Options

Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC live feed had it as 4-0, Bojan, then updated to say disallowed.

Back to 3-0, we're on the charge.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    FFS! No getting rid of the old bustard now :D
  • Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the heck happened there?

I leave the room at 4-0, and come back and it's 3-2 :)
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its3-2
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is more like it! Come on lads!
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    What a loss Monreal being out has proved to be. This was not the game to play Chambers in the middle and Bellerin at RB. One too many changes in the back.

Wenger better buy a defender in January as it is costing us atm.
  • Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even the Setanta commentators didn't realise the 4th goal was disallowed until about 5 minutes later :D
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chambers off.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Ah, that was short lived.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Great, Wenger can use the sending off to deflect going 3-0 behind!!
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great, Wenger can use the sending off to deflect going 3-0 behind!!

No he can not especially when they could have had the 4th. He' just be happy thw score was not bad in the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Watching Arsenal play is like watching the Titanic sink :(.

Wenger PLEASE for the good of the club leave, take Kronke & Hill-Wood with you. :kitty:
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AgentZ619 wrote: »
    Watching Arsenal play is like watching the Titanic sink :(.

Wenger PLEASE for the good of the club leave, take Kronke & Hill-Wood with you. :kitty:

It's Brian Clough all over again. I was there at his very last game for Forest when he got them relegated. Sentiment wouldn't let the club get rid of him either.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Edit, wrong thread:blush:
  • Options
    wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a loss Monreal being out has proved to be. This was not the game to play Chambers in the middle and Bellerin at RB. One too many changes in the back.

Wenger better buy a defender in January as it is costing us atm.

Are you taking thw piss about Monreal.
    He would not make a conference team.
    Complete shambles at the back today.
    Wenger to blame gotta buy quality defenders in Jan.
    Apart from the top two teams this is a shocking league this season
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wacky joe wrote: »
    Are you taking thw piss about Monreal.
    He would not make a conference team.
    Complete shambles at the back today.
    Wenger to blame gotta buy quality defenders in Jan.
    Apart from the top two teams this is a shocking league this season

And simply because it cannot be repeated often enough, thanks to Arsene, this squad is better paid than Chelsea.
  • Options
    angarrackangarrack Posts: 5,493
    Forum Member
    Interested to see what excuses Wenger recycles for today's defeat.

Well we do not have a good record at Stoke. But our minds were right. We played well but had a defensive lapse before we had got into our stride. It is always difficult to recover from such a setback early on. Our defence was not so good today and that is something we will have to work on. But we have a great spirit. Well yes we had a worry at half time and we needed to pump ourselves up for the second half. We played better in the second half and with an extra half hour we would certainly have won. But that is the game. You are not allowed extra time when you are playing well. It is unfair but you have to accept it.

Stoke? I do not want to talk too much about them. They are a hard side to beat but it is not for me to say why that is. They scored more? Yes but not attractive goals, mostly due to luck and defensive errors.

The Referee? I do not want to talk about the referee. He got practically every decision wrong, but it is not for me to judge.

The Pitch? I do not want to talk about the standard of some of the pitches in the Premier League. Especially this one. The fact that we never do well at Stoke speaks for itself.
  • Options
    GortGort Posts: 7,467
    Forum Member
    Congrats to Stoke. Don't want to say much more than that...
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sad thing is that Wenger brought some really good times to this club, but they are fading from memory. He really needed to leave after the FA Cup victory - on a high. Instead, he is going to leave on a very low, low.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    sotek wrote: »
    Still, it seems strange that only last week you were admitting our wage bill was far too high and we might as well get rid of squad players on high salaries who never play. Presumably therefore you see Diaby as an integral part of our first team going forward?

Madness.
    And I stand by that, but Diaby is not one of those problems. If he was fit he would be on the first team straight away. We may not see it but Wenger is a great manager and has the opportunity to work with his players so he will know more about this situation than us.

I was referring more to people that Wenger just simply does not use or liabilities. Don't forget the "if" part. Diaby is not guaranteed a contract.
    ustarion wrote: »
    The sad thing is that Wenger brought some really good times to this club, but they are fading from memory. He really needed to leave after the FA Cup victory - on a high. Instead, he is going to leave on a very low, low.

A real fan would not forget what he has done so easily. He's hardly ruined the club, if anything we will be in a very good position to spend when he leaves, and that is when the next manager spends a lot and gets the credit for all the hard work Wenger has endured.

No club is stupid enough to employ somebody for two decades if they were not performing in the interests of the organisation.
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2p wrote: »
    And I stand by that, but Diaby is not one of those problems. If he was fit he would be on the first team straight away. We may not see it but Wenger is a great manager and has the opportunity to work with his players so he will know more about this situation than us.

I was referring more to people that Wenger just simply does not use or liabilities. Don't forget the "if" part. Diaby is not guaranteed a contract.

A real fan would not forget what he has done so easily. He's hardly ruined the club, if anything we will be in a very good position to spend when he leaves, and that is when the next manager spends a lot and gets the credit for all the hard work Wenger has endured.

No club is stupid enough to employ somebody for two decades if they were not performing in the interests of the organisation.

In a nutshell.
    That is exactly what he is doing.
    Serving up the minimum of 4th place every year to keep the cash coffers rolling and trousering himself a hefty pay rise for it.
    That's not performing in the interests of the supporters though is it?
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Koscielny out probably, Chambers suspended, Gibbs dodgy, Monreal injured. Just who the hell is Wenger going to play (Flamini and....?) in the next match? Himself or Bould?
    Someone asked me if I wanted to go to the Newcastle game. I said no. I just feel demoralised and can't wait for the end of the Wenger Empire. Because it will end - and not well. Maybe we won't get top 4 and our only world class players will leave and The Wig will lose patience with AW not providing the usual revenue.
    Wenger will never walk away, admitting he can't fix it any longer, that's all I'm sure about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2p wrote: »

On the contrary - a real fan cares more about the club than it does about a manager who's well past his best!

He's had a good ride and been well paid for it - the fans don't owe him anything anymore.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Koscielny out probably, Chambers suspended, Gibbs dodgy, Monreal injured. Just who the hell is Wenger going to play (Flamini and....?) in the next match? Himself or Bould?
    Someone asked me if I wanted to go to the Newcastle game. I said no. I just feel demoralised and can't wait for the end of the Wenger Empire. Because it will end - and not well. Maybe we won't get top 4 and our only world class players will leave and The Wig will lose patience with AW not providing the usual revenue.
    Wenger will never walk away, admitting he can't fix it any longer, that's all I'm sure about.
    That's what comes with going into a 55-60 game season with two less defenders than most countries go to a 3-7 game world cup with.

Only takes one injury and one suspension and you're out of any defensive cover on the bench.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Good post.

My OH & son haven't been for a while either, they are just completely fed up. They can't even offload their tickets on me, that's how bad it's got :D
This discussion has been closed.