Options

Mother shares bed with her boys aged 9 & 10 whilst husband sleeps alone

Comments

• Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    shmisk wrote: »
    wonder what the parents of Brayden and Kai's mates will be saying to their kids today?

No to any sleepovers at Brayden and Kai.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    housegirl wrote: »
    No to any sleepovers at Brayden and Kai.

No kidding. I doubt they will want to have sleepovers at friends houses either unless Mother can come along too.
  • Options
    day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds extremely unhealthy to me. If they don't grow up to be in some way damaged, I'll be stunned.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Social Services should be involved just because of those kids names. Brayden and Kai?! Ugh!!!! :D
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First mistake - calling your sons Brayden and Kai for God's sake. How chavvy ! Second mistake - not putting babies into their cots/beds in own bedrooms much earlier than 16 months, like at 3 months when they start sleeping through. Lazy mother who couldn't be arsed to leave her bedroom to feed her children in their own room so as not to disturb husband who should have been in bed beside her from the get go. Third mistake - husband putting up with the arrangement, which should be ended right now. Making a rod for their own backs, and another case of poor parenting.

I must admit, when I read that he is a train driver I could see how easy it was for this all to fall into place. Having been married to one myself I know what their shifts are like - they are rarely at home for 'regular' hours, so it's the Mum and the kids a lot. I can see how easy it would be for her to want to be in a different bedroom as him (I used to hate the 3am wake-ups when he was on an early shift or being woken up when he came in at 3am, if you have a child it's even more chaotic).

However, if she was avoiding having a disturbed night living with a shift-worker (and the kids being disturbed), it still doesn't mean her only alternative is to sleep in the same beds as her sons, another room would be more logical.

I find it decidedly odd that they see nothing strange about this at all, especially given their sons ages, and even odder that they would expose themselves to ridicule by telling it all to the press.

I don't think she's doing her kids any favours at all. I wonder how they will behave when it does become time to sleep alone.

Most other mums would be happy to have the kids in bed by 8:30/9:00 and some free time to read a book, watch some TV or do whatever for a couple of hours before heading off to bed or, if the husband is home that evening, spend some quality time together.
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I think Social Services should be involved just because of those kids names. Brayden and Kai?! Ugh!!!! :D

I agree this is a strange new underclass phenomenon

what the deal with the kids names beginning with K and J? and repeating vowels?

kaylee,keelee,kaiden, keeden jeeden jayden
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deary me. It must be painful reading from your lofty tower.

Kai has been around for a long time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kai_%28name%29
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Prioritising their happiness." :D Their friends are right; that's just a fancy way of saying spoiled them.

The fact she goes to bed with them indicates that there is some need for her to be present to help them sleep. That's not healthy. If she wanted to prioritise their happiness and wellbeing she should have helped them learn how to settle themselves in their own bed at a much younger age like most of us do. For their sakes.

It's by the by but, round here schools tend to take 10-11 year olds on residential school trips. Wonder how these boys would cope with that having this nighttime routine encouraged all this time. Agree, the parents have done them no favours in the long run.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus - those names offend my eyes!!!

I had my son in with us until he was about 2, although a few months after he went into his own bed / room we had another baby who now also sleeps in with us. Co sleeping is a common thing but not with older kids???

LOL at the poster who thinks babies start sleeping through at 3 months!!!! I wish.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How patronising .
  • Options
    Monkey TennisMonkey Tennis Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bitty.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's if they manage to find women. Why leave home at all when you get fed well, get your washing and your ironing done for you, and never have to lift a finger in the house? You can bet the mum does everything for the boys and they will never be taught how to be independent. When they start having relationships they will expect the girlfriend to clean the house, have dinner on the table etc.

Yes, they'll be completely helpless and will simply exchange one mother for another. :(
  • Options
    LurkalotLurkalot Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just knew the mother would be a porker with dyed hair before I clicked on the link, just knew it, those kids will have the piss ripped out of them next week at school.
  • Options
    TheGreatKatsbyTheGreatKatsby Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Lurkalot wrote: »
    I just knew the mother would be a porker with dyed hair before I clicked on the link, just knew it, those kids will have the piss ripped out of them next week at school.

She could at least have waited until the start of the summer holidays so they'd have a couple of months away from school before having to face everyone again!

How did she get the kids to pose for the photographs "You're going to be in the newspaper so everyone knows you both sleep in bed with me"..... Hmmmm...
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The name Kai is around in various countries and cultures and goes back as far as the ancient Greeks, Brayden with it's various spelling is an anceint Celctic name. So nothing strange or new or underclass about it at all.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-one else's business.

Correct.

So why on earth they went to the press about it, is absolutely baffling. Money I suppose? Hope it's worth it...
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the story is just not real? Like Ed Mibbiland and Chukky are not real and all a PR illusion.
    (sorry to get so deep)
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I really don't understand people who are happy to go to the media with the most banal crap about their family.
    Neither do i but it fills up the rubbish bins of the tabloid trash and gives folk like this pair their five minutes of fame...or infamy. God knows what their direct neighbours make of this publicity. Probably have sightseeing tourists driving up and down the road by now.

None of this is news and no one actually cares.
    No it's not, but it sells papers which is a sad reflection on society as a whole. The recent 'news' about a silly girl being 'offended' by a whistling builder hit the headlines, caused a storm, and pushed the news of the Nepal earthquake which killed over 8000 off the front page.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Neither do i but it fills up the rubbish bins of the tabloid trash and gives folk like this pair their five minutes of fame...or infamy. God knows what their direct neighbours make of this publicity. Probably have sightseeing tourists driving up and down the road by now.

No it's not, but it sells papers which is a sad reflection on society as a whole. The recent 'news' about a silly girl being 'offended' by a whistling builder hit the headlines, caused a storm, and pushed the news of the Nepal earthquake which killed over 8000 off the front page.

Hands poised for autographs, bus tours laid on, mobile chippy set up for refreshments, house plaque commissioned... could be a good little earner :) Lovely jubbly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have reached the Daily Mail online on the first page who are disgusted and outraged. Well done your family and friends must be so proud.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3084999/Mother-shares-bed-sons-aged-nine-10-leaves-father-room.html
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have reached the Daily Mail online on the first page who are disgusted and outraged. Well done your family and friends must be so proud.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3084999/Mother-shares-bed-sons-aged-nine-10-leaves-father-room.html

Who strings up bunting on their bed fgs?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Julie says: 'My boys are very close to me, which I love. I think a mother should have a close bond with her children'
    Judging by the size of the bed i'm hardly surprised either....they couldn't get much closer! :o

Looks as though she's positively enjoying them being on top of her. And then she says she aims to stop it by the time they are 12/13. Incest alert. :o
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging by the size of the bed i'm hardly surprised either....they couldn't get much closer! :o

Looks as though she's positively enjoying them being on top of her. And then she says she aims to stop it by the time they are 12/13. Incest alert. :o

I think most parents enjoy being physically close to their children :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    I think most parents enjoy being physically close to their children :confused:
    There is 'close' and then there is too close. This is the latter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The bed must be reinforced to take all that weight.