Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get it On!' - Christian & Syed (Part 24)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,794
    Forum Member
    40006069 wrote: »
    Zainab hugging him was a vile move. He is only worthy of her love when he does what she wants. He was so suprised. I don't know what to think, its horrible

He's only been waiting 4 bloody months for it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    I am still continually shocked at how awful Mas and Zee are. Everytime. You think I would learn. First Zee insisting Christian attend the party just so she could gloat and lord the pregnancy over him. Absolutely unnecessary. Can't she just be happy that (in her world, at least) Syed and Amira are married and having a baby. No, she has to see Christian's heart break into a million pieces and smile as it happens.

And Mas?! 3 months! The way he was so gleeful in telling Christian despite the fact that the man was in tears! And calling him a predator. Oh my god, HATE!

*deep breath* now that's out of my system, on to our boys.

Those scenes were just lovely and sad and heartbreaking. Christian knowing the awful truth that they have to 'do the right thing' even when it means him losing Syed. I kind of loved Sy's 'I wanna hold your hand'. It was so innocent and romantic, and maybe with an underlying I don't care who sees or what happens, I just wanna be with you and hold your hand.

And the last scene, I love, love, love how they are with each other. The head on the shoulder, Christian rubbing Sy's neck/back. And that they had obviously talked about places they could go and be together. I can just imagine them lying in bed, in the dark playing 'what if'.

And lastly Sy taking Christian's hand (I know most of you saw this in the preview, but i managed to resist), and his declaration that he will tell his family. It's so awful knowing what is coming for him, and he still believes that his family would just want him to be happy. And why shouldn't he expect that, it's all any good parent wants for their child.

BIB Yes. Zainab wanting to gloat about the pregnancy to Christian was truly repellent. Like you say, she's got what she bloody well wanted, why does she have to rub his nose in it? What an absolute cow. I think it was Rhumba (correct me if I'm wrong Rhumba!!) yesterday who said that she is childish and that was perfectly illustrated in that scene. What a childish and petty thing to want to do :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've uploaded the final 2 scenes!!!!
    Sorry if it's crap.. haven't seen it yet!
    Just to make it easier than I player :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPaeUsKn08U

:) Just in case it got missed :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,434
    Forum Member
    ardchoile wrote: »
    'We could buy a bungalow and call it 'Dun Lying'.' What a terrific line!!!!!

genius. marc's delivery...he is perfect.
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    I really do feel for Christian and Syed's love. Marc and John portray it so effortlessly.

i have never seen a scene scream love more. it was screaming out.
    LMAO at Amira filling us in yet again on how utterly inadequate her life with Syed is in terms of sex, conversation - everything

i feel validated :rolleyes:
    PoppyMay wrote: »
    Can you believe Syed was saying all that stuff?? :cry: and :)

He's come so so so far........only for parents to guilt and shame the strength out of him.

EVIL B*STARDS

that is the most heartbreaking thing. his prison was never more evident than in that scene. he dreams of escape. the tragic fantasy of a life where he is free. jesus. i've never seen anything more tragic.
    It HAS to be his fault, so they can excuse Syed, and pretend he is not really gay.

it's crazy because he knows he's gay, he screamed it at the imam. he must believe it exists but without temptation to his 'weak' son, it lays dormant.
    At Last wrote: »
    :cry::cry: He sounded so sad himself... And now when he's got the strength to stand, he gets a pounded backdown again...

precisely. :mad: :cry:
    Cazza80 wrote: »
    What a final scene, showing so clearly the contrast between their relationship and that of Syed and Amira. They've really talked, they know about each other's experiences. I loved that little bit where Syed asked Christian about the place in Yorkshire - I'm imagining a conversation they've had where Christian's been talking about all the places he'd like to take Syed. Oh no, it just breaks my heart.:(

Oh God, I just hate thinking that that's the last intimate scene we're likely to see from them for at least 3 and a bit weeks. Don't think I can take the pain. But on the plus side, good bloody riddance to Amira in 4 days time - that I can't wait for, she came across as a total idiot tonight!

agree to all bits! bib is too GUH for words.
    You are so right.

