Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XX (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i will now be rooting lesnar on just to see streak end because wwe probably never will.

but bray............hes the new phenom.

Lesnar is 60/1 to win according to f4wonline.com, though I dunno what bookie they're using. HHH is apparently 1500/1 to win the title.

I wonder if Vince ever considers letting a long shot win, just to screw with people? ;-)
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Who else misses midcard title feuds? I'm having trouble the last time there was a proper midcard feud for the IC or US Title, not just facing someone cos they won a No.1 Contenders Match, or an authority figure just goes 'You haven't defended in a long time, you're defending against *Wrestler X* tonight!' (although that's mainly for Ambrose)

Give me a reason to care about a title defence!

meeeeeeeeee

i remember the IC title was my fav when i was a kid, fueds like razor/goldust , hbk/razor and rock/austin live long in the memory. and matches like hbk/hhh and bret vs anyone were amazing.

whats weird is that so many IWC memebers love bookers who dont concentrate on midcard

go figure! LOLtastic, Litterally LOLing over here!............................:(
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    meeeeeeeeee

i remember the IC title was my fav when i was a kid, fueds like razor/goldust , hbk/razor and rock/austin live long in the memory. and matches like hbk/hhh and bret vs anyone were amazing.

1995 was a year which had some great IC title matches involving Razor, Jarrett and HBK.
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Lesnar is 60/1 to win according to f4wonline.com, though I dunno what bookie they're using. HHH is apparently 1500/1 to win the title.

I wonder if Vince ever considers letting a long shot win, just to screw with people? ;-)

Only 20-1 over here Trips..Bryan looking like the champ then:D
  • Options
    DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Bryan's winning the Title at Mania.

WWE are stupid/pigheaded at times, but I don't think they're that stupid/pigheaded to shaft the fans this time.

Mania finishing with 70,000 plus doing the yes chant is the ultimate visual.
  • Options
    PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    Mania finishing with 70,000 plus doing the yes chant is the ultimate visual.

The ultimate visual is HHH winning and the crowd going ape shit and invading the ring and HHH pedigree's everyone including whedon247's old neighbour.

Then the Ultimate Warrior's music hits and he clears house! :cool:
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Who else misses midcard title feuds? I'm having trouble the last time there was a proper midcard feud for the IC or US Title, not just facing someone cos they won a No.1 Contenders Match, or an authority figure just goes 'You haven't defended in a long time, you're defending against *Wrestler X* tonight!' (although that's mainly for Ambrose)

Give me a reason to care about a title defence!

WWE Vintage was showing the Shawn vs Razor ladder match at Mania 10. Amazing match and it shows just how important the IC title used to be that it was the belt they went with to debut the ladder match gimmick.

There's a load of guys floating around midcard doing nothing and with loads of filler on Raw and no chance of them moving up the card with only one world title, it makes perfect sense to focus on the US and IC belts. The writers seem to lazy for it though.
    The ultimate visual is HHH winning and the crowd going ape shit and invading the ring and HHH pedigree's everyone including whedon247's old neighbour.

Then the Ultimate Warrior's music hits and he clears house! :cool:

I just hope Papa Shango doesn't miss his cue this time.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,029
    Forum Member
    It looks like Main Event will begin to air exclusively on the network. It's been removed from ION Television's schedule after next weeks episode.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WM 10 - The ppv ends with other wrestlers celebrating with Bret Hart
    WM 20 - The ppv ends with Eddie Gurrero & Chris Benoit celebrating in the Ring

Do you think we will see a similar thing happen to end WM30 this year?
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,478
    Forum Member
    gerry d wrote: »
    WM 10 - The ppv ends with other wrestlers celebrating with Bret Hart
    WM 20 - The ppv ends with Eddie Gurrero & Chris Benoit celebrating in the Ring

Do you think we will see a similar thing happen to end WM30 this year?

Hopefully it won't end with HHH celebrating in the ring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it won't end with HHH celebrating in the ring.

The last couple of times they've booked that end (HHH vs Y2J, HHH vs Orton) for Mania the post match camera pan around has been painful. People were walking out during HHH's entrance to face Jericho because the storyline had been so poorly handled nobody had an interest or confidence in the match.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've always quite liked Trip, I wouldn't mind another short run as champion.

For the sanity of the majority however, yes Bryan should win
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Anyone think Triple H v DB could go to a no finish/double DQ and both go into the main event and Bryan actually makes Trip tap to win the title?
  • Options
    stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member

If and only if Triple H was booked to continue playing as good as a heel as he has been these last two weeks then I am all for him winning at WM30.

