Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Total SOR that any waitress would act as unprofessional with customers as Steph does.
    She is constantly sticking her nose in their business and passing personal comments.
    I like her but they seem to be "forcing" her integration a little too much....like they did with Stella but on a lesser scale.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Total SOR that any waitress would act as unprofessional with customers as Steph does.
    She is constantly sticking her nose in their business and passing personal comments.
    I like her but they seem to be "forcing" her integration a little too much....like they did with Stella but on a lesser scale.

The whole of The Bistro is unprofessional. Family and staff frequently arguing in front of customers. Gail stood at the bar with a dirty mop. Ordering two decade worth of olives,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    As has been hinted, I cannot Phelan letting them get away so easily. If he didn't video his passion with Anna, it would be his word against hers that it ever happened ... except when Anna was supposed to be working late at the cafe, she bumped into somebody when she got off the bus? Who was that? Surely she didn't bump into someone for no reason, and that may come out later!

I agree, I can't see a snake like Phelan releasing them all from his clutches so easily when he still has so much power over them, especially Anna. For him to be satisfied with a one off session in a hotel room with Anna when he could easily force her to agree to loads more sleazy encounters in order to buy his silence would be a complete SOR in my opinion.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, I can't see a snake like Phelan releasing them all from his clutches so easily when he still has so much power over them, especially Anna. For him to be satisfied with a one off session in a hotel room with Anna when he could easily force her to agree to loads more sleazy encounters in order to buy his silence would be a complete SOR in my opinion.

And is therefore highly likely. And how soon with the £80k be forgotten about too - the Windass-Armstrong lot will be having breakfast in Roy's and evenings out in the bistro within a fortnight.
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Where is Jack?

Kevin is being very generous in opening his house to Sophie and >:(die but what does Jack think about.

Has he been forgotten just to suit the storyline.
  • Options
    kevthelutonbeekevthelutonbee Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand how Tyrone has been given complete custody of Ruby, and now appears to be accepted by all and sundry as her legal guardian with no checks from social workers even though he was not named as the father on Ruby's birth certificate! He could well have been any bloke off the street as far as the law was concerned :o:o

Don't get me wrong, I love Tyrone and am so glad he has ended up with Ruby but don't understand how he has been allowed to keep her unless Kirsty had a change of heart and put his name on the birth certificate acknowledging him as the father. Have I missed something?

Isn't it just the same with Simon,Leanne and Peter too?
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    Where is Jack?

Kevin is being very generous in opening his house to Sophie and >:(die but what does Jack think about.

Has he been forgotten just to suit the storyline.

Yes, and it's only a two bedroom house, so that's Jack kicked out of his bedroom for those two whiny mingers!
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand how Tyrone has been given complete custody of Ruby, and now appears to be accepted by all and sundry as her legal guardian with no checks from social workers even though he was not named as the father on Ruby's birth certificate! He could well have been any bloke off the street as far as the law was concerned :o:o

Don't get me wrong, I love Tyrone and am so glad he has ended up with Ruby but don't understand how he has been allowed to keep her unless Kirsty had a change of heart and put his name on the birth certificate acknowledging him as the father. Have I missed something?

Doesn't make sense.

Makson wrote: »
    The whole of The Bistro is unprofessional. Family and staff frequently arguing in front of customers. Gail stood at the bar with a dirty mop. Ordering two decade worth of olives,

.Yes.

Quite. And this is supposed to be a huge storyline lasting the whole summer so I read somewhere.

Isn't it just the same with Simon,Leanne and Peter too?

Leanne had residency order and Peter has not contested it.

Yes, and it's only a two bedroom house, so that's Jack kicked out of his bedroom for those two whiny mingers!

Poor Jack:( His mother died, the person he thought was his father isn't, and his biological father seems to have forgotten him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I find odd is that Roy just seems to be carrying on as normal, it's as if Hayley never existed. They were such a close couple, that it would have been interesting to see how he is coping without her, I guess it won't be long till they have paired him off with someone else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    I'm wondering if the copy of the 'security tape' is in fact, a copy of Phelan & Anna in the hotel room? It would be his final trump card to destroy Owen. :o

Yep, I can see it now - another massive soap cliche - Christmas Day - all gathered around the TV to watch how Gary beat up Phelan - as you would :p, - an alternative to the Queen's speech!
  • Options
    Susan_TowersSusan_Towers Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    amysmum wrote: »
    Yep, I can see it now - another massive soap cliche - Christmas Day - all gathered around the TV to watch how Gary beat up Phelan - as you would :p, - an alternative to the Queen's speech!