They suck the LIFE out of Syed.:(

they do, exactly. he's so ready and actually believes they'll still love him. and they will use that against him. disgusting.
    'whats that place'

hes like a little boy...OH JESUS THYEY NEED TO GO TO YORKSHIRE NOW..runaway lovers its so romantic and tragic

guh
    who me? wrote: »
    Oh yes that would be Masood the adulterer then? Or maybe Masood the lying two faced git who gambled away his wife's life savings and had to secretly remortage their home while she was pregnant.That paragon of virtue Masood?

damn right!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,431
    Forum Member
    After tonight, the whole reveal is going to be even more painful
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Cazza80 wrote: »
    Tomorrow and Monday are actually going to rip our hearts out :(
    And stamp on them :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm listening to the scenes on loop... Just... WOW!

They both want their future together so much... but they know they can't have it... yet..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,431
    Forum Member
    ~Gemma! wrote: »

Syeds face in that picture is so sad :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,486
    Forum Member
    Holly Blue wrote: »
    Hebden Bridge, between Leeds & Burnley.....:rolleyes:

I like Hebden Bridge.

From wikipedia:
    Hebden Bridge has attracted artists, and has developed a small New Age community. It became attractive in the 1980s and 1990s to lesbians as a place of mutual support to raise children.[4] As of 2004 Hebden Bridge had the highest number of lesbians per head in the UK.[5]

In April 2005 Hebden Bridge was declared the 4th quirkiest place in the world by highlife (the British Airways flight magazine) and was described as "modern and stylish in an unconventional and stylish way

Sounds like a good place for Chryed, in their parallel universe :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree that Christian thinks Mas knows, but it's not the same as saying it out loud. Oh God, Christian trying to keep it all together while Masood tortured him. Bl**dy awful.

It was bloody awful! I mean Christian was pretty much sobbing his heart out and Mas was smiling away at him knowing his words were killing him. Damn you Masood :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like Hebden Bridge.

From wikipedia:
    Hebden Bridge has attracted artists, and has developed a small New Age community. It became attractive in the 1980s and 1990s to lesbians as a place of mutual support to raise children.[4] As of 2004 Hebden Bridge had the highest number of lesbians per head in the UK.[5]

In April 2005 Hebden Bridge was declared the 4th quirkiest place in the world by highlife (the British Airways flight magazine) and was described as "modern and stylish in an unconventional and stylish way

Sounds like a good place for Chryed, in their parallel universe :(

Sounds perfect for them!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    19 mins 23 secs into iplayer for first scene in flat.

*gulp* here i go to watch it again
  • Options
    Miss-DeLargeMiss-DeLarge Posts: 8,796
    Forum Member
    i love the speech. northern marc is just...hot
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK. now I,m seriously angry!I live in Yorkshire and as far as I know there is NO big gay scene in Hebden Bridge!H.B is a small market town in West Yorkshire-to imply it,s the gay capital of the north is disgraceful and surely a southern joke-the usual cloth caps+ferrets scenario.
    Apart from that-What a disappointment!Where was the soul searching,the"Can you lose me,Can you lose what we have"Spoilers were less than accurate and I,m gutted.The handholding was minimal-alright there was head on the shoulder stuff(briefly).the whole build-up was totally inaccurate.Bad show EE!I,m seriously unhappy!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ~Gemma!~Gemma! Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly Blue wrote: »
    Hebden Bridge, between Leeds & Burnley.....:rolleyes:

Hey! What's wrong with Leeds?! :mad:...:p
  • Options
    ardchoileardchoile Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it's all a bit too sad for me.

I'm going to cook dinner and think about something a bit happier for a while. Back later.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mas has to PUT Christian in that role - to DEHUMANISE HIM, to make him 'other' - less than human, so he can HURT him and not feel guilty.

