Options

EastEnders - The REALLY BIG Lucy Beale Discussion Thread (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    shanks909shanks909 Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Where's Cindy's baby bump?? Wouldn't she be something like 6 months gone??
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanks909 wrote: »
    Where's Cindy's baby bump?? Wouldn't she be something like 6 months gone??

Exactly....see what I mean??? She probably wasn't even pregnant in the first place!

She's jealous of Lucy and wants to belong. I think she kills her out of jealousy and I hope that her capture will lead to her exit cos I can't stand her. She is is cheeky and rude when really, the Beales don't owe her anything and are not responsible for her yet she's just landed on their doorstep and refuses point blank to leave! Awful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    I thought that was Derek Branning in the background in the second pic :blush::o

PMSL....awww look at little Bobby Beale......he just reminds me so much of Dougal in Father Ted! Lol....

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/father-ted/profiles/all/father-dougal

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I hope it's Terry Spraggan!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's Terry Spraggan!

What do you think his motive would be?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Noush wrote: »
    Sorry if a thread like this has already been started....but I have no idea and will just go with.....

CINDY

How about you? What do you think? :confused:

No problem.. hmm tricky one.. I think its to early to guess at the moment since we haven't yet seen the scenes.. but I think cindy is a very good theory I can see where that could lead.. that would be intresting! Ill have to get back 2you on who I think it is soon..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Noush wrote: »
    PMSL....awww look at little Bobby Beale......he just reminds me so much of Dougal in Father Ted! Lol....

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/father-ted/profiles/all/father-dougal

:D

Maybe that's what he wants you to think.. Maybe he killed Lucy! serial killer in the making
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sham22 wrote: »
    No problem.. hmm tricky one.. I think its to early to guess at the moment since we haven't yet seen the scenes.. but I think cindy is a very good theory I can see where that could lead.. that would be intresting! Ill have to get back 2you on who I think it is soon..

Okey doke sham.....come back soon.....;-)
  • Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    This storyline has similarities to the real-life case of Estate Agent Suzy Lamplugh, however, I think she disappeared and was never found. I think the premise of the story may be based around that, however, Lucy is clearly found dead.

If it is a case of what and not who killed Lucy Beale, I would have had her go to a property with unknown faulty gas heating to conduct a no-show viewing and have her die from carbon monoxide poisoning.

I would still have built up a suspected whodunnit with as many characters as possible, only for it to be eventually revealed that no actual person was responsible and that it was indeed what killed her rather than who.

Carbon monoxide posioning is also a serious issue and a timely reminder of the dangers would also have ticked another box in regard to the show dealing with topical and serious issues.

Rather than blatant sensationalism, which the show always opts for, a real-life issue that people tend to ignore could have been addressed whilst simultaneously involving the death of an iconic character.

Meanwhile, Carol's cancer storyline has been brilliantly written so far, and, unsurprisingly, is being perfectly portrayed by the magnificent Lindsey Coulson.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, still no official confirmation that she is murdered.

And no, The Radio Times does not count as it is no longer owned or published by the BBC.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I still don't think we should be pinning it all on 'murder'. A 'death' is the only thing we can be sure of.
  • Options
    c120701c120701 Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My guess is Nick Cotton. Maybe Lucy comes across him when looking at a property where he's been squatting/living and he kills her to keep his 'death' a secret. I also think that if this is revealed in the 30th Anniversary episode, what better reveal? It ties in with Nick having killed Reg Cox in episode 1 and also other than Phil, who would you class as Ian's nemesis more than Nick?
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blogspot...
    Radiotimes...

Please find the word 'murder' in a BBC press release and try again.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were others speculating it was murder as well as yourself but none of them are starting topics. :D
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapnut wrote: »
    This storyline has similarities to the real-life case of Estate Agent Suzy Lamplugh, however, I think she disappeared and was never found. I think the premise of the story may be based around that, however, Lucy is clearly found dead.

If it is a case of what and not who killed Lucy Beale, I would have had her go to a property with unknown faulty gas heating to conduct a no-show viewing and have her die from carbon monoxide poisoning.

I would still have built up a suspected whodunnit with as many characters as possible, only for it to be eventually revealed that no actual person was responsible and that it was indeed what killed her rather than who.

