Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen this?! Their BEST Salute performance EVER. They're so strong live, I can't wait to see them at the O2 in May.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIWSK9_fjZQ

They're so great. I just need two more dials up in energy and sharpness from Perrie with some of those moves (she did really well in Bethlehem and Anaheim, those are two performances that stick out in my memory for some reason). But otherwise all perfection. I hope they do stream at least one of their O2 shows for those who might never see it.
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're so great. I just need two more dials up in energy and sharpness from Perrie with some of those moves (she did really well in Bethlehem and Anaheim, those are two performances that stick out in my memory for some reason). But otherwise all perfection. I hope they do stream at least one of their O2 shows for those who might never see it.

And that is why Salute should be the next single. But I hope they do a Salute tour DVD this time around. BTW, I love how they perfected the shout out to the city they're in during Salute, I noticed they first started doing that a few shows in. Its little things like that helping to perfect their showmanship.

The album has taken a big jump in the UK iTunes list, I wonder if its some shadow effect from the Sport Relief campaign awareness?

Album: Salute

#142 United Kingdom (+126)
    #149 United States (+33)
  • Options
    JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With release day fast approaching, it's time for the return of #Predicta! (© casualviewer)

Place your predictions of where Word Up! will debut next week, with sales figures as well. Don't forget to use the #WordUpPredicta

Other releases that week:

Chase & Status feat Ed Thomas – Blk & Blu
    Duke Dumont feat Jax Jones - I Got U
    Example – Kids Again
    Foster The People - Coming Of Age
    George Ezra – Cassy O'
    George Michael – Let Her Down Easy
    Goldfrapp - Thea
    Jagwar Ma – Uncertainty
    London Grammar - Hey Now
    Nicholas McDonald – Answerphone
    Picturehouse - Rules Of Science
    Toy – Its Been So Long
    Trey Songz - Na Na
    VV Brown feat Kele Okereke – Faith

Predictions so far:

Nissl #6, 41k

Casualviewer #6, 40k

Old mixer #11, 50k

Karlsberg #5, 38k

1992 #2

JB92 #3, 68k

LandslideBrad #2

TheKnewbies #5, 46k

Charlie_Trench #3, 50k

EpicEastenders #1, 89k

Musicfreak10 #4, 52k

Deadline for predictions: Midnight tonight

:)
  • Options
    AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Change Your Life sold 140K in Australia and it was #8. Intetesting, I didn't know that.
  • Options
    AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My prediction for Word Up: #1 75K
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've shared the track with a lot of people in my life, my brother started jamming to it the minute he heard it

Salute the song seems to be instant, unlike Move which most people agree took time to like.
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    4 with 67k
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Change of topic

I looked into that other thread about Cowell doing his usual undermining and backstabbing comments about his own acts. Its a primary reason why I dont think he's "all that" as a label boss. It made me think though that he has a good track record with male groups: 1D, Il Divo and that bad boy group whose name I dont remember back in the day.

He does not have a history with female groups (turned down the Spices).

I'm dreading his return to the British Isles as regards Little Mix. That is a big unknown for their future. I cant imagine him just letting the girls' team go along as they have without him interfering somewhat.

Hopefully he leaves well alone though. I would have thought that he does listen to their material before release and plays apart in some decisions at the moment though?

With regards to his comments this week, I think Sam has a great voice, but he clearly has little idea about what to do with her, hence the covers album. James Arthur signed his own career death warrant anyway. You can't do what he did and expect radio to still play you. No radio play = flop. Simon's right, someone should have told him to shut up and it's unbelievable he was allowed to carry on spewing out these comments for so long.

Simon's record isn't great. Exhibit A: Leona. As much as her first album was brilliant and it did fantastically, she should be a worldwide superstar. She isn't because they let her change her sound too much for the second album. I'm all for artists trying a change and I think Leona's great, but you still need to sound commercial. Wrong singles choices and allowing her to turn down We Found Love and Burn was just ludicrous. Exhibit B: Countless other XF acts, although tbf most of them are the generic WG(WAG) XF winners, but if they'd been given better material then they may have done decently. Plus he gives up on artists too easily.

So I hope Simon leaves LM well alone. They need multiple hits for their third album though. Is Salute on around 230k now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buzzjack estimate

Little Mix - Salute - 226,000
    Plus he gives up on artists too easily.

