Options

Kerry, Jade and Jordan

Comments

• Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    How come some celebs' fans get slagged off on here? Just cos you like someone others don't, it doesn't mean you're a fruitcake or a chav or a cretin. That's just cheap calling the fans that and it's all starting to get on my bits now.

Yeah, sorry.

I'd be pissed off if I was slagged off and called a...a...a..."something" for liking BritBrit as much as I do, but IMO, with people like Kerry, Jade and Jordan, I honestly do think her vast majority of her 'fans' are chavs. :o

Being slagged off on DS is also the reason I never post in the X Factor Forum. Not that there was ANYONE worthy of putting myself out there for this year. Maybe apart from Ruth... I couldn't stand it if I were to openly support her for example and some idiot supporter of the clearly-not-nearly-as-talented-as-Ruth-or-anyone-EVER Eggnog fan gave me shiz.

No thanks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    baldbilluk wrote: »
    Oh Behave!!! We all know that Katona can sing - she was in a VERY successful girl band, so she can sing and can we remeber that KP (when she was Jordan) was just "pipped"
    at the post with her Eurovision Contest entry (forgot its title) with her pink plastic cat-suit, how dare you mock them and do not forget Jade Goody gave a BRILLIANT performance in Stars in Their Eyes. Nuff said!!!!!

If you were really a fan of the "VERY successful" girlband Atomic Kitten, you'd know that Kerry only got the job for her personality. She was loud, liked pulling faces, and could do their dance routines. Singing was nothing to do with it.

I thought everyone knew that. She always says it!

...Riiight, I've just read the rest of your post. You seem to think the other two can sing also.

Oh how I wish you were joking! We'd get on so well because what you've said is hilarious! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, sorry.

I'd be pissed off if I was slagged off and called a...a...a..."something" for liking BritBrit as much as I do, but IMO, with people like Kerry, Jade and Jordan, I honestly do think her vast majority of her 'fans' are chavs. :o

Being slagged off on DS is also the reason I never post in the X Factor Forum. Not that there was ANYONE worthy of putting myself out there for this year. Maybe apart from Ruth... I couldn't stand it if I were to openly support her for example and some idiot supporter of the clearly-not-nearly-as-talented-as-Ruth-or-anyone-EVER Eggnog fan gave me shiz.

No thanks!

True, I'm not a fan of Jordan's but I got frazzled the other week for saying something nice about her, then I got called a fruitcake the other week for supporting someone else! Sheesh!

But as for have Jade, Kerry or Jordan got any talent, no they haven't and I used to like OK magazine but they've just become the magazine equivalent now of the Daily Sport, just tragic.
  • Options
    davidc1davidc1 Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you were really a fan of the "VERY successful" girlband Atomic Kitten, you'd know that Kerry only got the job for her personality. She was loud, liked pulling faces, and could do their dance routines. Singing was nothing to do with it.

And slipping the recruiter nudie pictures of herself......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought everyone knew that. She always says it!

...Riiight, I've just read the rest of your post. You seem to think the other two can sing also.

Oh how I wish you were joking! We'd get on so well because what you've said is hilarious! :D

Lets bring this down, first of all I am profoundly deaf ie NO hearing what so ever, all my friends (who are hearing) have told me how bad they all were, and I know of the Katona problem and the JP problem ie could not sing for toffee but I have heard (correct me if I am wrong) that jade goody sounded OK - not as bad as we would have thought - when she was on Stars in their eyes (I thinks she impersenated Dolly Parton)
  • Options
    muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_phoo wrote: »

You lot are probably going to disagree with me but if you wanted a pony book (and you had no grudge against Jordan/Jade/Kerry) and you tootled off to the shop you would probably buy the one "written" by Kate Price simply because you've heard about it and therefore have expectations about the book itself.

To be honest, no I wouldn't. The very fact that it's Katie Price would suggest to me that the product was trashy and would put me off. Likewise Kerry Katona and Iceland, it creates a bad image of the brand for me.

I can understand her releasing stuff like lingerie that appeals to grown-ups, but I am uncomfortable with the idea of her being marketed as an "author" and a children's one at that. I just do not think it is appropriate that the trashy Katie Price brand is being used to sell books to children. It describes her on Amazon as being a "model and businesswoman" - disguising the truth that she is famous for getting her clothes off. I have the same view on the Playboy bunny branding on kid's stationary, clothes etc. I don't think those sort of brands should be targeted at children.

Even if one wanted pony books, there are some very good ones without resorting to Jordan, like these...

http://samanthaalexander.ponymadbooklovers.co.uk/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muppeteer wrote: »
    To be honest, no I wouldn't. The very fact that it's Katie Price would suggest to me that the product was trashy and would put me off. Likewise Kerry Katona and Iceland, it creates a bad image of the brand for me.

I can understand her releasing stuff like lingerie that appeals to grown-ups, but I am uncomfortable with the idea of her being marketed as an "author" and a children's one at that. I just do not think it is appropriate that the trashy Katie Price brand is being used to sell books to children. It describes her on Amazon as being a "model and businesswoman" - disguising the truth that she is famous for getting her clothes off. I have the same view on the Playboy bunny branding on kid's stationary, clothes etc. I don't think those sort of brands should be targeted at children.

