Options

Israel v Northern Ireland

2»

Comments

• Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I look out for Ireland (family connection) and I'd rather see McCarthy back than Martin O'Neill, McCarthy's been there before, he has the international experience, and while O'Neill has had success elsewhere he seems to be a manager who needs to spend (can't do that at international level!) and I don't think he has adapted well to changes in top level football over the last few years. I think Sunderland would have stayed up even if he wasn't sacked due to their defence but they were still pretty dire
    Have to agree with you there, I would love to give Mick a go again... he was wrongly forced out the last time over the Saipan messing.

My memory always recalls watching him going off the game when Robbie Keane stuck the ball in the German net with about 2 minutes left in 2002 ... we also should have beat Spain that year too in the last 16. He seems to have loved his time managing the Irish side too.
  • Options
    singhss1singhss1 Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1andrew1 wrote: »

To me, this situation sounds like a one-off mess-up by Sky.

They have done this in the past when Ireland (I think both Irish) matches against Italy were not shown.
  • Options
    Nigel82Nigel82 Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    What are the chances of anyone showing the Turkey v NI match next Friday? I'll go out on a limb and make a prediction that it won't be shown, apart from maybe highlights in the local news. Hope to be proven wrong
  • Options
    Phoenix04Phoenix04 Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of next Friday's world cup qualifying playoffs seem to be shown either
  • Options
    Andy79Andy79 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Phoenix04 wrote: »
    None of next Friday's world cup qualifying playoffs seem to be shown either

First leg of Portugal vs Sweden is on Sky Sports
  • Options
    Nigel82Nigel82 Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Nigel82 wrote: »
    What are the chances of anyone showing the Turkey v NI match next Friday? I'll go out on a limb and make a prediction that it won't be shown, apart from maybe highlights in the local news. Hope to be proven wrong

Proven wrong .... Match is on Setanta Ireland .... http://www.setanta.com/ie/setanta-to-show-northern-ireland-v-turkey/. Now just to find someone who has Setanta Ireland :rolleyes: