Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »

Yeah, not many people know why I love her so much, but basically I never knew what an album was before her and also i never listened to at all unless it was on the radio. Literally i can't remember my life or what i did before Alexandra! She has basically changed my life and i'm not even joking.

And at a party apparently i cried because I never saw her at the all night long tour and thought i never would because heartbreak on hold flopped. And i got shit for it for weeks but I let it go! ;) So seeing her live really is a big deal for me! :)
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Different wrote: »
    Yeah, not many people know why I love her so much, but basically I never knew what an album was before her and also i never listened to at all unless it was on the radio. Literally i can't remember my life or what i did before Alexandra! She has basically changed my life and i'm not even joking.

And at a party apparently i cried because I never saw her at the all night long tour and thought i never would because heartbreak on hold flopped. And i got shit for it for weeks but I let it go! ;) So seeing her live really is a big deal for me! :)

It's quite an intimate venue so you'll be really close to her, especially if you try and get near the front, so that should be a great experience for you....that story is so sweet, Alex may not have a lot of people on side at the moment, but her fans are dedicated when it comes to it...

I just hope she gets a move on with new music because it feels like HOH came out two years ago or something...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    i'm going for it
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a sad state of affairs when Alex doing a tribute to Billy Holiday is the announcement. The fact that she's so excited about it and that her brother tweeted about it being an announcement makes me think that there's no U.S plans. You wouldn't get this excited over a bloody Billy Holiday tribute if you had bigger fish to fry in the pipeline. Unfortunately, I don't think things are looking good. I reckon the next thing we'lll hear from her music-wise, will be another UK single. It will flop as nothing as been done to rectify the issues and problems that were plaguing her career last time around. I don't really know what to say.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a sad state of affairs when Alex doing a tribute to Billy Holiday is the announcement. The fact that she's so excited about it and that her brother tweeted about it being an announcement makes me think that there's no U.S plans. You wouldn't get this excited over a bloody Billy Holiday tribute if you had bigger fish to fry in the pipeline. Unfortunately, I don't think things are looking good. I reckon the next thing will hear from her music-wise, will be another UK single. It will flop as nothing as been done to rectify the issues and problems that were plaguing her career last time around. I don't really know what to say.

I agree. Concerned for her career now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she had decent US plans and good backing she'd be more excited + focused on that... the fact that this billy holiday rubbish is so exciting for her just shows that her US plans aren't that big or exciting.. Quite sad.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Different wrote: »
    H bought heartbreak on hold like 10 times which i give my friends as an extra birthday present :) plus i bought the deluxe edition on itunes. I had all the singles physical and digital (bar the silence, let it go and elephant)

I had have a book and overcome normal version 3 times and deluxe one also i have them both digitally! also i have a phone case and a tour book that i bought off my friend which got to go! :) loon to the max haha

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpmpgdr0v91qc93th.gif
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Billy holiday is a legend and an icon. All your favourite "real" singers sight her as an inspiration. This thing at the RAH is cute. Fans get to see her live, general public get to appreciate her voice without it be drained out by uninspiring dance productions. It's cute.

Plus if she can sell out those 4 days it will prove to the powers that be that people are still interested in her as an artists especially as a touring one which is where the money is at for both the artist and the record company. This seems strategic to me but on the flip side I need more news when it comes to music. Some pictures in the studio with producers and writers with clout will go a long way to keeping us fans hopes up. See how Kelly was just in the studio with pharrel and wiz khalifa and jlo was just in the studio with Chris brown. Just something to get everyone excited for the album.

I'll try go to the show. I love Alex so I'll do my best.

Ps. I read in the DM that pixie lotts next album wouldn't be pop it'll be Motown inspired its more her she claims lol
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Shayeeee wrote: »
    Billy holiday is a legend and an icon. All your favourite "real" singers sight her as an inspiration. This thing at the RAH is cute. Fans get to see her live, general public get to appreciate her voice without it be drained out by uninspiring dance productions. It's cute.

