second bit = noirin diverting too much attention away from voting patterns

third bit = non-nominations bullshine from siavash/marcus
  • Options
    TalTal Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    It was the 'let's not nominate and all be up' sh*te

That week Hira went, was the week Lisa should ... and would have gone.

It could have all been so different if Siavash had played the game straight

I agree - I have criticised Siavash many times before as, to me, because of his lets all not vote/not voting nonsense, he really did ruin what could have been a far more interesting turn of events.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Why everyone seems to think that "if only Lisa had gone" at X time or Y time, things could/would have been so much better" - it makes me laugh. :D

LISA DIDN'T WIN. SHE DIDN'T EVEN COME SECOND OR THIRD!!!!!

You should all be saying "if only Sophie, Siavash or David had gone" at certain times then things would have been better and they would BECAUSE THEY WERE THE FIRST THREE.

Lisa didn't create them or defend them or if she did and has that sort of power, she will be a millionaire this time next year.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dutch wrote: »
    Why everyone seems to think that "if only Lisa had gone" at X time or Y time, things could/would have been so much better" - it makes me laugh. :D

You should all be saying "if only Sophie, Siavash or David had gone" at certain times then things would have been better and they would BECAUSE THEY WERE THE FIRST THREE.

Lisa didn't create them or defend them or if she did and has that sort of power, she will be a millionaire this time next year.:D

I agree!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was no team 'what the hell you call them' or they would have had a name. Half the time Marcus didn't like Siavash, Bea didn't like Freddie, Bea didn't like Noirin (at all), etc. Lisa's alleged 'team' were on their way out; only David, homing in like a heat-seeking missile on Lisa, had an unbreakable link to Lisa once Kris and Karly had gone. Enchanted by his shiny new friends, Freddie didn't notice that there were not enough of them.

Marcus and Siavash, at different but overlapping times, went into a giant sulk, and for very similar reasons. They affronted all the other housemates by seeming to look at the game they loved and valued with contempt. Siavash stopped playing. Freddie was openly contemptuous. Marcus retreated to his quilt. Not one of them devoted two minutes of their valuable time trying to befriend the non-alligned group of Sophie, Rodrigo and Charlie. Charlie, who had openly announced that he would not stand by Lisa if she looked like the losing side, found that no one apart from her, Sophie and Rodrigo seemed to have much time for his fitful charm.

Bea crashed and burned. The boyfriends had no interest in Amigos or any other feature of the game and walked.

Freddie, Marcus and Siavash were left with no allies apart from their own weak loyalty and vague sympathy from Sophie (Siavash) and Charlie (Marcus).

They played a poor game. BB is not a straight popularity contest between players and the public, like, say, I'm a Celebrity. You have to build bridges with other housemates, and none of them bothered to try. If they had made even half an effort, I reckon both Lisa and David would have been out before tfw. Charlie, Rodrigo and Sophie would have been easy to woo: they just wanted to be treated with respect, and to see their game treated with respect.

With THAT^ said, BB5, BB8, & (especially) BB9 are better series to learn from than BB10.

Yes, it's still an individual game to win on The Final Week. But a HM still need to have an alliance with some friends in the BB house to get to The Final Week. :)
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dutch wrote: »

No she didn't win ... she was NEVER going to win ... but by escaping nomination/nailed on eviction because of the 'let's not nominate' sh*te, she was able to carry the remnants of her crew right through to the final with her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretzel wrote: »
    I know that it was pain having Lisa being given a free ride to the final, and yes Freddie was a sad loss but still, things can't all go smoothly for the heroes, that's part of the drama of a good BB. Personally I think think that it was (ironically) quite a good dramatic year for BB fans.

It certainly beat the last couple of lacklustre offerings. I'd say that it's the best since BB7. It's just a shame that it has come too late to save the format.

BB9 was a better series than BB10. As least B-Block (as dysfunctional as they were in the last 4 weeks) knew how to get to The Final Week as one faction.

None of the HMs of BB10 knew how to do that much, sad to say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    No she didn't win ... she was NEVER going to win ... but by escaping nomination/nailed on eviction because of the 'let's not nominate' sh*te, she was able to carry the remnants of her crew right through to the final with her.

I agree with this as well - if we didn't have the not voting fiasco, the show could have gone down any number of different avenues. Ruined by one muppet. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    By the time Noirin left she was more of a liability than an asset to Team What the Hell you Call Them. None of them wanted her in there. Siavash found it torture to be in the same room as her, and Marcus couldn't wait to see her go. She was the one person who couldn't help them. But with Siavash-Freddie-marcus-Bea they had the nucleus of a promising team. Even when Bea turned out to be mad, they could have done it without her. Sophie already loved Siavash. Charlie was keen to look cool with Marcus. Roddie just hated people breaking rules and deesrespecting BB.

I agree that there was no 3 amigos. That's a myth. It was just a sloppy patched together group of people with different agendas. Realistically Marcus and Noirin were the ones with the original "best friend" status. If you go back to the early shows you'll be surprised at how early they became friends.

In terms of the rag tag army Noirin was a valuable asset if she was left untampered. Marcus, Freddie and Siavash spent all their energies cutting her off from the other group and as a result made her lose her rabbit pass. Which was far more valuable intact! Noirin had influence! When Noirin started forming a better relationship with Freddie She was doing good work on the other side as "devil's advocate" when they were critical of him and Marcus...she was also strengthening a link with Karly. Lisa was already on her side. Most of Lisa's positive opinion of Marcus (after she fell out with him) came from Noirin. She was also NEVER targeted or nominated. People forget that Lisa really liked Noirin which is why she was so hurt when it looked liked Noirin had done the dirty on her and her chums. Marcus was trying to sever that link from quite early on but Noirin wasn't having any of it. However after rabbitgate Marcus was able to use the fallout and her subsequent exclusion as a way of proving his pseudo logical theories.

Siavash also had influence in the other group but was too selfish to use his rabbit pass to benifit Marcus and co and after the Rabbit fallout (which he created) he selfishly smashed any bridges Noirin had by covering his own ass and making her out a liar

Plus without the "Noirin I love you" boll*cks from all the blokes they would have had a safer group. Noirin didn't destroy their group....they did....cos they couldn't bond with her without wanting to f*ck her. Marcus was then ruining relations within his own allies by turning them against each other! There was no trust.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluntbob wrote: »
    In terms of the rag tag army Noirin was a valuable asset if she was left untampered. Marcus, Freddie and Siavash spent all their energies cutting her off from the other group and as a result made her lose her rabbit pass. Which was far more valuable intact! Noirin had influence!
    Very good point.
    Siavash also had influence in the other group but was too selfish to use his rabbit pass to benifit Marcus and co and after the Rabbit fallout (which he created) he selfishly smashed any bridges Noirin had by covering his own ass and making her out a liar
    Also a very good point. To be fair to siavash, I don't think when he started it he knew how toxic the rabbit accusation would turn out to be. But he certainly didn't exert himself patching the situation up.

I don't think Siavash wanted to hurt anyone, ever. He genuinely was humiliated and heartbroken over Noirin, and being a young and not very grown-up man, reacted by trying, Samson-like- to bring down the house.