It HAS to be his fault, so they can excuse Syed, and pretend he is not really gay.

I felt like we really missed out on some reaction shots here – like when Z mentioned inviting Christian in front of the family, or general dealing with the news they're having a baby……

Z totally thought she's cured him by forcing straight sex and fatherhood on him *vomits*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well it's all a bit too sad for me.

I'm going to cook dinner and think about something a bit happier for a while. Back later.

Bye sweetie - catch you later hopefully.

I feel very flat now too :(
  • Options
    surrealsurreal Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite numb...I knew this was going to happen but still it's heart breaking. Syed is so naive to think his family will want him to be happy, but of course he does, he's just been hugged by his mother again, he thinks he can. But I don't think he truly believes this...Christian can see so clearly what's coming. There's a mixture of resignation, hurt, pain, and protection towards Syed. He can't shelter him any more, he can't shelter himself anymore.

Tomorrow is going to be stomach churning...Syed shredded in tiny pieces by the ones who're supposed to love him unconditionally, and the one who does is not part of his "community and faith", is a man and what they have is Haraam in the eyes of God and community...I fail to express how incredibly sad I am.

Right now there are broken men, broken young men hiding the tears, tears of recognition of themselves in what they've watched. Men pretending to be disgusted by this storyline yet inwardly bleeding because they too keep this secret locked in their hearts.
  • Options
    JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've uploaded the final 2 scenes!!!!
    Sorry if it's crap.. haven't seen it yet!
    Just to make it easier than I player :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPaeUsKn08U

Thank you. Will watch when my eyes aren't so teary :cry:
    ~Gemma! wrote: »

Even the use of the word 'Symira' doesn't annoy me right now.

Gutted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who me? wrote: »
    LOL ask for writing credits...and 10% commission!

oh who me our poor poor boy.

what will happen to him.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i love the speech. northern marc is just...hot

I loved the accent too. He sounded like he could have lived near me *sigh*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :(

Amazing Acting!!

I am SO unbeleivably proud of Christian.. he's finally understanding.. and Syed... he is admitting how he really feels!

i am proud of marc and johny and

and syed and christain, poor men, poor loves, poor souls
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,434
    Forum Member
    I am still continually shocked at how awful Mas and Zee are. Everytime. You think I would learn. First Zee insisting Christian attend the party just so she could gloat and lord the pregnancy over him. Absolutely unnecessary. Can't she just be happy that (in her world, at least) Syed and Amira are married and having a baby. No, she has to see Christian's heart break into a million pieces and smile as it happens.

And Mas?! 3 months! The way he was so gleeful in telling Christian despite the fact that the man was in tears! And calling him a predator. Oh my god, HATE!

*deep breath* now that's out of my system, on to our boys.

Those scenes were just lovely and sad and heartbreaking. Christian knowing the awful truth that they have to 'do the right thing' even when it means him losing Syed. I kind of loved Sy's 'I wanna hold your hand'. It was so innocent and romantic, and maybe with an underlying I don't care who sees or what happens, I just wanna be with you and hold your hand.

And the last scene, I love, love, love how they are with each other. The head on the shoulder, Christian rubbing Sy's neck/back. And that they had obviously talked about places they could go and be together. I can just imagine them lying in bed, in the dark playing 'what if'.

And lastly Sy taking Christian's hand (I know most of you saw this in the preview, but i managed to resist), and his declaration that he will tell his family. It's so awful knowing what is coming for him, and he still believes that his family would just want him to be happy. And why shouldn't he expect that, it's all any good parent wants for their child.

great post.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    was he doing a manchester accent?? im so confused

Dont know if this has been cleared up but i have not caught up with all the posts yet. Syed asked about 'that place in yorkshire' Christian replies 'Hebden Bridge' Its a pretty village in Yorkshire, gorgeous, very quiet. So Syed breaks into a Yorkshire accent!!!!!!!
    Classic!
This discussion has been closed.