Options

Ian Watkins jailed for 35 years (merged)

1383940414244»

Comments

• Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    Just been on the news that this vile piece of work, is applying for leave to appeal against his 35 year sentence.

I hope they increase his sentence to life without possibility of parole.

I have to be honest when I saw this piece of scums picture pop up on the news last night I was hoping it was due to him having an 'unfortunate' accident.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is yet to be granted leave to appeal. I doubt he will get it. I wonder on what grounds.? The length of sentence possibly.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been on the news that this vile piece of work, is applying for leave to appeal against his 35 year sentence.

I hope they increase his sentence to life without possibility of parole.

Agree entirely. We should be like the US where he gets a mandatory life sentence plus 1,000 years.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JI hope they increase his sentence to life without possibility of parole.
    I'm pretty sure that isn't an option, he got more or less the longest sentence he could be given under current law.
    Unless new evidence emerges i think you'd be right on that.

I'd be surprised if they reduce his sentence - he pleaded guilty after all.
    A guilty plea can in some cases lead to a reduced sentence rather than an increase. His legal team will simply be going through the process of appeal but the sentence will almost certainly remain.
    Agree entirely. We should be like the US where he gets a mandatory life sentence plus 1,000 years.
    I'd rather we don't.

UK is under way too much American influence already. When America barks, obedient little UK wags it's tail and follows. Huge sentences with years way beyond common sense logic is reflective of the American psyche of size meaning everything. A way of stating to the World that 'we have everything bigger, longer, and better than any other country'.
This discussion has been closed.