Options

Matt 'the cardie' Cardle copping Flack for massive lie

Comments

• Options
    NoahsAarkNoahsAark Posts: 30,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    Oh come on!! Just look at that Mirror link - petty, ignorant media - just 5 people showing - as though that was it???? Some will look at the headline, see the picture and not bother to read the article, how damming is that? Just shows how manipulative the Mirror really is - bar-stewards! :mad:

As far as I can see the tabloids have been at fault throughout this whole 'story'. Twisting what Matt had said and then no doubt embelishing what the father had said in response.

One thing is for sure ... there is very little truth in any tabloid story nowadays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    Oh come on!! Just look at that Mirror link - petty, ignorant media - just 5 people showing - as though that was it???? Some will look at the headline, see the picture and not bother to read the article, how damming is that? Just shows how manipulative the Mirror really is - bar-stewards! :mad:

Yes, it's hard to judge as much casual support Matt has, but he does have a very strong core fanbase, that wouldn't be swayed by ridiculous tabloid stories, and these fan are the ones who turn up in book signing.

Believing that the 'lie' stories has eroded Matt's support is just wishful thinking from people who dream of him failing.

Personally, I don't know wether he will succeed or not, but hope that he will :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the single but there is no way I'd turn up for a book signing. It doesn't mean I wouldn't buy an album if I liked it though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    I bought the single but there is no way I'd turn up for a book signing. It doesn't mean I wouldn't buy an album if I liked it though.

Same for me ... not remotely interested in the book. Looking forward to hearing his album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NoahsAark wrote: »
    Same for me ... not remotely interested in the book. Looking forward to hearing his album.

Yes, same for me, but I would expect that many of the fans of an X Factor contestant are interested.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather read the book than listen to his music
  • Options
    liz83liz83 Posts: 6,398
    Forum Member
    Yes, being Christmas week, I'd say there must've been several hundred in the shop anyway. It's really not looking good for Matt. He needs to start telling the truth about stuff :(

There's a report by someone who was there on the Matt AT - posted yesterday soon afterwards and well before the Mail and the Mirror had a go about numbers. She said the lower floor of the VERY large shop was packed when Matt arrived and the screams were deafening. The queues were also very large but well organised and Matt seemed overwhelmed by the turnout.

You do realise that all the illwishing in the world isnt going to change the facts?:p Matt won; Rebecca didnt and is probably very grateful for that fact given she would have had to spend every day being interviewed interminably and not with her kids. Matt IS very popular and sadly for this forum, no one but the more dedicated anti-Matters here and the odd Daily Mail reader who doesnt get out much, believes, or pretends to believe, he lied about his brothers or anything else. So far its going brilliantly for him, but its very early days.

In the end Matt will make his own future or not, depending on his music and now hes got the number 1 and not got landed with the same tag as poor Joe, nothing much anyone says at this point will make any difference.

BUT the desperate clutching at straws of abuse; the inability of many non-fans on here to let the interminable Matt attacks go, to let MATT go, tells me he's not only doing very well with the public, he also has a definite enough image and personality to make a PR impact ,as is crucial now.. Headlines every day (good or bad) equal the kind of artist Cowell loves as he said before the show - he was desperate to find contestants and a winner with edge, not bland people no one could care that much about.

The longer the threads here arguing back and forth about Matt; the more obviously desperate the wish of some to believe in failure in the face of the evidence, the more passionate the abuse - the more encouraged I feel for him! Beause if Matt was boring or bland or forgettable or doomed to failure, you wouldnt care so much one way or the other. IMO:p
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liz83 wrote: »
    There's a report by someone who was there on the Matt AT - posted yesterday soon afterwards and well before the Mail and the Mirror had a go about numbers. She said the lower floor of the VERY large shop was packed when Matt arrived and the screams were deafening. The queues were also very large but well organised and Matt seemed overwhelmed by the turnout.

You do realise that all the illwishing in the world isnt going to change the facts?:p Matt won; Rebecca didnt and is probably very grateful for that fact given she would have had to spend every day being interviewed interminably and not with her kids. Matt IS very popular and sadly for this forum, no one but the more dedicated anti-Matters here and the odd Daily Mail reader who doesnt get out much, believes, or pretends to believe, he lied about his brothers or anything else. So far its going brilliantly for him, but its very early days.

In the end Matt will make his own future or not, depending on his music and now hes got the number 1 and not got landed with the same tag as poor Joe, nothing anyone says now will make any difference.

BUT the desperate clutching at straws of abuse; the inability of many non-fans on here to let the interminable Matt attacks go, to let MATT go, tells me he's not only doing very well with the public, he also has a definite enough image and personality to make a PR impact ,as is crucial now.. Headlines every day (good or bad) equal the kind of artist Cowell loves as he said before the show - he was desperate to find contestants and a winner with edge, not bland people no one could care that much about.

The longer the threads here arguing back and forth about Matt; the more obviously desperate the wish of some to believe in failure in the face of the evidence, the more passionate the abuse - the more encouraged I feel for him! Beause if Matt was boring or bland or forgettable or doomed to failure, you wouldnt care so much one way or the other. IMO:p

Go Liz Go Liz Go Liz :D

*waves pom poms :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eduble wrote: »
    I'd rather read the book than listen to his music

I don't believe you. You'd much rather be posting on here about how much you don't like him or his music, wouldn't you? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    I don't believe you. You'd much rather be posting on here about how much you don't like him or his music, wouldn't you? ;)

Not particularly no. I wouldn't mind reading the book.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

I'm not sure I believe that. The weather has been so bad that I doubt many people could travel to attend the event.
  • Options
    Mona LocaMona Loca Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So a crowd big enough to fill a floor of a shop managed to get to the signing at the height of the weather and travel problems but lots of people weren't able to get to shops to buy the single last week?

