No Scotland?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    All because you thought Northern Ireland was part of Britain. If you cannot take being proven wrong then you are on the wrong forum. Also where did I say I did not know the rules.

Why are you being grumpy? I put :p at the end.

Give me strength...

I was reminding you of the rules because when making disparaging comments about my IQ you appeared to have forgotten them. It also doesn't matter if you've put a silly smiley face next to it as if was quite obviously intended as an insult. And yes I'm perfectly aware of what a forum is for thank you very much, so don't attempt to patronise me.

And last time I checked people born in Northern Ireland were British citizens, although they have the option of holding an Irish passport and citizenship if they wish.
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Give me strength...

I was reminding you of the rules because when making disparaging comments about my IQ you appeared to have forgotten them. It also doesn't matter if you've put a silly smiley face next to it as if was quite obviously intended as an insult. And yes I'm perfectly aware of what a forum is for thank you very much, so don't attempt to patronise me.

And last time I checked people born in Northern Ireland were British citizens, although they have the option of holding an Irish passport and if they wish.

I apologize for my comments, I agree that I went too far.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Really??!! Damn! >:(

(Only joking - I can't believe for a second that the yes vote will win. And when it doesn't, hopefully Fat Alex will accept it once and for all and move his rabble-rousing entourage somewhere else...........like Siberia). :)

Why hate Salmond? He's only campaigning to free Scotland from Westminster rule, it's like a lot of the English are jealous of the Scottish Referendum as they can't get one to free themselves from Westminster :D

Either way though Scotland independent or not would still be part of Britain as Britain is an island consisting of the countries of England, Scotland & Wales, similar to how Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland are part of Scandinavia
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to twitter there is going to be a boycott and people have made up their minds about voting Yes because of this. With many others saying David better watch his back if he ever comes back to Scotland.

If there really are people that will make a decision about their country's political future based on a tv talent show then they should seek professional help.
    How do you know you are not in Scotland.

Well most people have an understanding of geography and therefore will know whether or not they are in Scotland. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well most people have an understanding of geography and therefore will know whether or not they are in Scotland. :confused:

Bit pedantic, you taking that completely out of context. You know what I meant.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit pedantic, you taking that completely out of context. You know what I meant.

Nope, no idea. :p
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its ridiculous. BRITAIN's got Talent. If it was England's got Talent that's a different story.

And for anyone saying 'there's no talent in Scotland' that's a ridiculous and I think quite offensive view to take if you were being serious. They edit these shows so much. First of all, the talent that shows up is dependent on the day they go, the city they go to, and who can get a day off work to do that day for one thing! But every time they have 5000 people outside or whatever the amount they quote out at you and then they show ten or so people and five of them are sh1te; do you really think that's all they've seen? They'll only have picked those ones to go through so they have a diverse show.

For whatever reason they don't always pick the best singers in every location for these shows. Say if they see a great diva big-voiced black lady with a hard life who works in McDonalds, in Edinburgh, but they're already put one through from Cardiff and Birmigham, you're not likely to see her because then the judges would have to justify not putting her through without mentioning that they want a diverse cast of 'Talents' for the final. As long as they don't show such a person being turned away on the show, there's not gonna be any moral outrage.

Here, I have lived in Scotland and I'm not from there, but its a helluva lot more diverse than TV would make you believe. Its not just full of rugged men like Jai and old spinsters like Susan Boyle. Its as much a modern country with modern and buzzing cities like Manchester and London and similar people in them; which is why its really annoying telly always making it out to be some kind of old-fashioned backwater that has 'no talent' and is full of people who only care about traditional things like shortbread kilts and bagpipes. Its TV etc that reduces Scotland to a stereotype and I think that's - well, if not quite harmful, its not realistic and its a bit offensive because it makes people think all Scottish people are backwards and stupid.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    I think its ridiculous. BRITAIN's got Talent. If it was England's got Talent that's a different story.

And for anyone saying 'there's no talent in Scotland' that's a ridiculous and I think quite offensive view to take if you were being serious. They edit these shows so much. First of all, the talent that shows up is dependent on the day they go, the city they go to, and who can get a day off work to do that day for one thing! But every time they have 5000 people outside or whatever the amount they quote out at you and then they show ten or so people and five of them are sh1te; do you really think that's all they've seen? They'll only have picked those ones to go through so they have a diverse show.

For whatever reason they don't always pick the best singers in every location for these shows. Say if they see a great diva big-voiced black lady with a hard life who works in McDonalds, in Edinburgh, but they're already put one through from Cardiff and Birmigham, you're not likely to see her because then the judges would have to justify not putting her through without mentioning that they want a diverse cast of 'Talents' for the final. As long as they don't show such a person being turned away on the show, there's not gonna be any moral outrage.

Here, I have lived in Scotland and I'm not from there, but its a helluva lot more diverse than TV would make you believe. Its not just full of rugged men like Jai and old spinsters like Susan Boyle. Its as much a modern country with modern and buzzing cities like Manchester and London and similar people in them; which is why its really annoying telly always making it out to be some kind of old-fashioned backwater that has 'no talent' and is full of people who only care about traditional things like shortbread kilts and bagpipes. Its TV etc that reduces Scotland to a stereotype and I think that's - well, if not quite harmful, its not realistic and its a bit offensive because it makes people think all Scottish people are backwards and stupid.

