2»

Comments

• Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »
    Yes, to Derek from the Bay City Rollers. :o

Oh, he's the Roller who had a bit of an appetite for amateur photography...;) :o
  • Options
    chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    roz89 wrote: »
    lmao and adults wonder why kids today grow up with a mistrust in authority figures! i bet you were gutted at the time.

I probably was, but have to grow up eventually.
    My music genre soon changed, and towards the end of secondary school I was addicted to 'The Corrs' and also through college & Uni.

At the moment when it comes to music, I'm not the typical 26 yo. My music choice is Magic/Heart/Smooth radio, rather than all the club music that is out these days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roz89 wrote: »
    lists this as a potential contact address http://www.caa.com/
    That's CAA, one of the biggest (if not the biggest) talent agencies. They don't usually handle fan mail. Most stars have a management or PR address to handle it.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wrote one to Martina Navratilova in 1976.

No reply.
  • Options
    CalphurniaCalphurnia Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to well show up how old I am here, but....

I once wrote a fan letter to Roland Rat! I was pretty young at the time, though. I didn't realise there was a postal address for the studio (or wherever) so I took it as gospel that he did actually live at Kings Cross Sewer Station and that is where I addressed my letter!! :o:o:o

Perhaps I wasn't the only one to do this as I did get a reply :D (I was very confused that the letter head on their reply had a different address though!)
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wrote to Aaron Sidwell when he was in Eastenders (he sent me a signed piccy), and I ended up meeting him after he left, he gave me a hug, and I gushed like a school girl with a crush:o.

He is lovely though:).
  • Options
    TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once sent a get well card to a rugby player when he broke his leg. A few days later I watched an interview with him on the telly and saw my card on his mantlepiece. I was very excited.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I wrote to Norman Wisdom around 15 years ago, telling him how much I had always enjoyed his films. He sent back a lovely letter and a signed photo.

I also wrote to Herge, creator of Tintin, and received a letter, some stamps and postcards back. I was in my 30s at the time, and he agreed with me that Tintin wasn't just for kids. Sadly and to my horror, I lost the letter somewhere, but still have the other items.
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have u eve hd the best fan letter evariut sounds like this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6zfP_2EtvI
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chris2k2 wrote: »
    I chose Michael Jackson. [...]someone pointed out it was same writing has the head-teacher:D

Did "Michael" also send back your letter with spelling errors corrected? :D
  • Options
    craigy132craigy132 Posts: 1,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK so say I wanted to try and get the wife some free signed pics etc from her heroes Take that, bon jovi and prof brian cox in time for xmas how would I go about it ? In the case of take that and bon jovi would they not entertain the idea and try to sell you a fan club membership?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wrote to a lot of fooballers when I was little to get their autographs. My sister wrote to Roy Cropper's actor and got a nice letter back.
  • Options
    wur86wur86 Posts: 10,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wrote to John Wayne asking if he had any old guns he didn't want.
    Never got an answer.
  • Options
    Payne by namePayne by name Posts: 3,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a youngster I fired out quite a few fan letters.

I wrote to Maggie Thatcher when she left office to thank her for contribution to this country. I'd enclosed a pre-paid postcard asking for it to be posted on receipt, so I knew that she had received it. It was posted back and someone had written 'received with thanks' on it.

I got very obsessed by Edward Scissorhands when it came out and wrote a bevy of letters to Winona Ryder (had a huge crush), Danny Elfman (composer of the wonderful score) and the director Tim Burton. I never heard anything back.

I studiply wrote a letter along with a mix tape to Elize du Toit (Izzy from Hollyoaks) because I fancied her like crazy. I'd read an article prior to sending where she'd talked about different bits of fanmail she'd received, hence why I thought she might appreciate a mixed love CD - what a fool!

I wrote to James Cameron after Titanic because it blew me away so much and did receive a signed colour photograph back about six months later.

Probably the nicest one though was when I contacted C-Diddy, USA and World Air Guitar Champion and star of Air Guitar Nation, the brilliant documentary about Air Guitar. I'd just entered the UK one (and made it onto the UK documentary included in the special features of the DVD) and after seeing him in the film had to write. He had just that same kind of fun, not taking it too seriously but still wanting to be entertaining and put on a show attitude that I did. A top bloke.
  • Options
    jamesdeanukjamesdeanuk Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was younger I used to write to Myra Hindley.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was younger I used to write to Myra Hindley.

Did she reply? Can't imagine she had much else to do...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't written any fan letter yet. I always think he is too busy and it will be his assistants open the letter and read it. Maybe I should learn to write a very remarkable letter so that those read it will pass my words to him. Any ideas? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes loads and lot's of replies from autographs to letters and even random hoilday snaps from Paloma Faith.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another case of showing my age here.....I've still got the signed photo of Susan Penhaligon she sent when I wrote to her and Judi Dench when A Fine Romance was running-never got an answer from Judi though.