Options

Is it wrong to look at a woman's backside?

Comments

• Options
    Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Devon wrote: »
    Imo, it's probably fair to say, there are ways of looking. You could be very discreet about it, most people probably do that, but to brazenly stand there and gape is not the way to go.
    It's probably fair to say, we all window shop but there are ways of doing it without making others feel uncomfortable or even notice, come to that.

That brings up Alexander's warning to Chloe - a guy taking a peek at a girl walking by is one thing. Staring at her in the bedroom to catch bare skin while she's changing is entirely different, and it sounds like that's what Ken's been doing, too.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to feminists, yes

Not sensible ones ;-)
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mind yoy the 12 stone Nadia lost of her ass theres nothing there but very loose saggy skin yuuuuuuk
  • Options
    Kick_BoxerKick_Boxer Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    I don't agree with a lot of things Ken has said/done. But looking at womens backside? C'mon, if that was the other way round, an older woman looking at Callum's butt for instance, would the house mates react in the same way??? Clearly not!
  • Options
    David166David166 Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You wouldn't be human if you didn't! Man or woman....
  • Options
    DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No of course not.

There is of course a difference in a subtle glance and staring intently for hours from a proximity of a couple of millimetres though.

Using judgement is advised. ;)
  • Options
    Mastes1Mastes1 Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is annoying when you are on a night out in a club or something and there is a group of girls wearing pretty much a large belt and they see you looking and are like "what you looking at?", i'm like er yeah i suppose you wore that because it was warm outside right?.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jobielad wrote: »
    It's a fact of life men look at women bottoms and vice versa. The thing I don't get is these Page 3 models must realise that when they strip off and show their boobs etc men will look - they get paid for men to look at them!!!!. They must also realise some do more than look, surely they can't be that naive. They must also realise that if a cleavage or their butts show they may also be looked at or is it just me being non politically correct!:confused:
    Of course these girls realise that men look at photos of them, may even be wanking over photos of them... but they aren't walking into the bathroom and wanking in front of them.

Obviously it's not against the law to look at anything that happens to be in front of your eyes. I think anybody on here bar the extremely dense realises that context matters, the way you say something matters, the tone in which you say it matters, the fact that you're saying lots of other things too matters.

ETA: We all know Ken didn't just go and look at the girls, he made a thing of it, said he was going to go and do it, it made them uncomfortable. If he'd just gone in there quietly, watched, maybe even conversed, it would have been a very different situation.
  • Options
    Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    S_J1 wrote: »
    I am female and look at mens, I also like a good pair of shoulders and thighs on a man so look as well :) if I am with my friends, I nudge them and say mmmm fit etc I also do it when I watch a film, Brad Pitt, LLcooJ etc I appreciate nice features on people. I also comment if I think a woman has a nice body or is attractive etc. Doesn't make me a perv what so ever, suppose when you hit a certain age, your not allowed to appreciate and look. We don't half discriminate with age. To me, nothing wrong with it.

Did I miss hear tonight, did Alexander say to Chloe getting undressed and dressed infront of men, they will look? and he turns around as she is the same age as his daughter? know its nothing to do with the thread, just couldn't hear him clearly.

He got more to the point at the end - he was warning her that someone (or several someones) had been watching her change when she wasn't looking, but not naming names.
  • Options
    grazmangrazman Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If women didn't want men to look, why wear skimpy outfits and next to nothing when going out. Its like waving a creamcake in front of a starving man...

...well it is in my case anyway (cough)
  • Options
    scarpa1scarpa1 Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it not the saying you keep looking at them sort of the wrong part not actually the looking.

If i looked at a womans bum at work it would be fine.
    If i looked at a womans bum at work and then went and told her I was looking at it , well it may make the woman uncomfortable.
  • Options
    BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    Tbh I don't think highly of women who have everything on display and then get outraged when men have a look. YES, they have the rightful dress how they like, but men also have the right to look where they like!
  • Options
    Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    There's nothing wrong with looking but talking about it like you were weighing up the various merits of slabs of meat on a butcher's counter is probably not going to win you any friends amongst the owners of the said bums.

Ken's problem is that he's charmless. If he said it with a witty quip, a twinkle in his eye and a cheeky grin he'd probably get away with it. But he just comes across like a surly perv.
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,036
    Forum Member
    No!!

Not unless they include Nadias arse as a good one ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    They have competitions in it - I believe Carol Voderman is the present "Rear of the Year" and a worthy winner to (and for the 2nd time - well done Carol)
  • Options
    WarpWarp Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put it this way you don't go out of your way and announce it to everyone you're going to the bathroom to perve on women that could be your grand daughters.
  • Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    Diabolus wrote: »
    No of course not.

There is of course a difference in a subtle glance and staring intently for hours from a proximity of a couple of millimetres though.

Using judgement is advised. ;)

So your saying bringing a packed lunch and sitting outside my local gym and perving at the women was too much.? :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He got more to the point at the end - he was warning her that someone (or several someones) had been watching her change when she wasn't looking, but not naming names.
    Thank you :)

well no offence to her, if she is doing it infront of people she hardly knows, they are bound to look lol if you don't want people looking, don't do it lol. we all look at each other,I know I do :D
  • Options
    grazmangrazman Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So your saying bringing a packed lunch and sitting outside my local gym and perving at the women was too much.? :(

No that's fine. I do it all the time, just make sure they don't see the camera tho.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warp wrote: »
    Put it this way you don't go out of your way and announce it to everyone you're going to the bathroom to perve on women that could be your grand daughters.

He didn't go in and do it though did he? I took it that he was winding them up. I thought he was in the bathroom first, then went into the kitchen and said it. Hope I haven't viewed it back to front :o:o
  • Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    grazman wrote: »
    No that's fine. I do it all the time, just make sure they don't see the camera tho.

Oh that's no problem, I've got one of those spycam thingy's hidden in my bag. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scarpa1 wrote: »
    Is it not the saying you keep looking at them sort of the wrong part not actually the looking.

If i looked at a womans bum at work it would be fine.
    If i looked at a womans bum at work and then went and told her I was looking at it , well it may make the woman uncomfortable.
    Exactly.

I feel some people are being deliberately obtuse. Mind you, I feel I've had this conversation 17 times today, it wears after a while :D
  • Options
    dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Not sensible ones ;-)

There is no such thing

The women in there have decided that Ken isn't young or attractive enough to be attracted to their arses so they are 'so super offended, call the police'. I suppose when the likes of Chloe & Cami are taking their clothes of for the lads mags once they are out, they will specify that they are only to be sold to people under the age of 40
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Nadia called the police over all the media coverage over a certain royal bridesmaid. The moral of tonight's episode is look by all means but don't admit it, especially to Nadia and the housemates who agreed with her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahaha :D It was offering them a bite of you cracker that was over the top :D