So true. If you believe the TV all Scots are fat unemployable boozers who would not recognise a vegetable if they feel over it when pished. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nope, no idea. :p

Basically the poster was like oh Scotland will vote no and I was like you don't know because you are not in Scotland, you do not know what people's opinions are up here.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically the poster was like oh Scotland will vote no and I was like you don't know because you are not in Scotland, you do not know what people's opinions are up here.

No, because down here in little old England, I have absolutely no access to any media - no tv, no newspapers or magaizines etc, hence of course I have no valid opinion on any subject at all outside of England. :kitty:

I'm not in Zimbabwe or South Africa either, but guess what? My opinion is that Robert Mugabe is a murdering pr*ck and Oscar Pistorius is as guilty as sin.

Next? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, because down here in little old England, I have absolutely no access to any media - no tv, no newspapers or magaizines etc, hence of course I have no valid opinion on any subject at all outside of England. :kitty:

I'm not in Zimbabwe or South Africa either, but guess what? My opinion is that Robert Mugabe is a murdering pr*ck and Oscar Pistorius is as guilty as sin.

Next? ;-)

So you are saying you are forming your view on around 30 people who live in the central belt saying their views in newspapers etc. There are 5 million people in Scotland all with different opinions.

Now onto the second subject, what do you call a man with no legs?....Nothing, he will shoot you. :p:D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you are saying you are forming your view on around 30 people who live in the central belt saying their views in newspapers etc. There are 5 million people in Scotland all with different opinions.

Now onto the second subject, what do you call a man with no legs?....Nothing, he will shoot you. :p:D

1. Sorry, I didn't realise you'd personally spoken to all 5 million of them. (Pity they've all got 'different opinions' though, since they're only going to have two options). :p

2. I'll give you that one. :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    It should be a rule that BGT goes to Scotland if the show's called Britain's Got Talent

well its called 'britain's got talent' for now, it will become eventually england-wales and replace bonny scotland with Northern ireland has got talent. they are just preparing themselves. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well its called 'britain's got talent' for now, it will become eventually england-wales and replace bonny scotland with Northern ireland has got talent. they are just preparing themselves. :o

Britain is an island you are getting confused with the UK independent or not it will always be Great Britain just like Scandinavia.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you actually serious about Walliams? And they pandered to him? Personally i don't believe that for a second. I think there is something else afoot.... Independence anyone?

So not so much "Britain's got talent" more like England and Wales (& ni) think they've got "talent"

Stop spitting your dummy out & grow up.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    According to twitter there is going to be a boycott and people have made up their minds about voting Yes because of this. With many others saying David better watch his back if he ever comes back to Scotland.

Surely that's standard advice to the annoying man no matter where he goes?
  • Options
    PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    Lol, OK so they were joking. (Just as Andy Murray was that time, and he WAS). :D

Still, if Fat Alex gets his way, the Scots will probably have their own version next year anyway. I'm sure it will be a roaring success. :D

Scotland will still be part if Britain after becoming independent, so there will really be no need to have our own version of this TV talent show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Give me strength...

And last time I checked people born in Northern Ireland were British citizens, although they have the option of holding an Irish passport and citizenship if they wish.
    People in the Channel Islands are also British subjects, they have special British passports issued and are not even part of the UK.

Northern Ireland is part of the UK but not part of Britain. Accept it and move on.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Next? ;-)
    For all your access to global media you seem rather ignorant on the progress of the referendum debate in Scotland. The No campaign is still ahead in the polls but these are narrowing.

The reason we now see absolute panic from the No campaign north and south of the border is their knowledge that the Yes vote is rock hard and will have a turnout in excess of 80% whereas the No vote will struggle to get 50% of it's vote out.
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Really??!! Damn! >:(

(Only joking - I can't believe for a second that the yes vote will win. And when it doesn't, hopefully Fat Alex will accept it once and for all and move his rabble-rousing entourage somewhere else...........like Siberia). :)

I hope you are right. I can't stand the fat ****. I really hope it fails and he disappears off the face of the earth >:(>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    I hope you are right. I can't stand the fat ****. I really hope it fails and he disappears off the face of the earth >:(>:(

This is the level if the argument that the No campaign presents to the people of Scotland. Their "positive case for the Union."
  • Options
    batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't even want to be part of Britain so quit your moaning and start doing a Scotlands got Talent. That should fill the TV schedule between that and your high quality football.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HAHA this thread is a mess. lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    batesy2000 wrote: »
    You don't even want to be part of Britain so quit your moaning and start doing a Scotlands got Talent. That should fill the TV schedule between that and your high quality football.

What a total ignorant post, do you think before posting?

Britain is the name of the island just like Scandinavia even if independence does happen then Scotland will still be in Britain. I can't believe I even bothered to reply to you because it is clear that you are not worth a reply.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Excluding Susan Boyle where are the rest now? Jai and Leon sunk without trace after winning BGT and X Factor respectively

Last successful Scottish player to come through was Darren fletcher made captain of the Scottish national team until his illness kept him out for both club and country.

Whereas those gymnasts are never off our screen
    ^_^