Options

Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock

Comments

• Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..In better news it looks like Bloodstock will be hot & sunny for the whole 4 days!!!

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/WALCOTT-GIBBS-PATTY-CAKE.gif
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Female and heavy as f**k - Pharmakon
    What did I just listen to! :eek:
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    ..Sadly the amount of Women I see at Metal gigs in England has dropped over the years, back in 2003 when I saw Dimmu Borgir play at the Astoria the women outnumbered the men significantly, nowadays you just get a coupled dragged along by their boyfriends.

Were they, by any chance, Thrash & Death gigs? I'm asking because those sub genres appear to contain the largest number of sexist & macho pricks.

The way women are depicted in Metal videos doesn't exactly help either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ..In better news it looks like Bloodstock will be hot & sunny for the whole 4 days!!!

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/WALCOTT-GIBBS-PATTY-CAKE.gif

Link's broken.

Not too hot, I hope. I was hoping for cool but dry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    When i see tour dates, i always think of Electra and check for Newcastle. :(

Awww :o
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Alice in Chains is pleased to announce the addition of several UK tour dates this Fall with special guest Ghost. Tickets go on sale this Friday, July 12. Date and venue information below:

Nov 9 - London Alexandra Palace - London, UK
    Nov 10 - Leeds 02 Academy - Leeds, UK
    Nov 11 - Manchester Academy - Manchester, UK
    Nov 13 - Birmingham 02 Academy - Birmingham, UK
    Nov 14 - Glasgow 02 Academy - Glasgow, UK
    Nov 15 - Newport Centre - Newport, UK

Seems an odd pairing. Ghost have been going down like a lead balloon when supporting Iron Maiden recently. God knows what AIC fans will make of them.

I actually bought Infestissumam by Ghost after hearing them, they remind of a late 60's type band, just without the peace and love lyrics
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    I actually bought Infestissumam by Ghost after hearing them, they remind of a late 60's type band, just without the peace and love lyrics

They sound like Blue Oyster Cult.

Tbh, I actually like their sound but I just find the whole 'hidden identities' thing so contrived & they're so hyped, that it puts me off. I've been watching more of their recent live stuff & they do use pre-recorded vocal tracks. For me that's a deal breaker. It puts them in the same bracket as the likes of Cheryl Cole. or Rihanna.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I rather like this. A one man band from Malta, of all places.

Apotheosis - Farthest From The Sun (Full Album)

Nice & atmospheric :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I went to watch Clutch to night at HMV Ritz Manchester, it was possibly the best gig I have been to, every song was a winner imo. Neil Fallon may not say much between songs, but by god he makes eye contact with people when he is singing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I went to watch Clutch to night at HMV Ritz Manchester, it was possibly the best gig I have been to, every song was a winner imo. Neil Fallon may not say much between songs, but by god he makes eye contact with people when he is singing

Ah, so happy you enjoyed it, after all the anticipation. :)

Yeah, I love front men (or any band members) who actually communicate with the audience during songs. It shows that they appreciate the people who have made the effort to see them. Far too many of them do that 'I'm a rock god, worship me' thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a short video from last night, I am not really in to videoing at gigs at it means I have to stand still, that's why its short http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGTgqV-5qz4&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They sound like Blue Oyster Cult.

Tbh, I actually like their sound but I just find the whole 'hidden identities' thing so contrived & they're so hyped, that it puts me off. I've been watching more of their recent live stuff & they do use pre-recorded vocal tracks. For me that's a deal breaker. It puts them in the same bracket as the likes of Cheryl Cole. or Rihanna.

I've read from a very respected tour manager that this sort of thing happens more than you'd think. Backing tracks and whatnot. Totally not rock and roll. Not cool.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    a short video from last night, I am not really in to videoing at gigs at it means I have to stand still, that's why its short http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGTgqV-5qz4&feature=youtu.be

That was great! :D Short but very sweet. Fantastic audience reaction. Looks like you all had a great time :)
    I've read from a very respected tour manager that this sort of thing happens more than you'd think. Backing tracks and whatnot. Totally not rock and roll. Not cool.
    Do you mean on the vocals or generally? I'd hope most metal/hard rock bands don't use vocal tracks. I've been watching quite a bit of Ghost's recent live stuff on Youtube & realised that, while I could hear chorals & backing vocals, it was blatantly obvious that only Papa has a mic & even then, there are times when it sounds like he may be singing over a recorded version of himself & other times when he doesn't appear to be singing at all, yet we can hear him.