Even if one wanted pony books, there are some very good ones without resorting to Jordan, like these...

http://samanthaalexander.ponymadbooklovers.co.uk/

I think you have something there.

Should Zara Phillips or the Princess Royal write about ponies you wouldn't question it, but KP should only be used to market undies or sex toys. Certainly nothing aimed at children :eek:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    You might not like her but at least she has a talent in that she can sing and write pretty good lyrics. What talents have Kerry, Jade and Jordan between them?

:confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What talents have Kerry, Jade and Jordan between them?

:confused:
    Errrrrrr. big tits?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cazza23 wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

I think the lyrics to The Fear just about sum up this topic.

I want to be rich and I want lots of money
    I don’t care about clever I don’t care about funny
    I want loads of clothes and f**kloads of diamonds
    I heard people die while they are trying to find them

I’ll take my clothes off and it will be shameless
    ‘Cuz everyone knows that’s how you get famous
    I’ll look at the sun and I’ll look in the mirror
    I’m on the right track yeah I’m on to a winner

I don’t know what’s right and what’s real anymore
    I don’t know how I’m meant to feel anymore
    When do you think it will all become clear?
    ‘Cuz I’m being taken over by The Fear

Life’s about film stars and less about mothers
    It’s all about fast cars cussing each other
    But it doesn’t matter cause I’m packing plastic
    and that’s what makes my life so f**king fantastic

And I am a weapon of massive consumption
    and its not my fault it’s how I’m programmed to function
    I’ll look at the sun and I’ll look in the mirror
    I’m on the right track yeah we're on to a winner

Forget about guns and forget ammunition
    Cause I’m killing them all on my own little mission
    Now I’m not a saint but I’m not a sinner
    Now everything's cool as long as I’m getting thinner
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davidc1 wrote: »
    :confused:
    Errrrrrr. big tits?

Do you mean their men? ;)
  • Options
    mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    very true Vidalia. Sad really . Ask a group of 12 year old girls what they want to be when they grow up and the majority will say a glamour model, or just to be famous. If you ask them famous for what, they haven't a clue, they just want to be famous. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmcd wrote: »
    very true Vidalia. Sad really . Ask a group of 12 year old girls what they want to be when they grow up and the majority will say a glamour model, or just to be famous. If you ask them famous for what, they haven't a clue, they just want to be famous. :(

That's just very sad. When I was younger, we'd at least look up to the pop stars of that day and want to become singers or play in bands to become famous. At least it meant you wanted to learn a skill :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vermin wrote: »
    Do you mean their men? ;)

You know I was torn between posting something along those lines but held back as I quite like Peter Andre......Actually like is probably too strong a word as he can be a prick but I do not dislike him and sometimes feel sorry for him when Katie henpecks him.
    Of the three reality shows theirs is the only one I can bear to watch...The other pair's are too embassing to watch.
    David
  • Options
    Forum Member
    True, I'm not a fan of Jordan's but I got frazzled the other week for saying something nice about her, then I got called a fruitcake the other week for supporting someone else! Sheesh!

But as for have Jade, Kerry or Jordan got any talent, no they haven't and I used to like OK magazine but they've just become the magazine equivalent now of the Daily Sport, just tragic.

As Louie Theroux would say:

Yeah, what's that all about?

I swear there was a point where 'OK' magazine was up there with the 'worthy' gossip mags. But I think the ONLY one left now -if there is one- is 'Hello' magazine.

'OK' is bl00dy awful nowadays. They have Kerry AND Nikki Grahame (sp?) for columnists for peets sake!!!

I don't get gossip mags any more, because I don't think there's a big enough balance between praise and criticism. Take 'Heat' magazine for example, the biggest sinners of all. They suck up soooooo much to the people they like. We all know they're matey-mates that feed each others egos day in day out. But what about celebrities, films and music that are sh!t? Would they ever say it? NO! They just kiss a$$ constantly. HATE IT!

That's why I [used to] read Perezhilton.com. If a celeb is acting like a d!ck, he'll say so! He'll rip them to shreads, and when they pick themselves up again, a la Britney Spears, he'll give them the praise they deserve!

Of course, Perez aint what he used to be :sleep:, so I don't bother going on his site any more/not nearly as much as I used to.

But anyways, I don't buy 'Hello' because there's too much writing. If I'm going to read that much, I'd rather read a book, not a magazine ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    jordan, kerry, jade no way. i'm tired of all, most of kerry.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Louie Theroux would say:

Yeah, what's that all about?

I swear there was a point where 'OK' magazine was up there with the 'worthy' gossip mags. But I think the ONLY one left now -if there is one- is 'Hello' magazine.

'OK' is bl00dy awful nowadays. They have Kerry AND Nikki Grahame (sp?) for columnists for peets sake!!!

I don't get gossip mags any more, because I don't think there's a big enough balance between praise and criticism. Take 'Heat' magazine for example, the biggest sinners of all. They suck up soooooo much to the people they like. We all know they're matey-mates that feed each others egos day in day out. But what about celebrities, films and music that are sh!t? Would they ever say it? NO! They just kiss a$$ constantly. HATE IT!

