Options

How many people will you be eating xmas dinner with?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Just my dad. Mum's working. Only child
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just me and my fiance :)
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,560
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    None

It must be 20 years or more since I had Christmas dinner with anyone else.......:o

I remember having a tenner on Desert Orchid that year.....:p

Have been invited to have dinner with a daughter and 5 others, but three of them I'd rather not be with. Am currently mulling over the idea of doing it alone this year for a change; why put up with the awkwardness?

Would still do visiting afterwards though.
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just my mum, and I and our pooch !!
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    Whats the general view here about having xmas dinner on your knee in front of the tele?? I used to do it when I was a kid, I've got very fond memories of watching TOTPs with my Turkey and sprouts. :)

as it's just mum and I [and the dog!] we have our dinner on a tray, but we used to eat at the table when my dad and grandparents were alive and other family members were here.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Hopefully, just one.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angela F wrote: »
    Nobody unless I'm invited over to one of my siblings' houses.

I had my dog for company last year but she fell ill on Christmas Day and had to be put to sleep on 29 December.
    That's not good.

I have a Christmas dinner with relatives but it's not on Christmas Day (usually the Saturday before), so if you want Christmas dinner on the day.....you're more than welcome to join me. Yes i'm serious and no there are most definitely no strings!!
  • Options
    THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,453
    Forum Member
    There will be nine people at the Christmas dinner I will be at as I will be away for Christmas and the new year visiting my cousins in the West Midlands.
    Ian.
  • Options
    izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me, my husband and our three children.

I honestly could not cope with cooking for loads of people.
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    8 of us, me, hubby, two sons, my Mam, Father in Law, Brother in law and sons girlfriend. Will be a squeeze. Would prefer to be just us 4 in all honesty!
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One or two.
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only five of us this year thank goodness, the only guest being my mum. Don't mind that as we don't have to "entertain" and can slob out after dinner :)
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    5 - parents, me, sister and sister's boyfriend is joining us for the first time.

Normally have 14 on Boxing Day but we're postponing until my grandpa's 90th in early Jan instead.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Eight.
  • Options
    Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    At the last count there will be 10 adults and 11 children. Except for 2 adults and 1 child they are all staying with us. The men are going to cook. I don't know whether to have my nervous breakdown now or wait until Christmas Day.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just two others, my wife and son.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me, myself and I.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7 or 8...husband and me, 4 kids, daughter in law and possibly daughters boyfriend though he's on call so may be at work.
  • Options
    NirvanaGirlNirvanaGirl Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will have 8 people this year, usually it's just 3 of us. One of the guys at work has made me a fantastic 'over table' for my regular 4 seat dining table from a sheet of chipboard cut to size with borders all the way round to keep it stable.

I'm very excited :D

I hope all of you that are spending Christmas alone (through circumstance rather than choice), still manage to have a great day
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Grandma, Aunt, Mum, Dad, Mother-in-law, Hubby, Son and me on Christmas Day - so 8.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will be 4 people around the Christmas dinner table. Me, husband, Mum and Dad. There will also be two dogs giving 'feed me, I'm starving' eyes the entire time.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just me, my husband and two kids. I don't invite anyone, I like a nice quiet, stress free day with my nearest and dearest. I have no intention of slaving away in the kitchen all day feeding a multitude of relatives,
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    My mum, my sister, her OH, my aunt and me. Alternate years my brother, sister in law and three children join us and up until the Christmas before last my Dad was alive. So this is quite a small gathering compared to usual. But there will be a lot of people in for a drink before dinner and a family gathering in a relative's house on Boxing Day.
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,395
    Forum Member
    Me ,husband, mother and father in law, son, daughter, grand daughter. Good job Ive got a big turkey and ham :D
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As well as myself, we'll have eleven adults plus one child and one baby. And two dogs!

We had more a couple of years ago. My mum forgot just how many family members were coming, and invited a couple of neighbours, so there was a lot of fun and games arranging and rearranging the various tables we'd shoved together. Thankfully, their dining room extends into the living room with double doors connecting the two, so it worked out OK! :D

We always do teamwork when it comes to the actual cooking, with different parts of the family taking care of the different bits of the meal, so it works out OK, and we love having as many of us as possible under the one roof.