Options

Connect TV help

ccb2011ccb2011 Posts: 335
Forum Member
Hi I'm having trouble setting up Connect TV on my TV - posted the full wording on my blog, simply because I can add pictures and show how I've been trying to connect it www.sportonfreeviewuk.wordpress.com

The link above has pictures which shows me trying to get it working - if you can reply via the page with any advice, that would be great!

Comments

• Options
    Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies if I've missed something but I can't locate much detail about what you have tried and what happened on your link.

1) Check that the TV is connected to the router and can get to the internet by using one of the TV's apps e.g. iPlayer.

2) Check that your router's firewall settings are not blocking the streaming.

3) Although these are internet channels at least some TV/set-top boxes rely on something from the aerial in the initial process. It may be that your TV is like my TV and set-top box and needs reasonable aerial reception to kick off the intenet connection process.
    For example Motors TV relies on you being able to receive channels from multiplex COM5. COM5 also includes Dave. Check whether you have reception problems with Dave.
    For example CCTV relies on you being able to receive channels from multiplex COM6. COM6 also includes ITV4. Check whether you have reception problems with ITV4.

4) Some of the internet channels listed are not currently active. E.g. Connect 1, Connect 2, Connect 4.

5) Not all TVs that can access the other available internet channels can access VuTV.
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    note that "smart tvs" will have functionality that "worked when they were sold", but not necessarily in future, or any new services that come along ......

..... a recent complaint is that "bbc radio player" no longer works on many smart tvs .........

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1965044

...... not really the BBCs fault! a good tip is to use "separate boxes" for Internet streaming services, as these are more likely to be software updateable than smart tvs ........
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree, where technology is fast moving it's not too clever to have it all built in. The parts effected may be made obsolete 6 months down the line. The situation can be made worse if you buy the smart TV (or other smart enabled device like a smart bluray player) just before it is replaced by a newer model.
  • Options
    pmbondpmbond Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started a thread a month or two ago as my LG tv had stopped working with the connect channels such as motors. I get the same messages as you and my screen stays blank, sometimes the tv switches itself off and then back on as well. Don't know why though.