That's why I [used to] read Perezhilton.com. If a celeb is acting like a d!ck, he'll say so! He'll rip them to shreads, and when they pick themselves up again, a la Britney Spears, he'll give them the praise they deserve!

Of course, Perez aint what he used to be :sleep:, so I don't bother going on his site any more/not nearly as much as I used to.

But anyways, I don't buy 'Hello' because there's too much writing. If I'm going to read that much, I'd rather read a book, not a magazine ;)

Katona and Graham no longer write for them. Coleen Rooney is now a columnist and I gather commands an obscene salary, the column is awful.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    Katona and Graham no longer write for them. Coleen Rooney is now a columnist and I gather commands an obscene salary, the column is awful.:rolleyes:

Coleen McLoughloughingjsbh? Well just like the rest of them,

Who the fudge cares what she has to say?!

Just because she's a WAG....Come on people!

REVOLT! REVOLT!

*sigh* This country (said in an Alan Partridge voice as he departs with his shower curtain cape and tungsten tip screw fingernails)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think the recession will:

a) Cause us to reassess our worship of people who are famous for being famous and have no talent apart from those derived from cosmetic surgery and having good PR behind them?

b) Cause us to worship them even more to add a bit of light into our lives that used to be wonderful when we all had unlimited credit but are totally sad and meaningless now that we don't?

[And yes, I am being slightly sarcastic just in case anyone has a whoosh moment}
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

a) Cause us to reassess our worship of people who are famous for being famous and have no talent apart from those derived from cosmetic surgery and having good PR behind them?

b) Cause us to worship them even more to add a bit of light into our lives that used to be wonderful when we all had unlimited credit but are totally sad and meaningless now that we don't?

[And yes, I am being slightly sarcastic just in case anyone has a whoosh moment}

b) for too many unfortunately and the desperate press will just throw those divs at us all the more now.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know this is a really old thread but thought it was worth a bump because of this post now we're a couple of years into a recession.

I know it wan't a serious post but the two choices seem to be a pretty accurate prediction. I'd say, by looking on here, it's a fairly even split
  • Options
    La Dolce VitaLa Dolce Vita Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    darling wrote: »
    Why do I like Jordan?

I find her interesting. She's far more honest than I would ever be about things that are often contrary to her own interest and thoroughly embarrassing. On things like her post natal depression, and relationship with Junior, I think it's been genuinely valuable. It's helped me to better understand my mother, and the way she treated me compared to other siblings. I also found a lot of what she had to say in her books about her relationship with men interesting. I think a lot of women would empathise - I certainly do.

Am I like her otherwise. No. She has a thoroughly coarse and vulgar sense of humour, that I don't share, and her constant need to shock can be irritating. She should also cut back on the surgery imo - she's naturally beautiful. The media constantly picking out the worst possible photographs of her actually works in her favour because when people see her in the jungle, or on her and Peter's show, they're amazed at how good she looks.

She does and says lots of things that I don't agree with, but she comes across to me as fearless and not at all self pitying, which I like. I also think she's got a good sense of humour - she can be genuinely funny - and she's a very good business woman. Those who insist that her success is down to her management seem to overlook the fact that she's changed her management fairly frequently to ensure that she gets the best deal. She makes some good choices, imo, including marrying Peter.

I buy her books, and other stuff that she puts her name to that I like and I'll continue to do so, regardless of how many times people call me a chav or an ignoramous or whatever. Who cares what they think. :sleep:

Hi, is this the same darling who posts on the Peter Andre threads?!? :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 years on and Jordan and Kerry are still amongst the ones hogging zeleb mags.

I have no doubt if Jade were still alive she would also be there but Chantelleitall and Peter Andre seem to have moved into the same slot of making sure that their every move is paid for by a mag deal etc.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    2 years on and Jordan and Kerry are still amongst the ones hogging zeleb mags.

I have no doubt if Jade were still alive she would also be there but Chantelleitall and Peter Andre seem to have moved into the same slot of making sure that their every move is paid for by a mag deal etc.

No doubt at all Cazzz. I bet Max is gutted that Jeff won't let the boys be pimped out. They could have been a real cash cow. Shame for him that both Jackieyyyyeeeeiiiiiiiiieeeee and Jack Tweed have no appeal and so can't really be sold.

I notice that Jodie seems to be trying to get her face back into the media as well recently despite swearing blind that she *hates* attention
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    No doubt at all Cazzz. I bet Max is gutted that Jeff won't let the boys be pimped out. They could have been a real cash cow. Shame for him that both Jackieyyyyeeeeiiiiiiiiieeeee and Jack Tweed have no appeal and so can't really be sold.

I notice that Jodie seems to be trying to get her face back into the media as well recently despite swearing blind that she *hates* attention

LOL Uncle Max im sure has offered Jeff some money to pimp the boys I am so impressed with Jeff! Jack and Jackie need to kee sober, out of jail and presentable before max could make money out of them...