Options

BBC 5 Live General Chit Chat

Comments

• Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to disagree, I think Caroline is one of the better co-hosts that Peter has had. She is very natural without the false laughter of Anna Foster and Aasmah Mir - and don't get me started on Sam Walker.

It is really unprofessional the way VD can be heard speaking to her producer during the travel and weather, with her experience she really should know to close her microphone. It is another example of the problems from VD being in London and her producer in Salford, others include not knowing when the sport or travel has finished.

How dare you criticise the GREAT presenter.
  • Options
    superbike999superbike999 Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    How dare you criticise the GREAT presenter.

VD's show started quite well this morning with an item about Maria Miller and then winging Oscar came on, pretending to cry. Click. Over to Colin Murray on Talk Sport who seems a lot better than he did when on 5 live
  • Options
    Reform FiveReform Five Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Bob_LeBob wrote: »
    Don't know about him but Caroline Barker is awful - can't listen !!

Totally disagree - Caroline is one of the few decent new presenters in recent years. Natural not manufactured and not too big for her boots. Much better than, Foster, Walker, Derbyshire , Foggarty...............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    contrarian wrote: »
    Love Kelly C and Wrighty

great listen on a Sunday night

kelly C very good

Just Terrible - the worst phone in about thank goodness for The Press Pass on TS.
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I listened to Sheila Fogarty today, never again. What is the purpose of these 2 hours? Please give Victoria her extra hour and Dominic can fill the hour with news, business, interviews, quite capable and even better... likable. Sheila had the cheek to interrupt Dom's interview with the computer expert and said she had lost the will to live?? Well I loose the will to live when you control a programme for 2 hours. Take the plank out of your own eye Sheila.
  • Options
    FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to disagree, I think Caroline is one of the better co-hosts that Peter has had. She is very natural without the false laughter of Anna Foster and Aasmah Mir - and don't get me started on Sam Walker.
    Not false at all. She was broadcasting on LBC over Xmas period and there was plenty of laughter from her. In her case it's natural and at the same time refreshing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Savage has been dropped from Saturday's 606, presumably because 5 live don't want to embarrass themselves in front of the FA Chairman.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Savage has been dropped from Saturday's 606, presumably because 5 live don't want to embarrass themselves in front of the FA Chairman.

He is away on holiday actually , sorry to disappoint you.:D
  • Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks as if it's going to be wall to wall dissection of Maria Miller's decision to resign today :o
  • Options
    MarrooMarroo Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curmy wrote: »
    It looks as if it's going to be wall to wall dissection of Maria Miller's decision to resign today :o

She's been giving everyone the "ump ! " , Curmy !! :D;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'd far sooner listen to that than the winging Oscar pretending to cry program and the over the top reporting of correspondents that 5live have used, who only report the side of the defence.
  • Options
    streaky-baconstreaky-bacon Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    I listened to Sheila Fogarty today, never again. What is the purpose of these 2 hours? Please give Victoria her extra hour and Dominic can fill the hour with news, business, interviews, quite capable and even better... likable. Sheila had the cheek to interrupt Dom's interview with the computer expert and said she had lost the will to live?? Well I loose the will to live when you control a programme for 2 hours. Take the plank out of your own eye Sheila.

I agree about Sheila's comment, I thought at the time it sounded bad. But I can't agree with your idea of giving VD another hour, two hours is far too much already. I do think Sheila has a rather inflated opinion of her own ability and probably gets an easier time on here because of the two hours of misery which she follows. Also Dominic 'Tory Boy' Laurie really does seem to come across as thinking he is extremely smart but in my view is very bland as a broadcaster.
  • Options
    Harry_StevensHarry_Stevens Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think somebody could tell the journalist that gave a report about the sad case of Peaches Geldof that the poor lass sadly was found dead at her home 48 hours ago and not 24 as he stated three times today in the 1 pm news report including a description on how the police found her body 24 hours ago just yesterday, this piece of lazy BBC journalism went out live today at 1pm .:confused:
  • Options
    Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria Derbyshire - Dear God.
    Shelagh Fogarty - Dear Dear God.
    Richard Bacon - Dear Dear Dear God.

Bacon:
    'What is the point of finding it (MH 370)'
    'A play on Alice' (replying to the author about the title of a book called Alex Through The Looking Glass)
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    The media need to wake up. No one gives a shit about the Oscar Pissedoffeous trial. I still play ping pong, every time it comes on the TV or radio I switch channel until it comes in that channel then I switch back.

God help us if Sky get their way and get the cameras in our courts. Endless daily drivel pumped out as 'news'
  • Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd far sooner listen to that than the winging Oscar pretending to cry program and the over the top reporting of correspondents that 5live have used, who only report the side of the defence.

You are so correct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I listened to Sheila Fogarty today, never again. What is the purpose of these 2 hours? Please give Victoria her extra hour .

Do you want to cripple this station? An extra hour of misery - no thanks.
  • Options
    lordlozlordloz Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can take the pair of them off as far as I'm concerned :( 2 women promoted far beyond their ability due to God knows what W1A type decision making HR process....God help us it needs changing in this slot and have a Radio 1 90's/global radio style purge of lacklustre presenters and the shows they deliver ...
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Bacon is hopeless. He reminds me of the Monty Python sketch where you can pay for an argument. He thinks it's great journalism just to take the opposing view rather than do forensic journalism.

Every time some new science discovery is announced he always asks what's the point, waste of money blah blah blah. Presumably he thinks human beings should just sit around eating and breeding?

His comments over MH370 were crass, recovering the plane is important to find out what went wrong just in case it could happen again, but also for the families. Bacon is an utter **** and a halfwit. I've dropped more intelligent things down the toilet bowl first thing in the morning than Bacon.
  • Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bacon is hopeless. He reminds me of the Monty Python sketch where you can pay for an argument. He thinks it's great journalism just to take the opposing view rather than do forensic journalism.

Every time some new science discovery is announced he always asks what's the point, waste of money blah blah blah. Presumably he thinks human beings should just sit around eating and breeding?

His comments over MH370 were crass, recovering the plane is important to find out what went wrong just in case it could happen again, but also for the families. Bacon is an utter **** and a halfwit. I've dropped more intelligent things down the toilet bowl first thing in the morning than Bacon.

I heard him ask yesterday why it was important to recover the black boxes :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    // Bacon is an utter **** and a halfwit.//

That is highly offensive. To utter**** and halfwits.

Retract your outrageous statement! ;)
  • Options
    CyrilTheWaspCyrilTheWasp Posts: 2,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard him ask yesterday why it was important to recover the black boxes :o

Bacon has the mentality suitable only for presenting a Beer and Pizza TV Show.
  • Options
    p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member

It's ironic that people complain about 5 Live being miserable when this thread has the most constant stream of moaning in any radio thread on Digital Spy. And that takes some doing.

I generally avoid it for the same reason many people avoid Victoria Derbyshire's programme...
  • Options
    GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to add my voice to the concerns about Richard Bacon - he is truly awful & an embarrassment to the BBC. I know we are not allowed to criticise him but come on Richard, you have to try harder, the Beeb has standards (admittedly they are pretty low these days). AsSeinfled once said -“You know, sometimes when I think you’re the shallowest man I’ve ever met, you manage to drain a little more out of the pool.”
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bacon is hopeless. >snip I've dropped more intelligent things down the toilet bowl first thing in the morning than Bacon.

Sausages??
This discussion has been closed.