Options

Miranda - Series Two

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched this for the first time (Christmas ep on iPlayer) having seen positive things on Twitter.

Found it utterly, utterly bizarre. Very dated and extremely camp. I smiled a couple of times but the sheer weirdness of it will prevent me from watching again.
  • Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it.

It doesn't take itself seriously (as most sitcoms shouldnt imo) & i find the normalness of it quite funny (as i think is intended). However if it wasn't Miranda doing it and someone else, it wouldn't work, but she's so funny & really enjoyed the special.

Will there be a series 3?
  • Options
    nhodkin147nhodkin147 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    I love it.

It doesn't take itself seriously (as most sitcoms shouldnt imo) & i find the normalness of it quite funny (as i think is intended). However if it wasn't Miranda doing it and someone else, it wouldn't work, but she's so funny & really enjoyed the special.

Will there be a series 3?

I think the following quote answers your question...
    Jo-em wrote: »
    Last night's episode got 4.3 million viewers...the highest ever rating for the show! :D

:D Hilarious stuff. Has me consistently crying with laughter. And whoever cast Tom Conti deserves a medal. Hope to see him return in the future.
  • Options
    LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last two episodes disappointed me and I think she is running out of ideas a bit. Still has enough to keep me watching but less of Stevie and more of her mum would be good , I think.

Oh , she also deserves at least one boyfriend now!
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've tried to like this show, but it just grates on me.
    The "poshness" REALLY irritates me - "Such fun, what-what"
    I really want to punch Sally Philips in the face.
    Why does she talk like a ventriloquist ?
    Jolly hockey sticks and all that.
    Grrrrrrrr.
  • Options
    FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this last night and must admit I generally chuckled more than laughed (unlike the psychiatrist one:D) but thoroughly enjoyed the whole bit with the carol singers and the voice recognition.
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    I find Miranda a bit creepy

in what way?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LadyCake wrote: »
    The last two episodes disappointed me and I think she is running out of ideas a bit. Still has enough to keep me watching but less of Stevie and more of her mum would be good , I think.

Oh , she also deserves at least one boyfriend now!

What, leap from abstinence to three-in-a-bed? ;)
  • Options
    LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harrowing. wrote: »
    What, leap from abstinence to three-in-a-bed? ;)

I'm too innocent to suggest suich a thing but Gary and the doctor are quite fine:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LadyCake wrote: »
    I'm too innocent to suggest suich a thing but Gary and the doctor are quite fine:o

He's married:D
  • Options
    FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and I also LOLd at the Charades.

"Ski Sunday?"
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I re-watched the Christmas special and found it so much funnier second time around.

Her mum's Christmas song had me choking in laughter.
  • Options
    Shinny04Shinny04 Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's not to everyone's taste, but looking at the rating figures it's a no-brainer that it'll get another series. I just hope that it doesn't move to BBC1 because it's one of those 'hidden' gems (well, not so much now) and it seems that everything BBC1 touches, rots.
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Have to say, haven't seen the first series at all and had only seen Miranda on shows like Have I Got News For You and I wasn't really a fan, but after watching the second series it's actually become one of my favourite shows. It's utterly hilarious.
  • Options
    DeludoDeludo Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I re-watched the Christmas special and found it so much funnier second time around.

Same here. In fact found that with all of them, i pick up on a comment or line that i missed first time round.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what sort of ratings this series got?

• Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    I read somewhere over 3 million for xmas ep - that's why there's talk of a move to BBC1 for series 3.

And I agree with the comments that it definitely gets better with repeat viewing.

Cheers - I just found the ratings thread and saw that one of the episodes got 4.4. million :eek::)

Hope it gets a slot on BBC1 next year. It deserves to.
  • Options
    Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    The Christmas Special seems even better on Christmas Day! :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on the ratings it should get a more prominent place in the Xmas schedule next year
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    Saw this 1st time last night. DIdn't laugh once. Can;t understand the bizarre hype.

Same here - a lot of my friends told me to watch it as I'd love it - I sat through two episodes and didn't laugh once. There's something about her delivery that really irritates me - awkward, clumsy tall woman gurning to camera just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid. Still, each to their own!

Just popped into this thread to see why people love it and have just come to the conclusion that I have different taste!
  • Options
    KarlyKarly Posts: 10,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Arrhh - forgot to record this so I'll have to catch it on iPlayer later. I clashed with Only Connect on BBC4 which is bad news for us who enjoy intelligent quizzes and unsophisticated comedy.
    There are two of us? SC HFN !
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on the ratings it should get a more prominent place in the Xmas schedule next year

The trouble is that I don't want Miranda to be on at 8pm on BBC1 on Christmas Day. It works best as a small quirky show which most people haven't heard of (and are incapable of finding BBC2 on their Tellybox).

Just look how Lucas and Walliams have gone from a BBC3 cult to unfunny Christmas Day comedy.
  • Options
    suki csuki c Posts: 6,091
    Forum Member
    The trouble is that I don't want Miranda to be on at 8pm on BBC1 on Christmas Day. It works best as a small quirky show which most people haven't heard of (and are incapable of finding BBC2 on their Tellybox).

Just look how Lucas and Walliams have gone from a BBC3 cult to unfunny Christmas Day comedy.

I totally agree with this - it works where it is. Leave it alone !!!!!!
  • Options
    Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show.

Great storylines, fantastic catchphrases and the casting is superb.

Oh and I'm in love with Stevie. :p

Such fun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member

Have I missed this forum! (Laptop broken since day one of holidays, only just repaired.)

I agree as well. Somehow I feel that it works best as a word-of-mouth, quirky sort of show, that accepts its own marmiteyness. Nonetheless, has anybody heard word about another series? (We all seem pretty convinced. :D)

Must add: was looking at duvets with Mother today when she mentioned the word "tog", and I burst out a giggle disguised as a snort.