Carbon monoxide posioning is also a serious issue and a timely reminder of the dangers would also have ticked another box in regard to the show dealing with topical and serious issues.

Rather than blatant sensationalism, which the show always opts for, a real-life issue that people tend to ignore could have been addressed whilst simultaneously involving the death of an iconic character.

Meanwhile, Carol's cancer storyline has been brilliantly written so far, and, unsurprisingly, is being perfectly portrayed by the magnificent Lindsey Coulson.

I like your post but haven't they already had a carbon monoxide SL with Heather? And totally agree re the cancer SL and Lindsey Coulson, on this occasion EE have got it right, they did not with previous cancer SLs involving Peggy Mitchell and Tanya Branning.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just had a thought fly into my mind that maybe more than one person has a role in Lucy's death.

It's possible that more than person 'kills' her, or maybe one person kills her and someone witnesses it but chooses to keep quiet.

Or, someone accidentally kills her and another resident helps to move her body...

I just have a strange feeling that more than one character is going be actively involved in Lucy's demise...

Or, maybe no one kills her and it is a case of what kills Lucy Beale?

I agree, we've been told from the start that this isn't a traditional whodunit. And even though it has been looking traditional from the way they've been setting up these past couple of weeks, that means that there must be a few twists to come. The idea that more than one person plays a part in her death would tie in with that.

Maybe (and this is just to illustrate how it could work), someone has a blazing row with her and knocks her out, then flees. Then another person comes along, sees her out cold but still breathing, and murders her. Then the original person comes back out of guilt, sees that she's now dead, and drags her out to Walford Common to get her away from the scene of the crime.

You could then muddy the water even further if a witness sees what the first or second person has done but is either too afraid to speak out or wants to protect whoever they saw.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...Lucy's death.

Yeah, I know Danny isn't the most popular or exciting character in the world, but I still feel like Gary Lucy got a raw deal with his axing and underwhelming exit storyline.

With Lucy dying in mysterious circumstances, I think Danny would realistically be a suspect despite not having lived on the square for a few months. Whatever you think about the character, it would be a bit odd if the police were investigating all suspects and his name didn't crop up at some point. He wouldn't need to be found guilty, but he could come back to the square to defend himself to Lucy's family and maybe cause a bit of trouble for Johnny.

It would give Gary Lucy a sense of closure from the show, and would be a good bit of continuity. I just think it makes sense to bring him up for a week or so.
  • Options
    KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has been stated multiple times that not even the person responsible will know what happened so I have to wonder. What if she is "seen to" as it were by two or more people on that night, and the twist is none of them know that they were not the only ones to physically hurt Lucy, thus meaning there is confusion as to which person actually killed her
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't even remember him leaving....
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    I think there will be a twist, but will we all have to wait till next Feb. :D
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im going for Abi's dog as the culprit

Lucy will be hurrying to exit the property as one of the girls has come home early and she and Max have been up to no good in the bedroom, Lucy flings open the front door, not noticing the dog coming out with her, the dog gets over exciting about having some screen time and being let out that he accidently makes Lucy trip and tumble down the flight of stairs

Dog dunnit :D:D:D:p:D
  • Options
    writer_composerwriter_composer Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary Lucy's exit interview, it's more like a see you later than a goodbye

I've Always clung to these words, and knowing how intricately planned the LB storyline is with twists and turns - I definitely have a feeling Danny will return at some point later this year, when we're not expecting it, somehow linked to the events we'll see in the coming weeks
  • Options
    emzangel28emzangel28 Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Always a great start when the thread title isn't even spelt properly!
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emzangel28 wrote: »
    Always a great start when the thread title isn't even spelt properly!

I thought it was a new character called Lucy Murered
  • Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    Blogspot...
    Radiotimes...

Please find the word 'murder' in a BBC press release and try again.

I've disputed the murder theories too, but Hetti herself says 'Lucy's murder'. Straight from the horse's mouth. :confused: I don't know what to think now.

Hetti's interview:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/scoop/a562918/eastenders-hetti-bywater-on-lucys-death-show-exit-and-future-plans.html#~oANkvIFqno95SN#ixzz2yFFTcaLY
This discussion has been closed.