Options

International Cricket 2014

Comments

• Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Telegraph this morning suggested Foster would be picked if Prior didn't make it.

If we're going on pure keeping abilities then he'd be first choice every time, but I've never been convinced by his batting.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    The Telegraph this morning suggested Foster would be picked if Prior didn't make it.

If we're going on pure keeping abilities then he'd be first choice every time, but I've never been convinced by his batting.

yeah cant remember who it was but he was saying that if prior doesn't make it the likely pecking order is foster>kieswetter>buttler

was just surprised kieswetter was being mentioned at all really
  • Options
    Clarkie66Clarkie66 Posts: 5,892
    Forum Member
    It's nice to see the young Indian players being the stars so far for Punjab in the final rather than the big names from abroad. I hope they can keep it up :)
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clarkie66 wrote: »
    It's nice to see the young Indian players being the stars so far for Punjab in the final rather than the big names from abroad. I hope they can keep it up :)

Maxwell only just coming in now in the 18th over

Strauss got over there quickly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxwell out first ball

Young keeper/batsman Saha, who has just got his first International call up, is 104* at a S/R of 204 !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrific chase by KKR with another young indian player, Manish Pandey, leading the way with 96 off 48

21 needed off the last 19 balls with 4 wickets left
  • Options
    Clarkie66Clarkie66 Posts: 5,892
    Forum Member
    6 off MJ. Kolkata have to be the favourites now. George Bailey (calm looking and smiley even when losing) and Gautum Gambir (always tense looking) must be as different as captains can possibly be!
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    KKR win it
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    yeah cant remember who it was but he was saying that if prior doesn't make it the likely pecking order is foster>kieswetter>buttler

was just surprised kieswetter was being mentioned at all really

Yeah I agree, seems to have fallen off the radar since being dropped and hasn't been piling runs on for Somerset. Bit surprised Bairstow hasn't been mentioned much seeing as he was the man in possession at the end of the winter.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    ... kieswetter is in front of buttler for the test spot , really cant understand that , its not like kieswetter is any great shakes with the gloves and I know which one of the two I would trust more with the bat
    Priors early season century says any other choice will be 'lesser batsman, lesser wicket keeper'.

Good bowling from Broad got Prior out today so he is fit again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Priors early season century says any other choice will be 'lesser batsman, lesser wicket keeper'.

Good bowling from Broad got Prior out today so he is fit again

and I wasn't questioning prior's spot , I know he was dropped in Australia but hes still best option we have if hes 100% fit imo

my post was all about who should replace him if he was not deemed fit

yes he got an early season century but he hasn't played for 7-8 weeks since then due to injury problems and there was a doubt whether he was going to make it for next week
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling he played the 1 county match, got a century, got injured and now it is his first match back.

But for the fact that we currently have no outstanding alternative I would not pick Prior.
    It is safe to assume he simply had awful travel sickness like the rest of the England squad.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in London this afternoon and I did the tour of Lord's. Very interesting hearing about the history of the ground and to get to see the Ashes urn up close. The view of the ground from the media centre is impressive, as was the long room.

Off to Edgbaston tomorrow to watch the final ODI. The latest forecast indicates a potential late start with light showers at 2pm, a dry period in the late afternoon with an increased chance of rain in the evening. Best to bowl first as D/L could well decide the series.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone in Brum ?.......is it raining ?

Raining in London and across the south
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Anyone in Brum ?.......is it raining ?

Raining in London and across the south

Not at the moment it isn't, but looking at the latest forecast showers are possible this afternoon and evening. I will be surprised if we get a full game in. A good chance of enough overs being bowled for a result though.

Fingers crossed for a close and exciting game, with an England series win.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    senanayake plays today

not sure how the umpires can report him for a dodgy action but not call him for no-balls if they think he is chucking

my issue with the testing process is that how does it replicate actual game conditions , it must be easy for players to limit their actions in the testing environment to make sure they stay within the rules

just because a bowler can bowl within the 15 degree limit on occasions doesn't mean they are going to bowl every delivery within that limit especially when they know what they are allowed to do in advance. it would be like saying to someone to run 100m in a certain time and not do it faster than the target , all they need to do is run a bit slower than they are capable of to make sure they are ok.
  • Options
    dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    England win the toss and bat

Spreads calling the runs at 260 - 270

Seems about right to me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »

Seems about right to me

The Sky WASP has gone for 265.........I rest my case:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some different tactics from England

They have taken the batting Powerplay at the start of the 11th over with the score at 46/0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    76/1 with Bell out off the last ball of the Powerplay

30/1 scored off those 5 overs
  • Options
    BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member

Seems about right to me

If it wasn't England, I would be going higher.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bhaveshgor wrote: »
    If it wasn't England, I would be going higher.

Maybe, but I think with the slow outfield after yesterday's deluge , this score will be worth about 20 more
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some different tactics from England

They have taken the batting Powerplay at the start of the 11th over with the score at 46/0

........but only scored one boundary during the five overs........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 gentle caught and bowleds with the ball stopping in the pitch.

With England getting off to the good solid start they did, I thought they may have tinkered with the batting order and brought the right handed Root up to 3 so that there weren't 2 left handers in
This discussion has been closed.