Mark Duggan ~ the guy shot by police

Comments

• Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Armi wrote: »
    Nasty bunch.

It's little wonder Duggan ended up the way he did.

Yup. That apple didn't fall far from the family tree.
  • Options
    Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..That was one unsavory "vigil" filled with all sorts of pond-life.
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting sick of hearing about mark duggan and his families quest for their pound of flesh from the police. My view is that mark duggan was in possession of a gun. No one who is law abiding needs to carry a gun only those with criminal intentions. The police in my opinion acted within the law. Though duggans family will see things differently. How long will it be before the family take a leaf out of the lawrence book and have a memorial where he fell.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    where is the fm anais32? they were very vocal in this here thread before the verdict. at least we now know for the future their posts are less than credible

Anais 32, like me and several others thought the jury would return an open verdict.

As far as I know, the only poster to think the jury would come up with an unlawful killing verdict was 1MJ1.
  • Options
    terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/mark-duggan-shooting-inquest-in-london-finally-starts.315096/page-39

Well the boys and girls on urban75 are displaying their usual hatred for the boys in blue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Anais 32, like me and several others thought the jury would return an open verdict.

As far as I know, the only poster to think the jury would come up with an unlawful killing verdict was 1MJ1.

Yes I did and I gave the reason for that, namely the difficulty the police was going to have to explain where the gun ended up and that it was going to be down to V53's testimony.

But I gave an explanation for where the gun ended up too. It was the same as the Jury found.

Basically it all came down to V53's evidence and none of us could see his behaviours / look into his eyes when he gave the evidence.
  • Options
    swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    1MJ1 wrote: »
    Some lunacy from the left:

How can you link the death of Duggan to jobs and decent wages in the area? There is a danger this chap is being made a hero.

Drug dealing doesn't pay was it used to.
  • Options
    PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terry45 wrote: »
    http://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/mark-duggan-shooting-inquest-in-london-finally-starts.315096/page-39

Well the boys and girls on urban75 are displaying their usual hatred for the boys in blue.

That looks like a fairly unpleasant place to hang out :(
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terry45 wrote: »

I got banned on there within hours. I hadn't realised just how Left-wing and totalitarian the place was.
  • Options
    Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    I don't recall reading or hearing any of duggans dysfunctional family condemning him for driving around with a gun on the way to kill someone!!!!! Obviously it was the fault of the police that made him do it!!!! (rolleyes) I think they're more concerned that he got caught doing it.

I hope the authorities don't listen to these stupid people wanting an inquiry about something that had a lawful outcome. It'll just be a waste of everyones time. If they hadn't had such an idiot as a relative they wouldn't be in this position. I hope they don't get any more publicity either.

I quote from

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25686732

' Mark Duggan's aunt, Carole Duggan, who said before the event she wanted "no more violence", addressed the crowd from the steps of the police station.

She said: "We have to remember Mark is not the first person to die at the hands of the police.

"There's been thousands more."

Where do they get their stats from ?

You would think a death while being arrested is a common event when its very rare.

they are blinded by the facts ' in their Head ' - I am sure if Adolf Hitler's relatives were still about they would claim ' he was such a nice kind boy '

Sure there has been occasions when the Police got it wrong - but on this occasion I believe they got it right.

I agree with you that they should not get any more publicity.
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Yes I did and I gave the reason for that, namely the difficulty the police was going to have to explain where the gun ended up and that it was going to be down to V53's testimony.

But I gave an explanation for where the gun ended up too. It was the same as the Jury found.

Basically it all came down to V53's evidence and none of us could see his behaviours / look into his eyes when he gave the evidence.

The BIB is key, I think. We were saying throughout that, although the transcripts gave us a pretty good idea as to how witnesses were coming across, it would have been a great help to have been able to see/hear them. I had expected an open verdict, but it does look as though V53 was even more credible in the flesh than on paper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..That was one unsavory "vigil" filled with all sorts of pond-life.

So just because you disagree with them, they default to "pond life" ?
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, their pond-life behaviour means they are referred to as pond-life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lammy didn't quite describe it as pond life but he came very close:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25702948

Oh dear... I don't think that will do him well in the next election.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The following is from the Sunday Mirror. Auntie Carol thinks its the 'over policing' that's the problem.