Him and Steph are finally playing the heels roles to perfection but lets not forget for months on end they would chop and change from being heels to face all the time (more times than Big Show) even changing in one show depending on who they were working with. It was not working at all like that, you have to be one or other. Heel Triple H is awesome

That is what would worry me and why it would be a bad idea for him to as creative only seem to be able to do one or two great shows every month or two now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That would be the greatest thing ever and then Batista stands over each and every one of them and tells them to 'deal with it' :D

I'd love to see a HHH win, but I don't see anything other than a Daniel Bryan raising the title to close the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last couple of times they've booked that end (HHH vs Y2J, HHH vs Orton) for Mania the post match camera pan around has been painful. People were walking out during HHH's entrance to face Jericho because the storyline had been so poorly handled nobody had an interest or confidence in the match.

That was also down to WWE/HHH stubbornness over the title going on last. Hogan vs Rock was the true main event of WM 18 and the crowd was burned out by the time the last match came around. Similarly, while WM25 was a stinker, Shawn and Taker stole the show by a million miles and nothing was ever going to be able to follow that. Of course, it didn't help that the match with Orton was crap or that the feud with Jericho was built terribly.
    cris182 wrote: »
    Anyone think Triple H v DB could go to a no finish/double DQ and both go into the main event and Bryan actually makes Trip tap to win the title?

I was thinking that too. Bryan going over HHH to actually get the belt is the perfect way to cap the story and would continue the uncertainty about whether HHH would win the title throughout the show. It also protects Batista from taking the pin so he can be Bryan's first defence.
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I normally agree with you Hollie but not on that first part. Especially because if HHH did decide to win the title then it probably wouldn't be a short run. This is HHH we're talking about. :D

I'm still not a fan of his but I can bare him much more as a heel - he seems arrogant as hell generally so works as a heel.
    His face run between 2006 and 2013 really irritate me irritating - particularly given how much of a smart-ass (and unlikable because of it) he seemed. I kept wondering why WWE expected me to like him.

I still prefer Stephanie of the power couple though - she has all my favourite heel mannerisms down to a tee.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    I normally agree with you Hollie but not on that first part. Especially because if HHH did decide to win the title then it probably wouldn't be a short run. This is HHH we're talking about. :D

I'm still not a fan of his but I can bare him much more as a heel - he seems arrogant as hell generally so works as a heel.
    His face run between 2006 and 2013 really irritate me irritating - particularly given how much of a smart-ass (and unlikable because of it) he seemed. I kept wondering why WWE expected me to like him.

I still prefer Stephanie of the power couple though - she has all my favourite heel mannerisms down to a tee.

Part of it was just me being a little naughty lol. I wouldn't mind it but I don't particularly want it, I want Orton to pick up the win personally out of the four people it could happen to. The outrage would just make it a little bit justifiable, and funny for me.

Steph is, and has pretty much always been, the strongest of the two on the mic and her mannerisms for me. I love me some Trip but Steph takes the top spot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephanie has always been the strongest on the mic? I know it took HHH a little while to grow into his role as top heel in late 1999 but does no one remember how horrendous Stephanie' s voice and acting used to be? She's improved by miles but herdodgy aacting still creeps up now and again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    Stephanie has always been the strongest on the mic? I know it took HHH a little while to grow into his role as top heel in late 1999 but does no one remember how horrendous Stephanie' s voice and acting used to be? She's improved by miles but herdodgy aacting still creeps up now and again.

Just for me, from when they first started working together. I probably should have made that a bit clearer. I don't like Trip's voice, it's strange.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone mention Brock's voice going stupidly high when he said, "let's do this!"?
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slight spoiler if you're into this kind of stuff.

You know WrestleMania is near when.... http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/WrestleMania-30-Set-photo-598x350.jpg

:D
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,907
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Anyone mention Brock's voice going stupidly high when he said, "let's do this!"?

I rewound that about 5 times, LOL!

LETS DO THIEIEIEIIIIS!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member

He makes a good Godzilla though. :D

That's some scary ass shit! :o
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

ahhahah i loved that, lesnar is always messing up tough man stuff.

i also would have love another HHH title reign, wont happen at mania 30 though.

what do you guys think running order will be?

i guess

Andre giant battle royal to kick off show
    shield vs kane/nao
    bryan vs hhh
    tag title 4 way
    taker/lesnar
    womens title match
    triple threat title match

if a heel is to win title that will swap with taker/lesnar as main event

they really need to add one more match, 7 is not enough.
This discussion has been closed.