Here's Ghost supporting Iron Maiden at the weekend. Pay special attention to 2:50 ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDs5uIgwSso

I know Sabaton are using backing keys but that's out of necessity , as the keyboard player left suddenly & they haven't had time to replace him, due to touring commitments. They've been very open about that. The alternative would've been to tie Joakim to the keyboard all night & no Sabaton fan would want that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A present for dodger :)

CLUTCH-Earth Rocker-Live@ The Ritz,Manchester

He's a showman. I LOVE showmen :D

There's quite a few uploads now, if you want to look.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A present for dodger :)

CLUTCH-Earth Rocker-Live@ The Ritz,Manchester

He's a showman. I LOVE showmen :D

There's quite a few uploads now, if you want to look.

that's a great vid, cheers for that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Ahhh, I miss Slipknot when they were so fresh & different.
    I'm gonna listen to ALL of their albums right now :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Rather you than me, mate :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The first couple of albums are blinding. Full of rage and bile. Then they got rich and didn't have anything to be pissed off about.

I may have mentioned this before, but the same goes for Eminem.
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was at the Rock City gig on Tuesday! It was immense! Stormin'! Epic!!1!

Well, the sounds started off pretty shite but soon sorted itself out, best albu of the year and best show of the year for me. Even my husband who doesnt like my kind of tunes was blown away :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at the Rock City gig on Tuesday! It was immense! Stormin'! Epic!!1!

Well, the sounds started off pretty shite but soon sorted itself out, best albu of the year and best show of the year for me. Even my husband who doesnt like my kind of tunes was blown away :D

Have to agree:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Turisas have released another new album track onto Youtube today. It's not like their earlier Battle Metal but I kinda like it anyway :)

Turisas - Into The Free
  • Options
    Forum Member
    According to RTL, Varg Vikernes (a.k.a. Count Grishnackh) — the BURZUM mastermind who served a Norwegian prison term for the August 1993 murder of MAYHEM guitarist Oystein Aarseth (a.k.a. Euronymous) — was arrested this morning (Tuesday, July) 16 near the town of Salon-la-Tour, a commune in the Corrèze department in central France, on suspicion of planning a "massacre."

Full Story
  • Options
    debidebi Posts: 3,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like that. It's kinda Stoner. Good luck to them :)

Speaking of Stoner, I rather like this Norwegian band
    Svölk - Miss Alcohol

Cheers Electra, much appreciated, happy to say King Creature are the most watched and highest rated in the Marshall Amp Ultimate Band competition! If anyone cares to 'like' them on youtube or facebook, they would be very grateful!! Thanks again :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oKzzowgM-8

http://marshall.licklibrary.com/entrants
  • Options
    Forum Member
    According to RTL, Varg Vikernes (a.k.a. Count Grishnackh) — the BURZUM mastermind who served a Norwegian prison term for the August 1993 murder of MAYHEM guitarist Oystein Aarseth (a.k.a. Euronymous) — was arrested this morning (Tuesday, July) 16 near the town of Salon-la-Tour, a commune in the Corrèze department in central France, on suspicion of planning a "massacre."

Full Story

The Varg story's now gone mainstream. Interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23327165
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first couple of albums are blinding. Full of rage and bile. Then they got rich and didn't have anything to be pissed off about.

I may have mentioned this before, but the same goes for Eminem.

Just watched the highlights from Download this year on Sky Arts. It showed two Slipknot songs. One was utterly terrible. Souless, radio fodder.

Then they showed Gently. Oh my. It was pretty wonderful. One of my favourite songs of theirs and it sounded incredible. So moody. That's more like he Slipknot that I like.