Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping this is like that couple who try and try to get pregnant without success, then go ahead and adopt and boom! the wife gets pregnant. Maybe this album is the adoption and once its out all of a sudden they get the ideas popping again. I dont want them wasting time and effort gilding the lily.

I think it will be an awesome baby-monster either way. They were lucky with Salute in that they, like you said, knew exactly what they wanted and they went after it. But uncertainty is good, I'm suspicious of people who are very sure what they want and for whom things are easy all the time. And the yearly album thing makes many Syco acts and other such acts difficult to take seriously. We'll probably all be laughing at ourselves stupid for being so impatient for this album this time next year. But damn, the wait sucks, lol.
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone once said that real Science is what happens when your experiment fails and you have to find a new theory to explain it. Maybe Album 3 is that breakthrough. They've already done their preconceived ideas and its new territory for them to explore now. I still think they should ride around on a bus and listen in on people's conversations.

SJ, they need to randomly sprinkle rewards in this advent calendar and not lump it all in the end. That's the theory behind slot machines, ha ha.
  • Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw that sometimes they are going to have fans help "unlock" certain days, I assume those are days where we get something a little more substantial (I hope) than the vids from the last few days....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I told you guys I was reading the old threads from 2011. Have fun with this one and the predictions for LM back then.

Would Little Mix be better off away from Syco?
    Sorry, but I see no evidence that they could or want to write their own stuff.They are depressingly generic and lightweight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amusing thread CV, it does put a smile on my face considering how the conversation changes (will they have ANY input vs now where it's HOW MUCH input will they have) and sometimes goes back to square one (basically should they walk away from syco)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should read the threads before the final all saying they would have a Mother's Day album out and be split up in 6 months. Page 700 or so if you peruse. Just think some LM biographer will be rereading our threads someday. *waves*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always interested to see how non-fans or indifferent people viewed the two albums so if anyone has links to such threads, let me know!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try searching in the Music forum, that isnt an XF haven.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to disagree on the need for tension. I've been on creative teams where everyone isnt in harness and its stress filled and counterproductive. I think they've been able to step it up majorly because they are in tandem and not wasting energy in conflict with each other (the label and management on the other hand, we'll see). I've never gotten the impression they were resting on their laurels either.

Never been in a band then?
    Creative tension isn't conflict by the way, it's disagreement leading to a better outcome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Never been in a band then?
    Creative tension isn't conflict by the way, it's disagreement leading to a better outcome.

Nope, just multimillion dollar projects.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try searching in the Music forum, that isnt an XF haven.

I'm reading the Popjustice Salute thread back when Salute was just leaking and wow, I remember now how exciting that week was. Hearing Boy and Salute for the first time, I have never been so excited for new music in my life, lol. What a time.

I'm going to have aneurysm for album 3 aren't I?

Edit: Reading those threads makes me bitter Salute never got the singles run it deserved. What a shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Word Up derail the Salute campaign, or was it just a blip? Of all the songs in the world I will never understand why Word Up was chosen. I scratch my head.

Justice for Nothing Feels Like You
  • Options
    ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Word Up derail the Salute campaign, or was it just a blip? Of all the songs in the world I will never understand why Word Up was chosen. I scratch my head.

Justice for Nothing Feels Like You

I think it was just pressure to do a cover since that's generally the done thing for these charity events. While I would've much preferred an album track, I don't think it was a poor choice at all - I imagine if it done a bit better chart-wise then there wouldn't be as much disdain for it as there is now. Hey, at least at wasn't the career-ending disaster that 'Waterfalls' was. Poor Stooshe.

I do think the album would've crossed Platinum long ago if 'Towers' was released over 'Little Me' and NFLY got the single-treatment. My two favourite LM tracks by far ( plus 'Move' of course, but I think Capital's overplay of it during my exam period last year has tainted it for me. :p).
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I like how jades looking on the day 4 video ant ir was recorded the same day they did the videoshoot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We should've started a running competition to guess each gift of the day. I feel like my prophecy skills would be on point. That said, Jade does look incredibly cute.

CV, I very much think Word Up derailed their campaign. It meant they had no solid song to present as a US single, whereas I think they would've had NFLY otherwise, it also meant they could not recoup some of the lacklustre response they got for Little Me (which at the time wasn't a bad single choice, I was always rooting for TFW though, but ended up not working well for them). It's a real shame honestly but maybe they didn't want to give all the $$ from their own song to a charity single or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like Jade's Japanese anime bun hairstyle. They all look really good though.

So what happens if you're a 200 lb man who wants a onesie? :p
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont like Jade's Japanese anime bun hairstyle. They all look really good though.

So what happens if you're a 200 lb man who wants a onesie? :p

One size fits all 🙈😁
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Under the Terms & Conditions it lists

Approximate combined retail value of all Prizes is Twenty Dollars ($20.00).

Kind of a sticker shock in comparison to what their online store is charging.

Also strangely the pull down has all these countries like Afghanistan on it yet the T&C states (for me) its only available to the 50 United States. I wonder if the T&C is tailored to your location.

@LittleMix · 6h
    Mixers we know some of you can't enter the comp but we promise to bring you LOADS more giveaways next year!! Love you all Leigh x

So this may be a first look at part of their promo for next year? This seems to imply more involvement of fans abroad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Buzzjack's Tues mids update
    Out of last week's top 40 are 17 21 31 33 34 35 36 40

Apparently a fanbase buy after all at 20,290. It had a lot of constrictions on it.
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No surprise
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its comparable to when Wings was plopped into the US at 17,386 as a fanbase buy before their campaign.

They're on their break for certain: http://instagram.com/p/wr40YxhYnA/

Not long for what the New Year brings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got lost in a forum black hole going into the music thread here on DS reading about LM and there was so much surprise and positive talk about the Salute era and the love for Stand down made me wish the song would've possibly gotten the single treatment. Of all the rest of the album tracks Stand Down and NFLY are the two I wanted to be singles so badly.

edit: I love rereading the ATRL thread about the Salute album as well lol it's so much fun rereading the new excitement over that album.
  • Options
    Fin_BrownFin_Brown Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always said NFLY would have been an amazing single, but did anyone else think that it was just a tad overproduced and noisy? I think if it was fine tuned just a bit, it would have been perfection. Actually I think most of their songs are a little overproduced and noisy. Particularly in Move when they're doing that flawless "oh oH OH OH OHHH" harmony towards the end and you can barely hear it cause the music is so loud.

Also, did anyone else think that A Different Beat would have been a good single?? I was just listening to the album again and I just noticed how good it was
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKnoqdWc-as

I know this was probably posted here at the time but its still the best review of salute Ive watched, particularly on Competition and them deserving some serious better production...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fin_Brown wrote: »
    I always said NFLY would have been an amazing single, but did anyone else think that it was just a tad overproduced and noisy?

Isnt that MNEK though? I remember him tweeting something about 127 stems for Leigh-Anne and I thought, Really? I have to admit my favorite part of the song on tour is their acapella intro and I think performing that on American TV would have stormed it.
    Particularly in Move when they're doing that flawless "oh oH OH OH OHHH" harmony towards the end

I really hope they consider doing more vocal breakdowns in their radio singles and tv performances this next time. Lets hear the voices. Gad I sound like Gary Barlow.
This discussion has been closed.