Plus if she can sell out those 4 days it will prove to the powers that be that people are still interested in her as an artists especially as a touring one which is where the money is at for both the artist and the record company. This seems strategic to me but on the flip side I need more news when it comes to music. Some pictures in the studio with producers and writers with clout will go a long way to keeping us fans hopes up. See how Kelly was just in the studio with pharrel and wiz khalifa and jlo was just in the studio with Chris brown. Just something to get everyone excited for the album.

I'll try go to the show. I love Alex so I'll do my best.

Ps. I read in the DM that pixie lotts next album wouldn't be pop it'll be Motown inspired its more her she claims lol

This. It´s special to her because she has her idols. She has to walk before she can run again. Also I don´t think her album is done. We´ll see, she has been recording a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really so bothered about what she is doing, infact, I would like to go and watch.. it's just I think she needs to stop getting our hopes up about US plans etc.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not really so bothered about what she is doing, infact, I would like to go and watch.. it's just I think she needs to stop getting our hopes up about US plans etc.

The Grape Juice wrote in that article posted earlier about this tribute thing that this album she is recording is serving as her US debut, she might have told them that.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    let it go didn't deserve to not make the top 10... it's a tune lol i love most of HOH tbh

underrated album for sure and that's what most people say about the album
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Alexandra/her label/her management whom ever need to do everything within their power to get Alex a slot on this chime for change concert at the Twickenham stadium that Beyonce is headlining. It's a concert based on the charity CFC that Gucci are heading up and it will broadcasted all over the world.

SHAWDY NEEDS NEEDS NEEEEEEDS TO BE ON THE LINEUP!!!!!!

Anybody in her camp/team/family sees this, sort this please!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly believe if Overcome was released in the US when planned.. Bad Boys would have been #1 on billboard hot 100! Not even joking i'm sure of it! Back in 09/10 radio would have loved it and Flo Rida would have helped it loads!! Such a shame!

Overcome is a great album - especially the ballads/mids (Overcome, Gotta Go etc)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    The Grape Juice wrote in that article posted earlier about this tribute thing that this album she is recording is serving as her US debut, she might have told them that.

She probably did, though we already knew that didn't we? I imagine it's being funded by her US label, since RCA UK are broke, so it's only natural they'll want a return on their investment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    I'm just glad she's doing this residency. I think it must be something her new management/US label would have pushed for as part of rehabilitating her image and possibly prepping for her new sound. Crucially though, I think this sort of PR is what she needs to win the industry powers that be. Her image has improved in leaps and bounds and quite frankly, I've not seen one bad comment about her doing this residency..
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Gomz wrote: »
    I'm just glad she's doing this residency. I think it must be something her new management/US label would have pushed for as part of rehabilitating her image and possibly prepping for her new sound. Crucially though, I think this sort of PR is what she needs to win the industry powers that be. Her image has improved in leaps and bounds and quite frankly, I've not seen one bad comment about her doing this residency..

except for this thread :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Beyoncé did more for Alex's career than I realised...she set Alex up with a lot of influential people so I don't know what happened in 2011....it must have been something serious to go from being managed by RocNation to shafted with a budget album and a basic as hell team at RCA UK.

Either way, this 3rd album will ultimately decide the fate of her career for the time being. If it flops, it will take a miracle for her to return to success, but if it does well, she could be set up for so much more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is there a way of getting tickets for this thing by phone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't give a shit if she doesn't release in the UK ever again our music industry is absolutely shit i'd rather her keep well away!! She needs to just focus on the US completely!! Forget about the UK!!
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    o/t but i love stooshe's new song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Alex doing a song like Can't Be Tamed would be really cool, I can see her really rocking that pop/rock edge on a couple of tracks...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I think Alex doing a song like Can't Be Tamed would be really cool, I can see her really rocking that pop/rock edge on a couple of tracks...

Yes! Completely agree this is definitely the direction she needs to go, mixed with big soul/motown style ballads. Basically, she needs to do her MJ tribute concert style music - Burke style Scream and bring it like the goddess she is.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    o/t but i love stooshe's new song.

I love it too, I stan for them...:)

I agree with PostBox and I think she should also write a couple of tracks on this album too...
This discussion has been closed.