Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apples in polystyrene trays, wrapped with cling film!>:(
    What is the point?:confused:
    S*ins*urys DOESN'T do that and there is usually at least one badly bruised apple - though maybe I carried them home roughly
    Tesco DOES do that and I'm virtually guaranteed a perfect set of apples when I open it up. - though maybe I'm just getting lucky.

If I want a quality set of fruit I'ma gonna buy it from Tesco, even with it costing a 2hr round trip.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willowwolf wrote: »
    I'm going to 'loose' my mind, instead of lose. Seeing it drives me crazy.
    How about he drove 'passed' my house, sometime in the passed, or he 'past' me on the M-Way, or ect, instead of etc, frieind instead of friend?
    We could be here all day with these, or hear all day.

The 'lose/loose' and 'past/passed' thing annoys me as well. On a similar note seeing people type 'women' when they are talking about one female gets on my nerves, for example: "Claire is a strong women".
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who stop in traffic one car length behind the car in front.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »

My driving instructor (about the time when dinosaurs walked the Earth) told me it was good practice, as anyone coming up behind at speed and whopping you up the a*se wouldn't push you into the car in front.

Oh, and people who think the term is 'here here' rather than hear hear.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Random bad stomachs and random muscle jerking
  • Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »

See above the safety aspect of doing this. You should be able to see the car in fronts tyres and tarmac too.

Plus it's not like you will be getting where you are going any quicker. Still sat in the same queue.
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    People in the 10 items or less queue with a trollyfull of shopping.

White blokes born in Bromley talking in Jamaican patois.

BIB: If only they knew how stupid they sound.
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Motorhead @ Glastonbury.
    Mark Ronson @ Glastonbury. Aaaargh, the word is AT.

And just 'Glasto' is enough to set my teeth on edge.

Anything to do with Glastonbury sets my teeth on edge. When did it all turn into one huge glamping fashion statement? Look at me with my fringed handbag and designer wellies..... >:(>:(>:(

My trivial thing at the moment is people on ebay who don't read the description of the listing properly. My OH and I design and sell record sleeves and at the moment we are offering some of them in sets of 5. We ask the buyer to pick any 5 of their choice - simple you might think - all they have to do is message us and tell us what they want. We have customers from all points of the globe who have no trouble understanding this, yet one f**kwit in the UK can't get his head around it - he paid first then asked "How do I choose the ones I want?" We explained again in words of one syllable but he still doesn't get it and wants his money back - DUHH!!! Definitely one for the "blocked" list - or should that be blockhead?!

Sorry - rant over, I can't sleep so I'm more ratty than usual :)
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    S*ins*urys DOESN'T do that and there is usually at least one badly bruised apple - though maybe I carried them home roughly
    Tesco DOES do that and I'm virtually guaranteed a perfect set of apples when I open it up. - though maybe I'm just getting lucky.

If I want a quality set of fruit I'ma gonna buy it from Tesco, even with it costing a 2hr round trip.

Sainsbury's do stock those cartons of apples, same as every other supermarket. No need for your two-hour round trip!
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avatars and/or signatures on forums that are images and/or gifs of scantily clad women. It just seems a bit sad.
  • Options
    Scotty_WaldenScotty_Walden Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cosin wrote: »
    Still doesn't make it a pound shop every item for a pound

The 'item' is 2 drinks. Is it all that hard to understand? :confused:
  • Options
    CosinCosin Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'item' is 2 drinks. Is it all that hard to understand? :confused:

Yes, it's a pound shop. Traditionally every item for a pound, not two items for a pound. It would be an item if it was sellophaned, but it wasn't
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    People in the 10 items or less queue with a trollyfull of shopping.

White blokes born in Bromley talking in Jamaican patois.

PMSL.

Is it because I is............................................Ali G, Aii!:D
  • Options
    Scotty_WaldenScotty_Walden Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cosin wrote: »
    Yes, it's a pound shop. Traditionally every item for a pound, not two items for a pound. It would be an item if it was sellophaned, but it wasn't

It's a pound shop. You're paying a pound. You CAN buy a single drink for £1, they're just BOGOF.

They're not cellophaned as you get to mix and match the 2 drinks.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a Star Trek fan, I've watched the DS9 episode The Visitor several times over the years ...and I can't believe that each of those times I missed this...

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/4x03/thevisitor_108.jpg
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    First world problem

Yes, f*ck off you sanctimonious tw*t. I know kids kicking football on the road at 10pm is not on a par with land grabbing, crop failure and corrupt politics. If you're so 100 per cent focussed on third world problems why are you wasting your time and money posting on sites like this?
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    I'm a Star Trek fan, I've watched the DS9 episode The Visitor several times over the years ...and I can't believe that each of those times I missed this...

What are we looking at?
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

wampa1 wrote: »
    What are we looking at?

i'm so glad you've asked i've looked and looked and i haven't a clue..:blush:
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    What are we looking at?
    planets wrote: »
    i'm so glad you've asked i've looked and looked and i haven't a clue..:blush:

Won't mean much unless you're a Trek fan, but, that's Gates McFadden standing behind Kira. She played Crusher on TNG, but obviously managed to sneak in an uncredited appearance as an extra for this DS9 episode. Trivial, but annoying considering I've watched it a number of times and never noticed before.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Won't mean much unless you're a Trek fan, but, that's Gates McFadden standing behind Kira. She played Crusher on TNG, but obviously managed to sneak in an uncredited appearance as an extra for this DS9 episode. Trivial, but annoying considering I've watched it a number of times and never noticed before.

thanks i just thought oh that character is in this episode,,,,,:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it isn't : /
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Religion. I'm getting sick to death of these stupid people causing misery and killing in the name of a fantasy.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Radio stations that play the same few songs on a loop all day.
    Reminds me why I never turn the radio on.
    I can guarantee within the first hour of being at work I will hear that god awful ' I wanna take shots with some baaady' song and Taylor Swifts screechy ' baby I know we got BAAAAAD Bluuuuud', I'll hear them at least 3 times within the hour.

Horrible, horrible songs. I wanna pick up the work radio and throw it out the nearest window.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of radio shows, people who ring in and go "Can I please request that ubiquitous pop song that every station is playing all the time anyway?"
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Radio stations that play the same few songs on a loop all day.
    Reminds me why I never turn the radio on.
    I can guarantee within the first hour of being at work I will hear that god awful ' I wanna take shots with some baaady' song and Taylor Swifts screechy ' baby I know we got BAAAAAD Bluuuuud', I'll hear them at least 3 times within the hour.

Horrible, horrible songs. I wanna pick up the work radio and throw it out the nearest window.

And when the DJ says 'after the news, we'll be hearing from the Beach Boys' and you just KNOW it's going to be friggin' Good Vibrations. FGS, they did make lots of other records, you know, and Good Vibrations wasn't their best.
This discussion has been closed.