainly for NFL Gamepass which I use as well downloading my t.v shows.

I will give it another chance once I'm back up and running but if nothing has changed gameplay wise and how I feel, I'm out. I'll just stick to getting 100% in SP.

Most of you probably won't care less if I play online or not, this is not a "look at me" post, Im not looking for attention. I wish Rockstar nailed the online part of their game but they didn't and are playing catch up and are losing fans in the process. I'm not saying that I won't buy a Rockstar game again, that's crazy talk but they have given online a half decent go, will learn from their cock-up's and hopefully come back even better with the next GTA.

Dont think there's anything wrong with you voicing your opinion. I cant say that im sold on the online bit just yet. Im churning away through the early ranks in the hope that i get to unlock more better missions. From what i can tell they do get better.

Only missions available seem to be either to go and collect drugs or a car and bring them back. They're fairly enjoyable but when you do the whole mission and get $1000 at the end of it, im not exactly tempted to keep doing them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I always leave online by going back SP and it always says 'Saving progress' ...yet it's only about 1 in 4 times my online progress is saved. Last weekend I must have played about 8 or 9 hours on or off yet lost so many lvl's and cash .... Pretty much ended up where I started

Am I doing something wrong? Are there any warning signs that I could/ should look out for before logging off?

Any help would be appreciated it's driving me a bit twitty at the moment
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always leave online by going back SP and it always says 'Saving progress' ...yet it's only about 1 in 4 times my online progress is saved. Last weekend I must have played about 8 or 9 hours on or off yet lost so many lvl's and cash .... Pretty much ended up where I started

Am I doing something wrong? Are there any warning signs that I could/ should look out for before logging off?

Any help would be appreciated it's driving me a bit twitty at the moment

Best advise is read thread like this because problems are reported quite quickly at the moment. Last weekend GTA Online had major problems saving people progress so I and many others stayed off it.

Everything is working at the moment and has been since late Sunday.

I try to increase my chances of a save actually saving by doing a couple of things before I quit. I sell a car, buy some ammo, buy some clothes all of which put a save down. Sadly the online is still flaky and you just have to deal with the problems or leave the game and come back when its hopefully sorted in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.Vecchio wrote: »

it's no different to real life :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you click "like" or "dislike" is that a vote for the mission and settings, or if you liked the people you played with?

I usually click like but there was one "race" but it was muscle cars mainly up hill and went on for 3 laps. Felt more like a group cruise than a race and didn't like it. But I didn't want to click "dislike" in case that was like a bad sport vote.
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's voting on the mission/activity itself, it's the way R* have said they will gauge the community reaction towards them, so when it comes to them possibly removing some they can get a general idea.
  • Options
    LeewichLeewich Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcidVenus wrote: »
    When you click "like" or "dislike" is that a vote for the mission and settings, or if you liked the people you played with?

I usually click like but there was one "race" but it was muscle cars mainly up hill and went on for 3 laps. Felt more like a group cruise than a race and didn't like it. But I didn't want to click "dislike" in case that was like a bad sport vote.

As far as I can tell you are liking or disliking the actual race, mission, parachute jump etc. to give Rockstar feedback for when they create future missions.