EDL making their way to Woolwich tonight

Comments

• Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DomJolly wrote: »
    very predictable sadly

Of course they're quite right really. Surely the only suitable and just punishment for yesterday's terrible events is to slaughter a whole township of people who had absolutely nothing to do with said events? It's just common sense.
  • Options
    Lorelei LaFleurLorelei LaFleur Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where's the IRA when you need them?

They're busy in their cushy jobs in Stormont lording it over the law-abiding people of Northern Ireland and laughing in the faces of the families of the innocent men, women and children they murdered.
    Save a seat in the Commons for the guy with the machete - not a very palatable thought, is it?
    Well we have worse IRA murdering scum governing us in NI thanks to their twisted, evil, bloodthirsty supporters who cheered and revelled in every vile act of terror and who unashamedly voted them into power.
    It's happened to us, it can happen to you.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I don't. I think theyre cowards really.

If the EDL really want to fight Islamic extremism, why don't they join the forces and head out to Afghanistan?

Cos a fair better way to defend England is to aim yourself with a Stella and a quick bout of moronic chanting on the street corner....apparently.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ishina wrote: »
    And roll ups.
    Ciggies and pubs - sounds like Farage.
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are getting blown up and butchered in the street in the name of Islam and it's the EDL who are having a detrimental effect on community cohesion? People are preaching for the death of our soldiers and call for an end to democracy and despise our way of living but it's ok as they aren't speaking for the majority and anyone who speaks against it is a racist.

Yeah... I don't think i could come up with a more misplaced sense of blame if i tried.

Like that guy on the news last night from one of the muslim organisations trying to blame our foreign policy, really? So we should just let them get on with their repressive ass backwards tyranny whilst playing host to everyone who is desperate enough and able to flee?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are getting blown up and butchered in the street in the name of Islam and it's the EDL who are having a detrimental effect on community cohesion? People are preaching for the death of our soldiers and call for an end to democracy and despise our way of living but it's ok as they aren't speaking for the majority and anyone who speaks against it is a racist.

Yeah... I don't think i could come up with a more misplaced sense of blame if i tried.

Like that guy on the news last night from one of the muslim organisations trying to blame our foreign policy, really? So we should just let them get on with their repressive ass backwards tyranny whilst playing host to everyone who is desperate enough and able to flee?

It's this ridiculous 'us or them' blame game I don't get. Is is not possible to blass the violent savagery of those two AND the thuggish drunken antics of the EDL at the same time ?

You don't think the EDL don't have a negative effect on community cohesion ?
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

Don't you see that the way the EDL do things are not helping matters is throwing bottles at the police and causing trouble really helping the country.

The thing is The EDL is racist they don't give a flying f**k about England they just want a excuse to get drunk have a punch up and cause trouble and as most of them are banned from all football grounds or can't go because they know if they act that way they will be they are now using this as a excuse to do it.

They are happy when stuff like yesterday happens as it gives them just the excuse they want they wait everyday for it.

Yes the extremist Muslims are murdering scum bags and TBH I wish they had just been killed yesterday but that would have made them martyrs and that is the last thing we need but like the EDL they don't speak for the majority.

The World would be a much better and happier place without the lot of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    It's this ridiculous 'us or them' blame game I don't get. Is is not possible to blass the violent savagery of those two AND the thuggish drunken antics of the EDL at the same time ?

You don't think the EDL don't have a negative effect on community cohesion ?

I dont really care what they do, it's like blaming the dog for barking because someone broke into your house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dont really care what they do, it's like blaming the dog for barking because someone broke into your house.

No it really isn't it's more like kicking the cr@p out of a random person because they resemble the person that broke into your house but they don't even have to resemble that person any person will do.

Plus all EDL members don't have the brain power of a dog
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you don't care that the EDL turn up and throw bottles at the police ? Each to there own....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it really isn't it's more like kicking the cr@p out of a random person because they resemble the person that broke into your house but they don't even have to resemble that person any person will do.

Plus all EDL members don't have the brain power of a dog

If you want to continue along this little point scoring exercise i'm pretty sure butchering a man in the street is way above anything the EDL have ever done and you can thank Anjem Choudary and his little band of miscreants for their stunts in the creation of the EDL.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to continue along this little point scoring exercise i'm pretty sure butchering a man in the street is way above anything the EDL have ever done.