He seems to like instant gratification.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salute the song seems to be instant, unlike Move which most people agree took time to like.

Yep. The beat is addictive. It's the only song LM have ever made that I consider a straight up banger that you can hear in a club or in a football stadium or on the radio and just find yourself bopping to it. But it's not a slavish attempt at copying the trends of dance music today i.e. not a trace of Guetta-ish, lyrically it's simple but effectively-done. And honestly, it's the best woman-centred anthem I've heard in years (it's got feminists on tumblr writing essays about it). I'll be very disappointed if it's not the next single because surely even a cursory listen to the response it gets when they perform it is an indicator of how well it could potentially do.

I guess we'll see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering their track record for post album singles, let's pick our least favs and then that's what the next single will be.
    surely even a cursory listen to the response it gets when they perform it is an indicator of how well it could potentially do.

I honestly think the wrong lead single was chosen for the US. ** Hopefully it will be a single, they do a decent job with the video then Columbia can try over Summer in the US with Salute. I really think it could do well.

**Even though I like Move a lot, I've read online complaints from US fans about how old and stale it is at this point (of course the GP hasnt heard it yet) but I also base this on how it didnt do that great in Australia. For some reason OZ and the US track very similarly.
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen this?! Their BEST Salute performance EVER. They're so strong live, I can't wait to see them at the O2 in May.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIWSK9_fjZQ

Great vid.. Is crossing hands their new trade mark?
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That video is disgusting,

I'm sure they're breaking YT rules. It's really graphic... I don't think it'll last too long especially if it goes viral.

I'm sorry I found it hilaaaaarious!!!! (with my strong French accent) lol...
    That 's... a big d...' bit. I swear that's what I'm hearing LM say lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Move is up for Instarequest on Saturday Night Online again, go like this if you've got Instagram.

I like that one of the comments mentions that the song is growing on them. That's what I like to hear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an uptick on the Word Up video viewing rate. Since I posted that they crossed 4 million last night at 9 PM Pacific, its now up another 268k in under 20 hours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There it goes

Word Up
    #7 Ireland
    #11 United Kingdom
  • Options
    ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a minute late... am I still eligible? :(:p

I'm going for #2, ~68k sales.

EDIT: Re EpicEastenders/Ashley's predictions, I love your optimism but I don't think there's a hope in hell that 'Word Up' is reaching number 1, especially given that 'I Got U' (another new release) has shot up there instantly on iTunes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This single will debut higher than 1D's latest offering it seems. Is that a first?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This single will debut higher than 1D's latest offering it seems. Is that a first?

I'm assuming you mean 'Midnight Memories' and not 'Story of My Life'? If the former, then yeah, although MM is a post-album release so I'd say they're not really comparable. Although it has done pretty terrible for an act of 1D's position; I mean for all the fuss over 'Little Me' under-performing, at least it actually made the top 20 and had an alright run within the top 40!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Word Up' has started off stronger than I thought - it's at #11 on iTunes already!
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EpicEastenders/Ashley's predictions, I love your optimism but I don't think there's a hope in hell that 'Word Up' is reaching number 1, especially given that 'I Got U' (another new release) has shot up there instantly on iTunes.

I know it's just that I predicted #7 for 'Salute' in the US and I felt I jinxed (i'm very superstitious haha) it a little when it went to #6 so I've just went with full on optimism!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Sports Relief going to be held live in the Olympic stadium????

Edit: Sorry could be wrong.
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    Is word up not out in sainsburys too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Predictions in:

Nissl #6, 41k

Casualviewer #6, 40k

Old mixer #11, 50k

Karlsberg #5, 38k

1992 #2

JB92 #3, 68k

LandslideBrad #2

TheKnewbies #5, 46k

Charlie_Trench #3, 50k

EpicEastenders #1, 89k

Musicfreak10 #4, 52k

AshleyRoseX #1, 75k

davem1234 #4, 67k

II_Calypso_II #2, 68k
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davem1234 wrote: »
    Is word up not out in sainsburys too

Does anyone know the track record for physical sales of charity singles like this?

I overshot on the last 2 predictas, so this time I hope I'm underestimating.
This discussion has been closed.