Which one is it? I wish some people would make their minds up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course there will always be people who will swallow anything that puts Matt in a bad light.

I remember a similar problem with Danyl last year. He was an act that I really didn't like and I found uncomfortable to watch but the rubbish that was posted about him was an argument for the need for IQ tests before we allow people to vote in political elections.

I wonder how many of the Danyl fans who were so annoyed by that last year are coming out with similar nonsence about Matt. A minority I expect but I still wonder,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mona Loca wrote: »
    So a crowd big enough to fill a floor of a shop managed to get to the signing at the height of the weather and travel problems but lots of people weren't able to get to shops to buy the single last week?

Why be like that ... someone who was at the book signing was just correcting the 'story' from the Mirror.

Sounds like plenty have been able to get to the Trafford Centre as well this morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure I believe that. The weather has been so bad that I doubt many people could travel to attend the event.

Well I do agree with you about the impact of the weather KM - central London was kind of shocking yesterday I thought given its Christmas - but the post was made well before turnout became an issue. Its entirely your prerogative of course not to believe it :D

Matts stylist has apparently just tweeted that theres pandemonium at the Manchester signing but that could of course be 6 or 7 people running around the shop hurling abuse. Well... you guys can hope:p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

It can be both Mona, cant it? Yesterday several hundred got to the shop in Central London for Matt, even though the weather was still bad. The previous week around the country there has been weather extreme enough to affect sales of everything not just the single. And, anecdotally, distribution problems which are hopefully clearing up.
  • Options
    Forum Member

It was not on the same day. The worst of the bad weather was on Saturday, last week charts last day, whereas the signing was this week, a new chart week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What says that they are mutually exclusive?

A crowd managing to get to a particular place at a particular time does not mean that other people in different places didn't have trouble getting to buy singles with the weather.
  • Options
    Mona LocaMona Loca Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he takes legal action he'll only be hurting his kids and do more damage to an already shaky relationship with them. I wouldn't want to be spending Christmas at the Floyds this year, awkward :o

If my kids had agreed to be part of a story that falsely depicted me as an absent parent, I don't think I'd care too much what the effect of legal action was. The damage is done.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She said the lower floor of the VERY large shop was packed when Matt arrived and the screams were deafening.

That is very distressing. :( I understand how upset and frightened the poor shoppers must have been when they saw the Cardle. I must say, I would scream too if I was out shopping and the Cardle walked in. Could he not get his shopping delivered?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is very distressing. :( I understand how upset and frightened the poor shoppers must have been when they saw the Cardle. I must say, I would scream too if I was out shopping and the Cardle walked in. Could he not get his shopping delivered?

Ahhh ... very clever ... :D
  • Options
    GhostlyMaryGhostlyMary Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    mamamia wrote: »
    Considering the weather and time of year I would say 200 people turning up is pretty well done! People are really scraping the barrel with their tell tales now,lol

Considering the location, it's an extremely poor show. There was no shortage of people shopping in central London so the passing trade would have been there.

The time of year would have nothing to do with it. Just because you go to a book signing or a CD signing, you don't have to buy the product. Priority is given to people who have but if there is time (and with this small turnout, there would have been ample time) those who just want a photo with the celebrity or something else signed get their turn.

The short notice is a lame excuse too because as I said that location gets a lot of passing trade.
    neelia wrote: »
    Oh I think that there are a hell of a lot of people well before Matt in the queue of "needing to start telling the truth about stuff" and I don't see why Matt would be even in it,

Oh for crying out loud :rolleyes: Wakey, wakey!
    No. I've just checked the queue. There's Richard Nixon at the front, Pinnochio is close behind him and then there's Matt. They're the top three as things stand but I reckon Matt would be higher if it wasn't for the inclement weather as of the two ahead of him, one is dead and the other is made of wood. So, our boy's doing real good :D

PMSL :D
    NoahsAark wrote: »
    As far as I can see the tabloids have been at fault throughout this whole 'story'. Twisting what Matt had said and then no doubt embelishing what the father had said in response.

One thing is for sure ... there is very little truth in any tabloid story nowadays.

Unless it's about Katie Waissel :rolleyes:

Thanks. I just wet myself. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Indeed! It just shows how inconsiderate he is! If he had an ounce of humanity in his body he'd never have turned up:eek:
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    What massive lie? At the end of the day if you like a singer, a song you buy it, you don't buy albums because you think a person is a nice person, you do it because you like the music. You either do or don't its not about singers personal life.

Anyone who is sitting at a computer posting about how any singer IS as a person is franklly in need to get a life! Go out and do some sledging.:p
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Well I do agree with you about the impact of the weather KM - central London was kind of shocking yesterday I thought given its Christmas - but the post was made well before turnout became an issue. Its entirely your prerogative of course not to believe it :D

Matts stylist has apparently just tweeted that theres pandemonium at the Manchester signing but that could of course be 6 or 7 people running around the shop hurling abuse. Well... you guys can hope:p:D

I work about 10 mins drive away and the roads are gridlocked apparently!!!