Options

I am absolutely furious with McDonalds......

Comments

• Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    Yeah report the staff to head office for following company policy, that'll really annoy them :rolleyes:

I bet if the milk heated in the hot water scalded the babies throat you'd be the first one screaming your head off and ringing injury lawyers 4 u.

But how could I possibly sue someone when it's me who's using it to warm his bottle? I could understand if I'd asked them to warm it up for me but I wasn't. He's not gonna be drinking the water I'm just using it to put the bottle in. The responsibility is on me not them. But yet it was somehow ok to sell me a cup of tea without the teabag in it and knowing what I wanted it for told me to help myself to milk and sugar. What an idiot!
  • Options
    Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    When you go to a cafe or a restaurant do you stack your plates and take them back to the kitchen and scrape them in the bin? I think not. Therefore why should it be any different in McDonald's?
    Cause it's all paper shit on a tray and the bin's on the way out the door. It should be different because it is different.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So was I and I do clear up after me when I'm at home or if I'm sat in the park eating my sandwiches but not when I'm a paying customer in someone else's establishment where the staff get paid to clear up as part of the service which I'm paying for.

When you go to a cafe or a restaurant do you stack your plates and take them back to the kitchen and scrape them in the bin? I think not. Therefore why should it be any different in McDonald's?

Sense of entitlement? What are you talking about? I AM entitled to do it. It's not as if they can say anything if I refuse to clear my tray away is it? It's not like it's some kind of company policy. I say fool you of you're soft enough to do someone else's job for them which they get paid for.

You really are vile, just vile
  • Options
    manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »

No, Wizard makes good points. He doesn't litter the park like lots do but when you're paying for food it's your right to leave stuff on the table and for them to clear it. They nearly always have someone on duty for tables. Have to give them something to do!! :p
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How on earth is it vile? What is vile about it, you need to explain!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is though. If I were his wife I'd leave him on the bloody tray and take the big mac home to live with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So was I and I do clear up after me when I'm at home or if I'm sat in the park eating my sandwiches but not when I'm a paying customer in someone else's establishment where the staff get paid to clear up as part of the service which I'm paying for.

Sense of entitlement? What are you talking about? I AM entitled to do it. It's not as if they can say anything if I refuse to clear my tray away is it? It's not like it's some kind of company policy. I say fool you of you're soft enough to do someone else's job for them which they get paid for.

Well, McDonalds do not employ waiting staff, for starters. Using your moral compass, I could order food to take out, but quickly scoff a cheeky cheeseburger on my way out, to then discard the wrapper on the floor without any qualms because, hey, someone is employed to clear up the mess.

Hey, why not expand this to any instances of littering, beit in public or on private property....
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,641
    Forum Member
    I don't think I could muster up the energy to be furious about a fast food "restaurant" to be honest.

Far worse things happen in life than someone messing up an order of cheap, rubbishy food.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Well, McDonalds do not employ waiting staff, for starters. Using your moral compass, I could order food to take out, but quickly scoff a cheeky cheeseburger on my way out, to then discard the wrapper on the floor without any qualms because, hey, someone is employed to clear up the mess.

Hey, why not expand this to any instances of littering, beit in public or on private property....

Don't be so ridiculous. Littering is NOT the same as leaving your empties on a table for the cleaning staff to clear away. YES they DO employ staff to clean the tables even though they don't have waiters. Although a lot of times due to them not having food ready they do actually ask me to take a seat while they bring it over to me so you could argue whether that's classed as table service or not. Littering is a criminal offense. Leaving your empties on a table in a restaurant isn't.

I'm not expected to do it in any other establishment even somewhere like the cafe in Asda don't expect the customers to do their own clearing up so I don't see why I should be expected to do it there when they've got staff who get paid to clear the tables. It's only because some soft people bow to made up social etiquettes that others feel like they have to do the same.
  • Options
    terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's best to just sit back and laugh at him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be so ridiculous. Littering is NOT the same as leaving your empties on a table for the cleaning staff to clear away. YES they DO employ staff to clean the tables even though they don't have waiters. Although a lot of times due to them not having food ready they do actually ask me to take a seat while they bring it over to me so you could argue whether that's classed as table service or not. Littering is a criminal offense. Leaving your empties on a table in a restaurant isn't.

I'm not expected to do it in any other establishment even somewhere like the cafe in Asda don't expect the customers to do their own clearing up so I don't see why I should be expected to do it there when they've got staff who get paid to clear the tables. It's only because some soft people bow to made up social etiquettes that others feel like they have to do the same.

Of course it's not ridiculous. Something doesn't need to be dropped on the floor to be considered litter.

There IS an expectation, not a requirement, but an expectation for customers to clear up after themselves. Don't let the fact that part of a persons job is to clear tables detract you from this point.

Your moral stance is that, because people are paid to tidy up after you, that it's completely fine to let them do it. So, feel free to leave crap on buses, trains, in shops, toilets, restaurants, cinemas, at work, etc. because, hey, you're keeping these people in a job. Right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    terry45 wrote: »
    It's best to just sit back and laugh at him.

