Options

What destinations have you been to on holiday

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
Forum Member
Where have you been to when you have been on holiday?

I have been to malta and to magaluf

my next holiday will be to Benidorm in may and I can't wait about 9/10 weeks to go

Comments

• Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the Canaries,particularly Fuerteventura,and been over 20 times over the years.Also been to Portugal,Spain and Ibiza a few times.
    Never been outside Europe though.America doesn't appeal to me.Rather spend a couple of weeks on a beach rather than site seeing,and can get that in the places I mentioned.
  • Options
    rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive been to zimbabwe, tenerife, gran caneria, turkey, and this morning come back from thailand :)
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rikstan87 wrote: »
    ive been to zimbabwe, tenerife, gran caneria, turkey, and this morning come back from thailand :)

Thailand, wow,what was it like?

PS: aren't you tired?;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thailand was amazing, ill never forget that place ;) and yes im shattered havent slept properly since i left phutket yesterday!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i do recommend going there though just experience the culture
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    I've only been to Cyprus, Turkey and Ireland. When my kids were young we used to holiday a lot in Cornwall which I loved.
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mostly Italy for me, jesolo, cattolica, sorrento, viareggio, milan, rome, sardina
  • Options
    greendayfan6greendayfan6 Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to Cyprus off season and I was so bored because of the weather in fact I split with my GF at the time because I realised it was her that was boring and not Cyprus in the rain.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Calpe in Spain (near Benidorm)
    Orlando, Florida, USA
    Paris, France
    Vilamoura, The Algarve, Portugal

Those are the only places i've been abroad but i've been to Woolacombe in Devon a couple of times, Walsingham in Norfolk a couple of times, Rhosneiger in Angelsey a few times, Harlech, Barmouth and Nant Gwynant (near Beddgelert) a number of times, somewhere in the Lake District once and London a few times as well.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blackpool, Skegness, Cleethorpes, Benidorm, Ibiza, Menorca, Gran Canaria, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, France, Cyprus, Rhodes, Turkey, Egypt, Eilat, Las Vegas (Twice), Florida (Three times), Pittsburgh, Mexico, Jamaica, Zimbabwe, Japan, Australia (Twice) & Fiji.
  • Options
    adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I go to places that are like London but in other countries.
  • Options
    skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adopter wrote: »
    I go to places that are like London but in other countries.

http://travelingluck.com/Asia/Philippines/Batangas/_1730451_Anus.html
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Can't be arsed to type it out again.
    Caldari wrote: »
    Been all over the place through holidays and work. Furthest place, and by far the longest journey, would be New Zealand, but have also been to the Falklands, the US, Israel, Africa (various countries), Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Siberia, Japan and all over Europe.
  • Options
    terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spain
    portugal
    Romania (work related)
    Usa
    Ecuador and Galapogos islands
    France
    germany
    Ireland
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,092
    Forum Member
    I wish DS would have a separate travel subforum, I love holidays and would be great to have a place to discuss them.
  • Options
    icic Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only do secluded places where I don't have to see many people .I'd rather have my eyes poked out than do a beach holiday .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Yeah a separate forum for holidays and travel would be good we could share all our holiday experiences.
  • Options
    DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carene2013 wrote: »
    Where have you been to when you have been on holiday?

I have been to malta and to magaluf

my next holiday will be to Benidorm in may and I can't wait about 9/10 weeks to go

Benidorm? You're kidding right? Oh sorry, I see that you're from Manchester, you'll probably fit right in.
    I found myself there for a day a few years back when visiting friends who had re-located to Torrevieja.
    It was fortunate that I speak reasonable Spanish, as the English speaking Spaniards there had difficulty understanding my London accent.
    They seemed okay with the northerners though.
  • Options
    deltadelta Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ireland; France; Spain; Norway; Canada; 18 US States; Holland; The Gambia, (my favourite).
  • Options
    taskertasker Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only ever been out of the country twice both times to Gran Canaria, gorgeous place would live there tomorrow :D
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Spain - Canary Islands, Salou, Calpe
    Egypt
    Netherlands
    Germany
    Czech Republic
    France
    Ireland
    England
    Wales

going to Croatia in June
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Spain several times (Madrid, loads of places in the Alicante/Valencia region: Benidorm, Calpe, the Jalón Valley, Javea etc.) Plus Lanzarote and Majorca
    Andorra
    France
    Czech Republic
    New Zealand later this year and spending a day in Sydney on the way back. Really excited.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For holidays: France, Spain (lots), Portugal, Thailand (5 times), Malaysia, Cambodia, Ireland, Dubai. Going to Prague next weekend so I'll be able to add the Czech Rep to the list.

For work: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Italy, USA (many times), India, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Spain and probably some more I've forgotten. I used to travel constantly for work.

My favourite place is Thailand. I could easily spend all winter there if only I had the money and didn't have the inconvenience of a job.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carene2013 wrote: »

Do yourself a favour and try to get out of Benidorm to explore the area. The place itself is a craphole but there's a handy train that runs up and town the coast to other towns and resorts which are much nicer. Alicante is well worth a day trip as is Denia.
  • Options
    Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    For holidays: France, Spain (lots), Portugal, Thailand (5 times), Malaysia, Cambodia, Ireland, Dubai. Going to Prague next weekend so I'll be able to add the Czech Rep to the list.

For work: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Italy, USA (many times), India, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Spain and probably some more I've forgotten. I used to travel constantly for work.

My favourite place is Thailand. I could easily spend all winter there if only I had the money and didn't have the inconvenience of a job.

What job did you have that made you travel?