Options

Talksport Chat (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,073
    Forum Member
    Graham Westley - certainly does talk a good game and has done well at Stevenage in the past.

However a lot of fans don't like his tactics (mainly be physical and long ball stuff)* and some of his antics (getting teams to time-waste and often in the faces of other managers) but TBF Peterborough certainly looked a good side last night.

*Of which in reality there is nothing wrong with if played well or within the spirit of the game.
  • Options
    old oakold oak Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Caught fifteen minutes of the Posh boss on Drive and what a decent and smart guy he sounded. Did not catch his name but he talks well and if he can manage a team as well as he an present himself then he will go far.

Suggest you check out his history especially his time at Farnborough Town,then check out the Posh owner ....birds of a feather springs to mind.
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Durhams team pumped tonight, but why was it on BBC 1 & 5live, plus TS 1 ..... ??? :confused:

Felt sorry for Peterborough players and fans after a really good effort last night but certainly don't feel in any way sorry for Dungham hope it hurts like hell. I know it sounds mean spirited but he doesn't care about others when he's constantly slagging them off on his rotten show.

Hey Durham,
    Penalty shoot-outs are they all that?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan sounding excited this morning at the rumour going around that wee Jose's on his way into Old Trafford, don't know what others on here think but I think he's made for the place. Brazil's pal Colin Warnock is odds-on favourite with the bookies for the Rotherham job but all Colin would answer back to questions put to him by Brazil about the Rotherham job was "no comment". [the clues are there as David Frost used to say]

Wednesday fans have warmed to Warnock in recent years since he quit Bumhole Lane [sorry I meant Bramall Lane] he's been very complementary about Sheffield Wednesday and I think Owls fans would like to see Colin again bringing his new Rotherham team to Hillsborough on March 5th where he's always guaranteed a 'warm' welcome from the home fans!!.

I hope he takes the job, the Millers are in a mess at the moment and need something extra to keep them up, I think he could do it, it'd only be for the remainder of the season but if could keep them up he'd have done his job.

I think he'll take it.
  • Options
    HANDJFANHANDJFAN Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    I think it's the bit I've highlighted in your post plus obviously they hammer him day and night so why would he want to go on it, and the more he ignores them the more they hammer him even further.
    I find it really weird that people are interested in all that stuff. It doesn't interest me in the slightest. I suppose TS have to fill their schedules with something, so managers who create needless controversy are good value.

But I find Mourinho a completely distasteful character, who almost without exception talks out of his bumhole and whose teams play awful football.

Also, he's the only manager I've ever heard say "I won this, I won that" as opposed to "we won this". Here is one example:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5104357/Jose-Mourinho-loses-plot-over-Pep-talk.html
  • Options
    RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez sick of the fake man utd fans calling, these callers are obviously man city fans winding up the presenters. There needs to be some test to see if you are really a fan of a club and not a wind up call, before you are put to air. Enough is enough city fans it's getting really boring no man utd wants to keep lvg he's a old has been manager.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep Westley pretty much known as a total shit in the lower Leagues.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Felt sorry for Peterborough players and fans after a really good effort last night but certainly don't feel in any way sorry for Dungham hope it hurts like hell. I know it sounds mean spirited but he doesn't care about others when he's constantly slagging them off on his rotten show.

Hey Durham,
    Penalty shoot-outs are they all that?.

Couldn't agree more Billy, as Bangla & yourself said about Quinn & the Moose, I feel the same ! ............ Just glad Bangla never said my English team ( Pompey ) or he was getting the good auld Glesga kiss ! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the attention of the old guard still around tonight I have been in contact with our old friend [our old banned friend] Mr K Bola the Leyton Orient fan, we had sort of lost contact but he got in touch the other day and tonight I got back.

He's doing ok, he still insists he did nothing wrong to get banned but it's all water under the bridge now I guess I wish though he was still here he was a lot of fun on these pages. I filled him in on who's still left out of the old rearguard, he still reads the pages occasionally so I suppose he already knew who was still here.

Listened again today to a sizeable chunk of Monday night's Saggers & Collymore show, it really was good if anyone didn't hear it and fancies it, they really laid it wide open how greedy the football clubs are these days it's deffo worth a listen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Graham Hunter must be a big fan of Gary Neville - really stood up for him when Goldstien said Neville has been a disaster and deserved to be sacked..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Private message waiting for a Mr Sleeper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Colin Warnock officially in as new Rotherham United manager.

until the end of the season.
  • Options
    JayDee279JayDee279 Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    Graham Hunter must be a big fan of Gary Neville - really stood up for him when Goldstien said Neville has been a disaster and deserved to be sacked..
    Typical Gold "steen" .... insists on making Hunter predict what will happen at the end of the season and then suggests that he "apologise" to him on air if it turns out he guessed wrong. Dear God in heaven, who DOES he think he is?
  • Options
    old oakold oak Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Colin Warnock officially in as new Rotherham United manager.

until the end of the season.

Will give Colin a special wave when I'm up there in 2 weeks.Money for old rope there must be better and younger out there he's made his money had his glory should get back to his tractor and enjoy retirement.
  • Options
    Mallory99Mallory99 Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »

That fool can only dream of achieving what Graham Hunter has.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    True - Goldstein does like to "bet" it seems on the show.

Fits in well with the general attitude I guess of Talksport!

Of course I highly doubt Valencia will go down and the owner probably won't sack Neville because the contract is only for another 2/3 months...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old oak wrote: »
    Will give Colin a special wave when I'm up there in 2 weeks.Money for old rope there must be better and younger out there he's made his money had his glory should get back to his tractor and enjoy retirement.

I agree he should retire and enjoy the life he's got left along with his wife and family but he's got it in his blood and can't give it up poor bloke. I've been suggesting he just might be the spark they need for what's left of this season, they're not that bad a side, beating Hull and Brighton proves it I hope they stay up with Colin's help.

Warnock gets verbally SAVAGED whenever he visits Hillsborough for obvious reasons, he'll be getting it in a couple of weeks now when he fetches his Millers, but bless him he's great about it and waves back at the crowd joining in.
  • Options
    RightHandPillarRightHandPillar Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    I know it sounds mean spirited...

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D:D:D

>>> http://bit.ly/1O6yJkA <<<
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Brazil Not Promoting Ford Ranger Wildtrak. ;-)

>>> http://bit.ly/1QZGihF <<<
  • Options
    swfcforeverswfcforever Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    I wonder if anyone (Billy ;-)) has a copy of when Alan Brazil did his Sunday Lunchtime show, with Warnock and called him Colin :p. Would make me smile and cheer me up :D. Thank You
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if anyone (Billy ;-)) has a copy of when Alan Brazil did his Sunday Lunchtime show, with Warnock and called him Colin :p. Would make me smile and cheer me up :D. Thank You

Haven't got it mate sorry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In conversation next door about the new station starting up and got the following response printed below which amused me but it's perfectly true.

"So let me get this right... Talksport currently consists of 60-70% adverts, sound bites, previews to shows, replays of shows, replays of interviews, chatting the same conversation to every bookie in Britain just a different representative from a different bookie at a different time of day and WICKES VOUCHERS, and they're making a new station?

God help me it's going to be an abomination."
  • Options
    GordonGordonGordonGordon Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind the adverts but please get rid of the recordings of random interviews with the presenters. I know them of by heart now! Excessively used in my opinion.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,596
    Forum Member
    Can some kind soul clarify something for me please?
    If Chelsea somehow win the CL and Manchester United win the Europe league will that mean that only the top two in the EPL will qualify for next seasons CL?
This discussion has been closed.