Options

Coronation Street, Maria, Marcus and Todd (Spoliers)

Comments

• Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    I know, I was being facetious ;-)

I find SG a mediocre actress so I never really engage that much in her SLs. They all seem to be laden with doom and it gets tedious; Off the top of my head, I remember still birth, Liam dying, all the Tony Gordon stuff, and now Marcus and Todd. Then, when she hasn't got her tragedy mask on, she just fades into the background. There's no range; it's either misery for her or nothing at all.

What about when she was supporting Carla during her rape? That was doom but it wasn't her doom? As is said she is quite underused which probably contributes to why some think she is dull. The storylines you mentioned are her recent ones and she has been in corrie since 2000.
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    What about when she was supporting Carla during her rape? That was doom but it wasn't her doom? As is said she is quite underused which probably contributes to why some think she is dull. The storylines you mentioned are her recent ones and she has been in corrie since 2000.

I can't remember anything major she did back in the day, just a lot of run-of-the-mill failed romance SLs.

Average in Carla's rape SL, but then it wasn't meant to be focused on her anyway. In supporting/background roles she's alright, but when it comes to centre-stage, she's a let-down. Like I say, I find her a mediocre actress; she's ok, but not up there as one of the best Corrie's got. Going by her past performances, I'm not hopeful that this break-down stuff will blow me away, but there's a first time for everything. Actually, I'll be pleasantly surprised if I turn out to be wrong and she's upped her game since.
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    No, that's true. I suppose if Maria was arrogant enough to believe that she'd somehow 'turned' him with her new plastic norks, more fool her.:(

I still think Marcus can be faulted though for effectively leading her on because of his strong desire to have a kid of his own. >:(

Yeah I do blame Marcus for this one, in my opinion Maria has been very naiive in entering into the relationship also, she has her head in the clouds, but Marcus made it known, very clearly, that this is what he wanted?!?

I don't particularly like Maria, and previously thought Marcus was decent, BUT we knew this wouldn't end well..

Poor Liam :cry:
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg please let Maria have another nervous breakdown. Her post Liam's death one was great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember anything major she did back in the day, just a lot of run-of-the-mill failed romance SLs.

Average in Carla's rape SL, but then it wasn't meant to be focused on her anyway. In supporting/background roles she's alright, but when it comes to centre-stage, she's a let-down. Like I say, I find her a mediocre actress; she's ok, but not up there as one of the best Corrie's got. Going by her past performances, I'm not hopeful that this break-down stuff will blow me away, but there's a first time for everything. Actually, I'll be pleasantly surprised if I turn out to be wrong and she's upped her game since.

I don't really remember all her back stories either but I thought she was fantastic during the still birth, Liam death and Tony saga. For me it was great to see finally take centre stage, if I remember correctly Maria had a mini break down when Liam died and tried to run down Tony??

Didn't Maria also play a part in Charlie's murder?? I'm sure I remember her testifying in court??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for Marcus to leave
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really remember all her back stories either but I thought she was fantastic during the still birth, Liam death and Tony saga. For me it was great to see finally take centre stage, if I remember correctly Maria had a mini break down when Liam died and tried to run down Tony??

Didn't Maria also play a part in Charlie's murder?? I'm sure I remember her testifying in court??

She did, and that trying to expose Tony stuff had potential, mainly due to Gray O'Brien's fab performance, but that all went to hell when the dynamic changed into another doomed (and totally unbelievable) romance.

Considering her affair with him set Tracy off down the murder route, sh probably did testify in court. Last clear memory I have of her was her standing with Jason at Charlie's hospital bed sobbing (surprise, surprise!!) when he died.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did, and that trying to expose Tony stuff had potential, mainly due to Gray O'Brien's fab performance, but that all went to hell when the dynamic changed into another doomed (and totally unbelievable) romance.

Considering her affair with him set Tracy off down the murder route, sh probably did testify in court. Last clear memory I have of her was her standing with Jason at Charlie's hospital bed sobbing (surprise, surprise!!) when he died.

Oh I think Samia held her own during Maria's mini breakdown and while I in a twisted kind of way actually liked Maria and Tony together it would have been better to see Maria's down would spiral continue while trying to manage her pregnancy. But with Alison Kings pregnancy and then Samia's I think that storyline went through many changes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well they said it's going to be 'explosive' but then again they always are apparently!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is that you, Anthony Cotton?
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love that way that Todd is playing them

Marcus is being honeysuckled and marias being lined up for a quick burial
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that way that Todd is playing them

Marcus is being honeysuckled and marias being lined up for a quick burial

He sure is!

You can just imagine him smirking at Maria, when she catches him and Marcus.
    Todd could say: "It's not what it looks like! Oh, actually, it is what it looks like!"

And follow that up by wiping his chin.:D
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He sure is!

Todd could say: "It's not what it looks like! Oh, actually, it is what it looks like!"

Chuckles

LOL
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    I'm actually liking new Todd, people do change over time and often for the worst. Definitely one of the few things worth watching at the moment.

Me too. I don't even care if it's realistic that he's changed I just love him like this :cool:
    He sure is!

:D Todd is possibly the only character ever to be able to get away with a smirk and manage to make me love him even more for it.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Poor Maria. :(

Heartbroken in love again. :kitty:
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going by the spoilers thread it looks as though the next few months are filled with
    "triangle" stories.
  • Options
    fruitbasedfruitbased Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Faced with the prospect of this s/l, I think I now understand those who felt they wouldn't be able to 'face' watching Hayley's demise. I don't believe I have ever been more offended than by 'Maria''s and 'Marcus'' """"acting""""; the thought of their respective guilt and anguish is nauseating. That said, I'm loving new Todd. I don't find his character unrealistic as he has been gone a good while, and as another poster said, people really do change, and sometimes for the smallest reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Going by the spoilers thread it looks as though the next few months are filled with
    "triangle" stories.

Well this is corrie we're talking about.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    There are a lot of soap characters that I absolutely loathe. There are a lot that I really like. There are very few, though, that are just boring. Maria is, however, one of them. The problem with this is that I just don't care one way or the other what happens to her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    There are a lot of soap characters that I absolutely loathe. There are a lot that I really like. There are very few, though, that are just boring. Maria is, however, one of them. The problem with this is that I just don't care one way or the other what happens to her.

Well she's about to get a good storyline that will change Maria forever, so I don't think she will be boring any more. Besides i don't think she is boring just under used.
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Todd not go elsewhere to look for a boyfriend, is he too lazy to look outside the Street for a partner, just like his brother? Also, what's the big attraction with Marcus, nice guy, but he's hardly Brad Pitt!:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she's about to get a good storyline that will change Maria forever, so I don't think she will be boring any more. Besides i don't think she is boring just under used.

bib 1: Maria? Good storyline?:D:D

bib 2: Is she joining a convent?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does Todd not go elsewhere to look for a boyfriend, is he too lazy to look outside the Street for a partner, just like his brother? Also, what's the big attraction with Marcus, nice guy, but he's hardly Brad Pitt!:confused:

Err because it's corrie?:confused: No one seems to have a life or a job outside of weatherfield!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bib 1: Maria? Good storyline?:D:D

bib 2: Is she joining a convent?

1. Yes
    2. No

:)