No one said it isn't, but it's rather sad if turning up and throwing bottles at the police is now acceptable behaviour to some. No one disputes the EDL have a right to protest, I always support there right to protest peacefully, but is it really too much to expect them to do so without getting pissed all the time ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you want to continue along this little point scoring exercise i'm pretty sure butchering a man in the street is way above anything the EDL have ever done and you can thank Anjem Choudary and his little band of miscreants for their stunts in the creation of the EDL.

Not really idiots like that are always waiting for a excuse if there were no Muslims in England at all they would find another target and excuse to do it.

20 years ago they were doing because someone supported a different football team.

Thing is the most people the EDL have been violent towards is White people trying to defend their home towns from them.
  • Options
    FieldfareFieldfare Posts: 2,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are completely deluded if you believe that there are only two sides to and we have to pick between religious fundamentalists or the edl. I am revolted by both of them and I pick neither. You don't need to know my religious, cultural, political or ethnic background to validate this position.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how the victim was chosen; simply because he was wearing a help for heroes t-shirt?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand how the victim was chosen; simply because he was wearing a help for heroes t-shirt?

That's the inference but I suspect we won't know until the trial for sure.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    That's the inference but I suspect we won't know until the trial for sure.

I call BS. There must've been some sort of intelligence and/or surveillance prior.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fieldfare wrote: »
    You are completely deluded if you believe that there are only two sides to and we have to pick between religious fundamentalists or the edl. I am revolted by both of them and I pick neither. You don't need to know my religious, cultural, political or ethnic background to validate this position.

Noone said there were only two sides or that you should choose one but there is a problem with fundamentalism that is growing and spreading and it's all well and fine saying they don't speak or act for the majority but you can't ignore it as all you are doing is giving the EDL a platform and if you dont want the EDL in your street then someone else should start doing the talking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I

I call BS. There must've been some sort of intelligence and/or surveillance prior.

I'm reminded of the words of Patrick Magee, after the Brighton bombing..."Today we were unlucky, but remember, we only have to be lucky once; you will have to be lucky always." IF these guys planned this on there own, no contact with anyone else then it would be hard for the authorities to get visibility of them.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Video, including racial abuse, bottle-chucking and assorted other twattery.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »
    I don't have Facebook but my Dad does, and as you would expect his wall is full of moronic mass hysteria. Including a picture of the EDL labeled "go on guys make England proud!" and a suggestion we blow up a whole Afghan town in revenge. :rolleyes:

This is why I don't have Facebook.

Yes I logged in this morning and one thing I noticed was that the people that can't seem to be able to spell let alone write a complete sentence are the ones spouting the racist comments and showing their ignorance in blaming all Muslims. I read one comment about how Woolwich mosque was likely to targeted on Friday and someone suggested throwing bacon at them as they went to Friday Prayers.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Erica CartmanErica Cartman Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDL must have been so happy when they heard about this attack. Very sick bunch of people.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The EDL are puppets with the terrorists pulling the strings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I borrowed this from a thread in politics but it seemed worth repeating....
    swingaleg wrote: »
    The incident in Woolwich was terrible but was it intrinsically any worse than the one in Manchester where the white man lured two policewomen into a trap and blew them up ?

Why weren't the EDL on the streets of Manchester looking to beat up a few white men ?
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    What for?

The attackers were shot and are now in hospital.

Or are the EDL using this incident as an opportunity to terrorise innocent Muslims?

I was wondering that. There's absolutely no point in anyone going there, as the attackers are in hospital, under police custody.
    Moggio wrote: »
    Less 'standing up for England' and more 'acting like a bunch of *****'.

Yes, absolutely. Using a horrific attack to promote their own agenda.
    Just as the majority of Muslims dont support what those two did today, I hope the EDL realise that the majority of Britain dont support their hate towards muslims.

I hope so too, but I'm not sure they have the intelligence to realise that about either the majority of Muslims, or the majority of Britain.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22344054

same innocent Muslims probably?

Obviously not. But those don't represent all Muslims, just as the IRA did not represent most Irish Republicans.
    Stellen11 wrote: »
    The EDL are the only people brave enough to do what most of us would like but are too scared to.

Disagree.
    ...Most people outside their work place or in private secretly admire the fact that the EDL exists but are naturally too scared to say it in public for fear of losing their job etc

Disagree.
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    No. The waste of space EDL and their supporters certainly don't represent me or anyone else I know they are rightly ridiculed and laughed at for not having a brain cell between them

Agree :)