Options

Shocking - The Truth About The Audition Process!

2»

Comments

• Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    We'll have to agree to disagree Mary :) Too many of the finalists of recent years look to me as if they may have been scouted by the producers or ended up on the show by means other than walking into the first public audition. A lot of them had previous record contracts or releases and showbiz experience, meaning their name was out there and they already had contacts in the business. For example the top 2 last year, Matt Cardle and Rebecca Ferguson, had already released albums.
    Some of the finalists look as if they are previously known but the vast majority of people who go to the judges/bootcamp would still be unknowns. When I auditioned at the O2, it was simply too big for me to get to know anyone but as the rounds go on, you would recognise people from your group. They might get away with sticking in one person at the first judges audition which goes unnoticed but if they stuck in loads, people would comment on it.

From the 20 or so who audition in front of the judges, maybe 5 get to bootcamp. At bootcamp, if a 6th person magically appeared who was supposed to have auditioned at the same time as you, you would notice and given the bitter nature of contestants, someone would've blabbed by now. We've had plenty of people on here describe their experience but no one has mentioned seeing someone who just appeared, without having auditioned.
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Chart Thob by Ben Elton in W.H.Smiths ,I use to have the book but gave it away so decided to get myself the book and reading it again
    Certainly is in my view ''inside information''
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know a girl who auditioned. She was turned down but a clown, yes seriously, who sang little Bo Peep completely out of tune got through.

I'm watching to see if he makes the live shows... erm in Louie's group. ;) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know a girl who auditioned. She was turned down but a clown, yes seriously, who sang little Bo Peep completely out of tune got through.

I'm watching to see if he makes the live shows... erm in Louie's group. ;) :rolleyes:

Ok, I find that a bit dubious, how do you know "the clown" was out of tune ???

Did you earwig their audition ???