Carol said: “The more we people come together and support each other, maybe we can make a better life for our children, for all of those children who have to live in these communities that are over-policed, where they are not free.”

Family friend Stafford Scott – venting his anger at what the protesters claim is a police cover-up – said: “666 is the number of the beast.

“Turn it around and you get the police.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mark-duggan-linked-alleged-gangland-3013115#ixzz2qBVvS2OH
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I sort of feel sorry for David Lammy. I doubt we'll ever know his real thoughts on this, as he's having to try and find ways to please everyone.

Coming out and questioning the jury and the inquest is somewhat dangerous, but he also needs votes and has to be seen to represent the 'community'. He ends up seeming to contradict himself or sitting very firmly on the fence - but not attending the vigil was quite telling (and as suggested before, I guess he was told to stay away once it was known the usual suspects would hijack it).

Of course, most of the 'community' were probably quite happy with the verdict, but have remained quiet. And even those who may have other issues with the police, especially youths stopped regularly by the police, are probably capable of seeing the difference.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member

No they are pond life because they act thick and ignorant of the laws of this land and think that clubbing together as a mob issuing threats is the way to get that law no applied to them.

In this country, good or bad, justice is done in a court of law and 12 people making the final decision. That process has been done so why does this lot think that that is not good enough and they are still demanding justice for their gun totting thug of a son?

It's like the gypsies thinking that only laws they want to abuse apply to them.

It's good that they are not allowed to just bulldoze and bully their nonsense through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The following is from the Sunday Mirror. Auntie Carol thinks its the 'over policing' that's the problem.

Carol said: “The more we people come together and support each other, maybe we can make a better life for our children, for all of those children who have to live in these communities that are over-policed, where they are not free.”

Perhaps the pertinent question is why these "communities" are over policed.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member

Family friend Stafford Scott – venting his anger at what the protesters claim is a police cover-up – said: “666 is the number of the beast.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mark-duggan-linked-alleged-gangland-3013115#ixzz2qBVvS2OH
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Surely if they want a better life for their children then maybe teaching them that being mindless gun carrying thugs, would be the way to go. As if not, they are always going to have problems if they think they can pick and chose the laws that they will follow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jonmorris wrote: »
    I sort of feel sorry for David Lammy. I doubt we'll ever know his real thoughts on this, as he's having to try and find ways to please everyone.

Coming out and questioning the jury and the inquest is somewhat dangerous, but he also needs votes and has to be seen to represent the 'community'. He ends up seeming to contradict himself or sitting very firmly on the fence - but not attending the vigil was quite telling (and as suggested before, I guess he was told to stay away once it was known the usual suspects would hijack it).

Of course, most of the 'community' were probably quite happy with the verdict, but have remained quiet. And even those who may have other issues with the police, especially youths stopped regularly by the police, are probably capable of seeing the difference.

I expect that the ordinary, decent people in Tottenham are capable of reading and understanding articles like this

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/news/crime-court/mark_duggan_inquest_police_efforts_to_crush_the_tottenham_man_dem_tmd_gang_1_3187839

in their local paper.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    I expect that the ordinary, decent people in Tottenham are capable of reading and understanding articles like this

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/news/crime-court/mark_duggan_inquest_police_efforts_to_crush_the_tottenham_man_dem_tmd_gang_1_3187839

in their local paper.

According to that article, there is a gang called The London Fields Boys. Who would have thought that 'gangstas' were fans of Martin Amis?:confused:
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

If I was a criminal, I'd certainly agree with that.

With family friends like that, it's hardly surprising the Duggan family isn't exactly being guided toward level-headedness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, he simply said he would not be prepared to share a platform with anarchist groups.

That's not the same as the puerile phrase "pond life". Insults being the resort of those who have no other meaningful contribution to offer up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, he simply said he would not be prepared to share a platform with anarchist groups.

That's not the same as the puerile phrase "pond life". Insults being the resort of those who have no other meaningful contribution to offer up.

That almost describes the anarchists he was referring to :D
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »

If, as Lammy's said last week, 99% of 'the community' are decent law abiding people, why does he have to be careful, why not say what the 99% would (presumably) like him to say, taking the chance to try and 'redeem' or put straight some of the errant 1%?