Options

Will you be voting tomorrow?

Comments

• Options
    Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Not voting as they are all the same and f**k up the country in their own messed up way why should I waste my time.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    The trouble is, I dont know who I want to vote for; only who NOT to vote for.

Also, I don't really understand what's going on. Something to do with rules that are made in Brussells having an impact on us (or not as the case may be)

I'm 32, is it bad not to understand?
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All done....
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone is going to win, if you don't care who that person is then by all means don't vote. I would then think you don't care about the policies that the EU implement or decisions that are made.

If you're angry at the system in some way then register that dissatisfaction by spoiling the paper - at least they get counted!

None of the parties represent me 100%, I just pick the one I think is the least damaging to the country.

it matters not who you vote for to be a MEP, they got no power and do not make the laws and rules. they are there so we think the Eu is democratic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted this morning. It was very quiet even though we have Local Council, Euro and the pointless mayor to decide.

i bet your pointless mayor is not as pointless as ours, all ours do is ride around in a expensive car, stick a chain around their neck and go around to different functions, or and have some sort of charity they want people to give to.

Time to either get rid of our Mayor or go for one that does something.
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    i bet your pointless mayor is not as pointless as ours, all ours do is ride around in a expensive car, stick a chain around their neck and go around to different functions, or and have some sort of charity they want people to give to.

My Town's Mayor is Fabulous am kinda sad his time is almost up , He has been asked to be our Town crier tho which will quite cool :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    Should make voting compulsory, if you don't vote then you get a fine.

Yes I'll be voting as I don't want the nasty Tories in.

You heard of freedom of choice? Anyway they can not force people to vote, they could force people to either go to a polling station or send a postal vote in, but they could nto force people to actually vote. Even in Australia they don't do that.

If they forced people here they would never cope, the system would break down, anyway it will not happen.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Voted <smug>
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,949
    Forum Member
    Just got back from voting; it was dead there, with very bored-looking clerks.
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is the poll closed? i got a postal vote as usual but i'm afraid i didn't use it. 1st time i've not voted since eligible to vote. next one will be scottish independence which i will be voting in.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    The trouble is, I dont know who I want to vote for; only who NOT to vote for.

Also, I don't really understand what's going on. Something to do with rules that are made in Brussells having an impact on us (or not as the case may be)

I'm 32, is it bad not to understand?

They need to teach politics as a subject in school and not just as a GCSE option. Maybe then, people would know where they stood a bit better so we don't have all this blind voting and people voting Labour just because my dad and my grandad always voted labour syndrome and people who vote according to class rather than by manifesto.

The reasons that so many people give for voting or not voting in this country are quite frankly unacceptable. We should all be more educated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I'm registered at home and in Sheffield where I study but as I'm home at the moment I've voted there. I'd be a pretty lousy uni Politics Student if I didn't! Badgered all my friends to vote as well and gave my housemates a crash course on each party and their policies before I left to come home the other day!
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I used to work in HR for our local government and our Mayor was on £55k a year all so he could ride round in a Bentley to turn up to open some event, stuff his face with free canopies and drink all courtesy of the tax payer. Then he'd ride back in his tax payers car running on tax payers petrol.
  • Options
    frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    it matters not who you vote for to be a MEP, they got no power and do not make the laws and rules. they are there so we think the Eu is democratic.

Eh? They get to vote in the EU parliament on policies alongside all the other MEPs. They don't wield ultimate power but they do have a vote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Been waiting all day for a gap in the weather and have just managed to go a vote about an hour ago.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    I'm going out now...... I may be gone some time.........

Cos I've never been to this polling station before and so have to find it first! :D
  • Options
    MsBehaviourMsBehaviour Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    I took the dog with me to vote. One of the officials didn't see her and leaped off his chair when she went under the table and thrust her snout in his crotch - the other two and a lone voter found it hilarious and it certainly cheered up the sombre polling portakabin.
  • Options
    pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is the poll closed? i got a postal vote as usual but i'm afraid i didn't use it. 1st time i've not voted since eligible to vote. next one will be scottish independence which i will be voting in.
    Polls are open till ten, as far as I know.
  • Options
    pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted and apparently it hadn't been quite as dead as expected, but still pretty dead. First time I've ever been to the polling station and there's been nobody outside canvassing! (Scotland here, so only European elections, not local.)

Kind of ambivalent about the results, because obviously UKIP are scum, but the better they do in England, the better the chances of Scots voting Yes in September.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put in my vote at about 6pm after work. My local polling station was quite busy, probably quite a few people like me coming after work (plus a few pensioners)
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    People should vote, If you don't agree with anybody, still go and vote , spoil the ballot paper, that will be your protest,
    You have been given the right to vote...use it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    I used to work in HR for our local government and our Mayor was on £55k a year all so he could ride round in a Bentley to turn up to open some event, stuff his face with free canopies and drink all courtesy of the tax payer. Then he'd ride back in his tax payers car running on tax payers petrol.

It don't surprise me to be honest, just seen something in our local paper about our mayor coming to the end of his time, what they should do now is get rid of this mayor thing.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Turns out my new polling station is literally just up the hill around the corner. Much closer than my old one at the old address.

I was contemplating the UKIP protest vote, but walking up the hill I kept thinking that voting for someone who wants to get out of Europe to became an EMP, is just too hypocritical.

So voted Labour as the only slightly lesser of all the evils.

Christ on a bike! That is the longest ballot paper I have ever seen. It was more like a strip of bog roll! Had to fold it several times just to get it in the slot! :D

Hardly had to fight my way in either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh? They get to vote in the EU parliament on policies alongside all the other MEPs. They don't wield ultimate power but they do have a vote.

a vote which is ignored most of the time and the non-elected commissioners still do what they want.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howardl wrote: »
    People should vote, If you don't agree with anybody, still go and vote , spoil the ballot paper, that will be your protest,
    You have been given the right to vote...use it.

I am not going to walk to the polling station just to spoil the paper. anyway i heard a few years back that it makes no difference if you spoil your paper or not, it still counts as a no vote and no one reads it anyway.

anyway, I see a big black cloud coming over, I think it is going piddle down again.