Options

Doctor Who, Episode 11: Turn Left. 21 June 2008, 6.40pm BBC1

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Capnm wrote: »
    i have a question, the UNIT soldier at the beginning, he looks familiar. was he one of the two soldiers cloned by the sontarans? i can't explain but the face looked so familiar. its probably not even relevant but..........
    "His name was Ross."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I was just watching the Turn Left trailer again and it made me wonder how much time has passed for Rose since last seeing the Doctor? She seemed rather older and sadder in the trailer, like more time had passed than just 2 years...

Or am I just talking random crap? (don't feel you have to answer that one too honestly!!)
  • Options
    pablopicassopablopicasso Posts: 32,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sams83 wrote: »
    I was just watching the Turn Left trailer again and it made me wonder how much time has passed for Rose since last seeing the Doctor? She seemed rather older and sadder in the trailer, like more time had passed than just 2 years...

Or am I just talking random crap? (don't feel you have to answer that one too honestly!!)
    It's obviously being married to Laurence Fox and making Diary of a call girl that did it. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sams83 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been said elsewhere but is that moment from the mid series trailer where the Doctor and Donna are talking about Rose coming back likely to be in Turn Left do we think?? I assumed it would be at the end of tonight's episode somehow but clearly I was wrong. Having seen the trailer for Turn Left now I can't guess how its going to fit in!!

yeah maybe turn Left is a 'what if' episode where she meets Rose and then Donna tells the Doctor about it and then the bit in the trailer when donna says"but thats good isnt it, it means rose is coming back" is at the end of turn left leading into The Stolen Earth.
    Capnm wrote: »
    I'm now 99% convinced it's the same guy. Look at the following two clips...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pilwD0045SA

at 59 secs

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7ihhATfZ7rg

at 5 secs

it's definitely the same guy and the hair cut matches too. now then I wonder what that means, all a bit curious.

discuss....

definately the same guy which i guess supports the idea thia is a 'what if' episode because really he may not have died if the doctor was dead and maybe he would have been asigned another job etc...
    Simon__UK wrote: »
    "His name was Ross."

No that was a different guy wasnt it? :D
  • Options
    Cameron KMcEwanCameron KMcEwan Posts: 1,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah maybe turn Left is a 'what if' episode where she meets Rose and then Donna tells the Doctor about it and then the bit in the trailer when donna says"but thats good isnt it, it means rose is coming back" is at the end of turn left leading into The Stolen Earth.

definately the same guy which i guess supports the idea thia is a 'what if' episode because really he may not have died if the doctor was dead and maybe he would have been asigned another job etc...

it was indeed, ross was the guy who became "potential companion of the week" during the sontaran stuff

This guy was one of the two guys to go and investigate the sontaran cloning stuff, took the mick out of staal, got zapped and turned to zombies
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I made that up. Then got banned befor I could admit to it. The lie snowballed, gathered momentum, garnered popularity, filtered out across the net & kinda took on a life of it's own.

It's utter rubbish. It was simply a means by which to conveniently pull together rumours into one coherant story.

lol I knew it! Still it was a bloody good idea you could have wrote the final!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No. Deffo Ross.

I took an immediate 'shine to him' shall we say, so recognised him immediately in the trailer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lordo350 wrote: »
    lol I knew it! Still it was a bloody good idea you could have wrote the final!
    HAHA! Thanks! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Deffo Ross.

I took an immediate 'shine to him' shall we say, so recognised him immediately in the trailer.

No Ross was played by Christian Cooke. The guy in the trailer is Private Harris played by Clive Standen, but they do look similar!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    right did anyone get a screencap of what was on donnas back ive tryed pausing it but im still stumped
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No Ross was played by Christian Cooke. The guy in the trailer is Private Harris played by Clive Standen, but they do look similar!
    Awww, pooh. :( 'We like Ross!'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xodust wrote: »
    right did anyone get a screencap of what was on donnas back ive tryed pausing it but im still stumped

yeah it was like a beetle thing.. there's a link to a screencap on the previous page on post #6
    Awww, pooh. :( 'We like Ross!'

me too ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    definitely not Ross...im very intrigued, mind you Martha was released when her clone died, we don't actually know what happened to the 2 soldiers, if they were cloned or became slaves. if they were clones it stands to reason that they their real selves became "live" again, if they were slaves and died then the "what if" episode scenario is possible.

one thing is for sure, i'm really confused.
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Thought;
    The episode is called "Turn Left" but it could mean;
    Turn Right - Right
    Turn Left - Wrong
    Donna and the Doctor turned the wrong way, Doctor gets killed, etc etc etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    i suspected and still do that the "turn left" bit might have a reference to ATMOS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    The spoiler for "Turn left" that caught my eye was:

"The true mastermind of the ill fate that happens to Donna in this episode will be familiar to fans of one of the Doctor Who spinoff shows"

Having watched "The Sarah Jane Adventures", this could be a guy referred to only as "the trickster". He created an alternate reality, making Sarah Jane disappear. He also said "imagine if the doctor had never existed, what chaos there would be across the stars".
  • Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    How is Rose going to pull across from a different universe do we think?

I'm thinking the people in that universe all club together and buy her a one-way ticket. The enormous cost is what's destroying their universe, but they feel it's money well spent.

Any other theories?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking the people in that universe all club together and buy her a one-way ticket. The enormous cost is what's destroying their universe, but they feel it's money well spent.

Any other theories?

No that about sums it up :D

She should have got a megarider, shes always poping from one universe to another, she might as well take the bus
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    What a strange episode! Can't say that I have decided whether I like it or not yet - it depends on a few things!

Here's my usual review - comments anyone?

http://www.telewatcher.com/Science-Fiction/Doctor-Who/Midnight-Doctor-Who-Series-4-Episode-10.138778

Tal x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry, old who fan now!

I know the thing on her back was very scarab like, leading to the probably spot on specualation that it is either a racnos or somthing from her visit to egypt.

however, there is a scene in the trailer when she is surrounded by mirrors and lights. Can't help but think this is another nod to the PD era, and the tegan stories about the mara. Got to say, i'm liking this idea, as i feel that DT is very PD like and more over DN is VERY TJ like!
    :p
  • Options
    The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taliesyn30 wrote: »
    What a strange episode! Can't say that I have decided whether I like it or not yet - it depends on a few things!

Here's my usual review - comments anyone?

http://www.telewatcher.com/Science-Fiction/Doctor-Who/Midnight-Doctor-Who-Series-4-Episode-10.138778

Tal x

I'm sure that's a very entertaining review, but unfortunately the OP has decided to start this thread for next week's episode.
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    The Time Beetle on Donna's back removes her from ever meeting the Doctor. Therefore he dies fighting the Racnoss, Martha dies because of the Judoon, the titanic crashes into earth causing a nuclear explosion all because there's no Doctor but when they kill the Beetle everything is put back to right.
  • Options
    Jakes_stuffJakes_stuff Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    The Time Beetle on Donna's back removes her from ever meeting the Doctor. Therefore he dies fighting the Racnoss, Martha dies because of the Judoon, the titanic crashes into earth causing a nuclear explosion all because there's no Doctor but when they kill the Beetle everything is put back to right.

is this a theory or fact? If fact what is your source please?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apparently this story is the real story because donna never met the doctor because she turn left in the car or something and the stories we have seen previously have been from an alternate universe and this is the real story where Donna never met the Doctor etc. -source the mail on sunday i think