Options

Dave to repeat Peep Show from the beginning

BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,690
Forum Member
Just a heads up more than anything else. Dave have won the repeat rights to Channel 4's Peep Show and will be airing the series from the very beginning starting next month. The first episode airs on Wednesday 13th October at 9:40pm and continues every week in that slot:
SITCOM: Peep Show
On: Dave (19)
Date: Wednesday 13th October 2010 (starting in 15 days)
Time: 21:40 to 22:15 (35 minutes long)

New. Edgy sitcom about two socially dysfunctional flatmates, starring comedy partners David Mitchell and Robert Webb. Mark attempts to seduce the divorcee next door.
(New, Widescreen, 2003, 15, 4 Star)

Starring: David Mitchell, Elizabeth Marmur, Robert Webb

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marked By: 'New Comedies and Sitcoms' and 'Category: Sitcom' markers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=87587

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
Recommended by me. Mitchell & Webb's finest work. Much better than their sketch show!

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'm a big fan of Mitchell and Webb but have never watched peep show. I might actually get around to watching it, although I doubt it will be at 9:40pm. Will have to check out the repeat schedules.

I wonder if Dave have cut anything. It being on at 9:40pm indicates that it will be a 40 minute slot, so that gives room for the full episode but Dave did the same for Spaced and still made cuts and were inundated with complaints, even from the shows writers and Dave had to apologies and the rest of the series was shown uncut in a 30 minute slot.
  • Options
    big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that all the episodes of Peep Show are available on 4OD. They certainly used to be anyway. For anyone who wants to watch from the start without being tied to Dave's schedule. Also, they are full length and most of them contain no ad breaks.
  • Options
    Skip_TechSkip_Tech Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    please watch them if you have never

I am jealous of anyone who has not
  • Options
    CrimsonmonCrimsonmon Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to them showing it? (And all the other stuff that was new to the channel on on Wednesdays)

Tonight they're showing all the same panel-shows as always, as well as next week, and the website just says "The series is currently off-air." They didn't even get to finishing the first series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Were the ratings that bad?

I do know that recently Good Food (UKTV Food) have done an annoying thing where they have shown half a new series then stopped.

I don't know if it was to judge the ratings or to stagger the series to get a longer life out of them.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,690
    Forum Member
    Looks like Dave have pulled the plug, very probably due to low ratings.

Oh well. If it's any consolation, Series 7 comes to Channel 4 on Friday 26th November at 10pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Were the ratings that bad?

I do know that recently Good Food (UKTV Food) have done an annoying thing where they have shown half a new series then stopped.

I don't know if it was to judge the ratings or to stagger the series to get a longer life out of them.
    Should have stated that they showed the remainder of the series a few weeks later.

As I say, not sure it was to just spead out the series or to judge ratings.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    I'd never seen Peep Show from the start so started watching it and was looking forward to this - bah :(
    Are they still showing Armstrong and Miller?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well. If it's any consolation, Series 7 comes to Channel 4 on Friday 26th November at 10pm

Hooray something to look forward to in between all
    the Xmas specials during December
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of Mitchell and Webb but have never watched peep show. I might actually get around to watching it, although I doubt it will be at 9:40pm. Will have to check out the repeat schedules.

I wonder if Dave have cut anything. It being on at 9:40pm indicates that it will be a 40 minute slot, so that gives room for the full episode but Dave did the same for Spaced and still made cuts and were inundated with complaints, even from the shows writers and Dave had to apologies and the rest of the series was shown uncut in a 30 minute slot.

Your a big fan of Mitchell & Webb but haven't seen Peep Show

:eek:

Do it now!, 1000's time better than that awful show on BBC2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Looks like Dave have pulled the plug, very probably due to low ratings.

Oh well. If it's any consolation, Series 7 comes to Channel 4 on Friday 26th November at 10pm.

Low ratings on Dave?, I'm amazed that it did worse than the rest of the over-repeated Panel shows that they base their schedule on

It's a crazy world

Dave have actually bought 5 seasons of Peep Show by the way
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    I love Mitchell and Webb but hadnt seen Peep Show before so was interested in Dave showing it. IIt was a good show and I enjoyed it :D
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole box set (series 1-6) is in HMV for £25.

I hear nothing but good things about Peep Show... may pick the set up...
  • Options
    slipstream42slipstream42 Posts: 2,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive watched it from the start when it aired on channel 4 in 2003 with the 1st series I have always loved the show. Only thing is though from series 2 onwards the DVD's dont play in any dvd player due to ripguard! which in essence is supposed to stop people pirating the disks but they have gone too overboard about it which means most people may not be able to play it on their players so be careful when buying.
  • Options
    DiegoJusticiaDiegoJusticia Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Check it out on SeeSaw(.com) - series 1 to 4 on there at present... ;)
  • Options
    big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it not on 4OD anymore? As my previous post, up above somewhere, they certainly used to be on 4OD. In fact, I watched all series from start to finish about a year and a half ago. Anyone who hasn't seen it, must!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Is it not on 4OD anymore?

All series seem to be on 4OD online. On the VM TV Choice platform there's only series 5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I watched the first episode and wasn't really taken with it. Unfortunately it was on at the wrong time so I didn't get into the habbit of watching it.

Maybe Dave will repeat it at some point and i'll give it another go.
  • Options
    RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A member representing UKTV posted this
    UKTV wrote: »
    Unfortunately due to performance reasons, we had to remove some shows from the schedule however Peep Show will be repeated in full in early 2011.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A member representing UKTV posted this

"Performance reasons"?

That a new one !, what the hell is that meant to actually mean? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ratings
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i.e. endless repeats of QI and Mock The Week do better for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They have the perfect telly for background or 30-40 minutes of spare time. You just tune in while having your tea or waiting for another show and catch a program or half of it.

You don't really have to plan to watch it and that may have been a problem for introducing new shows that are different to MtW, QI, HIGNFY and TG.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ratings

Does well on C4.

I'd not watch it on Dave reason being they would probably mess with when the adbreaks are and not show it in the correct 16:9 ratio and no HD.

E4 should repeat it all it's more suited to this channel.