Or perhaps a mix up with the discs and boxes, which I seem to remember Gail doing?
  • Options
    ChattinglilChattinglil Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    straycat73 wrote: »
    Why does Anna still wear her wedding ring?

maybe it's not a wedding ring.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »

No that's been done on the London soap.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must have three bedrooms. Gloria, Stella and Eva were all living there. Can't imagine any of them shared a room.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    It must have three bedrooms. Gloria, Stella and Eva were all living there. Can't imagine any of them shared a room.

Don't really want to start up the old argument again about how many bedrooms there are in the old terraced houses, however I still say they are two up, two down houses with the third bedroom ( if there ever was one) being converted into a bathroom. I think that was why Kevin and Sally moved across the road to get a a bigger house. Have no idea where Stella and her lot were all sleeping when they lived there:confused:
  • Options
    FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Tyrone and Fiz were so worried about Kirsty turning up that they asked Owen to put in security measures urgently. Then they left their kids with whoever to hang around in Maria's flat and then went out for the evening, leaving them again...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't really want to start up the old argument again about how many bedrooms there are in the old terraced houses, however I still say they are two up, two down houses with the third bedroom ( if there ever was one) being converted into a bathroom. I think that was why Kevin and Sally moved across the road to get a a bigger house. Have no idea where Stella and her lot were all sleeping when they lived there:confused:
    There has to be more than two though. How would Ken, Dierdre, Tracy, Blanche and Amy all have lived together in a two bedroom house? Or Eileen, Jason, Eva, Todd and Shaun? The only way it works is if the terraced homes have three bedrooms upstairs, and some of the houses use their rarely-seen front rooms as an additional bedroom.

Just thought of other examples. Dev's kids can't share a room surely, being one of each, yet that house doesn't have a front room downstairs. So there must be three bedrooms. Same with Chesney's house.
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I find odd is that Roy just seems to be carrying on as normal, it's as if Hayley never existed. They were such a close couple, that it would have been interesting to see how he is coping without her, I guess it won't be long till they have paired him off with someone else.

While Roy was going walk-about, I'm sure I read, (goodness only knows where), that he was eventually traced to Thailand. Perhaps he'll buy an oriental wife, Eric Pollard style :D (Better still, the same actress :D:D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has to be more than two though. How would Ken, Dierdre, Tracy, Blanche and Amy all have lived together in a two bedroom house? Or Eileen, Jason, Eva, Todd and Shaun? The only way it works is if the terraced homes have three bedrooms upstairs, and some of the houses use their rarely-seen front rooms as an additional bedroom.

Just thought of other examples. Dev's kids can't share a room surely, being one of each, yet that house doesn't have a front room downstairs. So there must be three bedrooms. Same with Chesney's house.
    's
    In Ken's house, the front room was Blanche's bedroom, now it's Amy's bedroom because they showed Tracy going in there once last year and it was all decorated in pink. Same with Eileen's, Sean has always had the front room as his bedroom, goodness knows where Todd sleeps now! Dev's house, I think, has a loft conversion, as I think Danny Baldwin made one when he modernized the place. Chesney's house is just ridiculous with all them living there ! It's not possible unless Craig sleeps on the couch.:)
    chestfield wrote: »
    While Roy was going walk-about, I'm sure I read, (goodness only knows where), that he was eventually traced to Thailand. Perhaps he'll buy an oriental wife, Eric Pollard style :D (Better still, the same actress :D:D)
    I don't remember Eric Pollard's Thai bride, have only started watching Emmerdale this past year. Who was the actress?
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D and Gail in her tabard mopping the floor when people are dining!!
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ................. Dev's kids can't share a room surely, being one of each, yet that house doesn't have a front room downstairs. ........

I think this has been covered in an earlier thread. The position seems to be that there are no laws about it, but that individual councils can make their own rules in relation to their own properties.
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compulsory education starts the term after the child's fifth birthday, although most seem to start at four.

My grandson is the same age as Liam and started school last September. As you say, it would be unusual for a child to start at 5 these days. Very unusual. But Corrie plays fast and loose with school and education matters anyway. Remember Curly Simon being in the nativity play with the infants, and Brian moving from being an English teacher in a secondary school to the headteacher of a primary school.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I think this has been covered in an earlier thread. The position seems to be that there are no laws about it, but that individual councils can make their own rules in relation to their own properties.

Dev owns his own house, doesn't he? I've now completely forgotten who owns Eileen's!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dev owns his own house, doesn't he? I've now completely forgotten who owns Eileen's!
    Eileen herself owns it these days. She bought it a few years back with money from an inheritance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eileen herself owns it these days. She bought it a few years back with money from an inheritance.

OK - thanks for that. I've no memory of that at all!

But houses get bought and sold very swiftly in Corrie. I remember David and Kylie apparently buying Gail's house, but that seemed to go suddenly from their talking about it to its being their house, and they could do what they wanted with it, including shuffling Gail off to that blooming 'box bedroom'.
This discussion has been closed.