Laugh all you like. While your getting hands dirty on the bin lid with used ketchup and whatever else trying to hold it open with one hand whilst shoveling your empty cartons and drinks in with your spare hand whilst simultaneously trying not to get it all over yourself or on the floor, I'm already out of there. I'm laughing at the idiots which are stupid enough to do a job which the cleaners get paid to do. I do enough cleaning up after people at home. I don't do it when I'm out and paying for someone else to do it. If you're soft enough to do it then fool you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laugh all you like. While your getting hands dirty on the bin lid with used ketchup and whatever else trying to hold it open with one hand whilst shoveling your empty cartons and drinks in with your spare hand whilst simultaneously trying not to get it all over yourself or on the floor, I'm already out of there. I'm laughing at the idiots which are stupid enough to do a job which the cleaners get paid to do. I do enough cleaning up after people at home. I don't do it when I'm out and paying for someone else to do it. If you're soft enough to do it then fool you.
    I think we've got to the heart of the issue here; you just don't know how to do it without making a big silly mess of yourself, so you've made up this bizarre rebellious standpoint as it's slightly less embarrassing than the truth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And the reason why you probably have to do so much 'cleaning up after people at home' is because of the example you are setting. I.E why should I clean up after myself when someone else can do it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Of course it's not ridiculous. Something doesn't need to be dropped on the floor to be considered litter.

There IS an expectation, not a requirement, but an expectation for customers to clear up after themselves. Don't let the fact that part of a persons job is to clear tables detract you from this point.

Your moral stance is that, because people are paid to tidy up after you, that it's completely fine to let them do it. So, feel free to leave crap on buses, trains, in shops, toilets, restaurants, cinemas, at work, etc. because, hey, you're keeping these people in a job. Right?

So let me ask you then, when you go out to a restaurant do you pile your plates up and take them back to the kitchen when you're finished of do you let the person who's paid to clear your table take them away? What's the difference?

I'm not expected to do it and I won't. Littering IS illegal. Dropping it on busses or in parks etc is an offense. It's NOT an offense to leave dirty empties on a table for the staff to clear up. If you can't tell the difference between common littering and this then I'm wasting my time.

By your analogy, if I go to a pub and refuse to take my empty glasses or crisp packet back to the bar and leave it on the table for the bar staff to clear up I'm somehow in the wrong yet millions of people do it and it's not considered abnormal behavior.
  • Options
    missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If it's not your job to clean up after yourself then by the same token it's not the responsibility of kfc to provide hot water for you to heat your baby's bottle with.
  • Options
    Admiral StarAdmiral Star Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why would you get your hands dirty? Push the tray into the lid , give the tray a bit if a shuffle and its all gone. Some of us have standards and clearing away after yourself in a fast food restaurant is the norm.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So let me ask you then, when you go out to a restaurant do you pile your plates up and take them back to the kitchen when you're finished of do you let the person who's paid to clear your table take them away? What's the difference?

I'm not expected to do it and I won't. Littering IS illegal. Dropping it on busses or in parks etc is an offense. It's NOT an offense to leave dirty empties on a table for the staff to clear up. If you can't tell the difference between common littering and this then I'm wasting my time.

McDonald's isn't a proper restaurant and that is reflected in the price. Or usually is.

If you've ever been to a proper restaurant before you'll notice that you're given these things called china plates and knives and forks. In McDonalds all that needs to be done is to stop off at the bin before you go and throw all your mess away.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

By your analogy, if I go to a pub and refuse to take.my empty glasses of crisp packet back to the bar and leave it on the table for the bar staff to clear up I'm somehow in the wrong yet millions of people do it and it's not considered abnormal behavior.

When you go to a restaurant do you que up at the counter to order your food, only to bring it back to your own table?
  • Options
    cyber_davcyber_dav Posts: 1,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malpasc wrote: »
    I don't think I could muster up the energy to be furious about a fast food "restaurant" to be honest.

Far worse things happen in life than someone messing up an order of cheap, rubbishy food.

tend to agree, rarely go there but the last time I went I was surprised how expensive the meals were.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you go to a restaurant do you que up at the counter to order your food, only to bring it back to your own table?

He probably sits there scowling and expects someone to come and serve him.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missy83 wrote: »
    If it's not your job to clean up after yourself then by the same token it's not the responsibility of kfc to provide hot water for you to heat your baby's bottle with.

EXACTLY.

I'm most alarmed, however, by the idea that being polite and doing things that you don't actually HAVE to do, but which are nice, considerate things to do, is "bow(ing) to made up social etiquette", rather than just, y'know, being nice and considerate.
  • Options
    cyber_davcyber_dav Posts: 1,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It would depend on the restaurant wouldn't it? Cavery's and buffets are self serve
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I do in supermarket cafes when I go for my lunch and I'm not expected to clear up after me in Asda so what's the difference?