Options

Ashes To Ashes Series 3 Speculation Thread (spoilers in tags)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SAME. Like iv'e said iv'e always thought there is some connection between Doctor Who and Ashes to Ashes.
    Especially how the BBC have wanted to start them both at the same time and place both back to back on a friday and saturday.
    I like the thought of Doctor Who next week with the
    'dream world' and the real 'reality' and how one action in one world can effect the outcome in the other world or something along the lines.

Too much of this time travel is messing up my head!

......and an anagram of Sam Tyler is Masterly :eek::eek::D
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it was, cant remember who tho without watching my LoM episodes lol

infact I remember it definatley was because Ray said to him - why dont you go home - and the guy replied he was home! I wish I could remember who it was, but then it might've been Viv to throw us off completely

think it 2nd series ep 2 might be wrong where he sees newspaper of future shes him dead
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Dont post normally but ive got this book,

'Life on Mars official companion'

and on page 30 theres a few sketches aka the storyboard and the writing says

Brian Skyes storyboard showing the proposed crash sequence which was originallly planned to take place on Mancunian Way and finish with a special effect shot zooming in on Sams eye to show Stars and Galaxys. :confused:

has anyone got the book??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I'm sure it was, cant remember who tho without watching my LoM episodes lol

infact I remember it definatley was because Ray said to him - why dont you go home - and the guy replied he was home! I wish I could remember who it was, but then it might've been Viv to throw us off completely

Sam Tyler says it to Fletcher in LOM series 2, Episode 2. Fletcher, his mentor in the "future," comes to Manchester CID as a DC. Fletcher doubts his abilities but Sam insists he should have faith in himself as he will go far.

Obviously he does - as he is the one who made Sam a DCI in the "future" (you hear Sam but do not see the scene - it is when he is reading the paper that announces Fletcher died and you see a picture of him in his commanding uniform).
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DBSport wrote: »
    Sam Tyler says it to Fletcher in LOM series 2, Episode 2. Fletcher, his mentor in the "future," comes to Manchetsre CID as a DC. Fletcher doubts his abilities but Sam insists he should have faith in himself as he will go far.

Obviously he does - as he is the one who made Sam a DCI in the "future" (you hear Sam but do not see the scene - it is when he is reading the paper that announces Fletcher died and you see a picture of him in his commanding uniform).

yeah I think thats where the FM is getting confused
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Tyler says it to Fletcher in LOM series 2, Episode 2. Fletcher, his mentor in the "future," comes to Manchester CID as a DC. Fletcher doubts his abilities but Sam insists he should have faith in himself as he will go far.

AH thats it couldnt remember yes Fletcher ..i think theres clues in old eps of LOM on the final outcome of A2A !!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Ohh absolutely!! The way he gave the 'Back in Time' speech. Really sounded like Sam!

I thought it really sounded like Sam/John Simm too. Very clever :)
    It would be AMAZING if JS appeared in the last ep but its unlikely, we'd know about it by now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    Can't remember who (have only watched it once so far) mentioned a 'crack in time' last night, and I started freaking out and thinking of the whole Amy Pond/crack in time business and now I'm begining to think the whole Ashes/Who link isn't as loopy as I orignially thought.

Also, just saw the trailer for next week's DW and this whole dying in a dream business.

Now my head's really done in!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Been a reader - "lurker" if you will - for a few weeks but have not really wanted to post until now.

I have had so many theories bounce around my head, but one thing I do think is that the final episode will be a fight of good versus evil, question is, who is evil? I think Keats is, but who knows?

What I cannot put my finger on is how does Sam and LOM fit into all of this? I suppose that is what makes LOM and A2A so bloody amazing, frustrating and addictive!

And despite last night being so serious and ominous, depend on Ray to come up with the ultimate emotional anticlimax. Knackered mug....brilliant!

Oh, one more thing......Alex intervened to some extent in her own "future" when she watched her parents die. Remember how she always believed it was Evan who carried her away from the scene? Perhaps it really was.....until she traveled back to Gene's "world," allowing him to be the one to "save" her so that when she died it is he, not Keats, who can/will take her soul. A bit out there, but in some ways - more than Sam ever did - she is/has restructured her own life.
  • Options
    Jacko lives!Jacko lives! Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been a reader - "lurker" if you will - for a few weeks but have not really wanted to post until now.

I have had so many theories bounce around my head, but one thing I do think is that the final episode will be a fight of good versus evil, question is, who is evil? I think Keats is, but who knows?

What I cannot put my finger on is how does Sam and LOM fit into all of this? I suppose that is what makes LOM and A2A so bloody amazing, frustrating and addictive!

And despite last night being so serious and ominous, depend on Ray to come up with the ultimate emotional anticlimax. Knackered mug....brilliant!

Oh, one more thing......Alex intervened to some extent in her own "future" when she watched her parents die. Remember how she always believed it was Evan who carried her away from the scene? Perhaps it really was.....until she traveled back to Gene's "world," allowing him to be the one to "save" her so that when she died it is he, not Keats, who can/will take her soul. A bit out there, but in some ways - more than Sam ever did - she is/has restructured her own life.

They may be playing with our minds and Jacob may have been the evil one rather than the good, with smokey turning good in the end.
    The show will still end up with Alex and Sam sitting on the beach, looking out at the water as a ship rolls in anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    thejel wrote: »
    Perhaps the Beeb want to get it over and done with as well - why else would they put the last two episodes on the same day otherwise??

This has probably been answered, but they're not.

Episode 7 is next friday 14 May
    Episode 8 is Friday 21 May
  • Options
    Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Wow! :eek:

Last night’s episode was amazing! :eek:

I’ve done a bit of whining lately about how little information we’ve been given and how it looks like nothing significant will happen till the end — but this episode single-handedly put all my concerns to rest and made me shut my mouth (whilst opening it in awe). :)

When people hinted that this episode would have the fans talking, they weren’t kidding! :)

After an information drought for the past several weeks, this was definitely an information overload. So much happened! There were enough details in this episode to have people on this forum buzzing and scrutinising for months! (This thread has gained an extra 30+ pages over the last couple of days alone, which I haven’t had the chance to read yet.)

There’s so much to comment on, I wouldn’t know where to begin. All I will say is that I loved the “Sam Tyler” guy (whether or not he does turn out to be the real Sam Tyler). And I loved how sinister Keats was this time. I know I’m going to be going around whistling “I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles” at lot in the near future. :D

I’m so happy that the “wrap-up” has begun two episodes before the last one, and the finale is going to be a two-parter. Such a relief that they’re not just doing 7 regular episodes then cramming it all into the last one!

This was a really great episode though. I had got a bit worried that this series wasn’t turning out to be as “dark” as they made it out to be. But that was really wonderfully dark. As far as I’m concerned, after a bit of a dip, this series is back on track and looking set for an amazing ending.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
    I see [*****] is credited as playing [*******] in Episode 8
    Please, whether this information is true or not, these are SPOILERS!. I really do not want to know this kind of information, and after happily following this thread for 130-odd pages, comments like these (particularly the first one) are making me want to just stop coming here. Fortunately, these two spoilers somewhat cancel each other out, although it’s annoying because I don’t want any clues or indication at all about who may or may not be appearing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member

Please, whether this information is true or not, these are SPOILERS!. I really do not want to know this kind of information, and after happily following this thread for 130-odd pages, comments like these (particularly the first one) are making me want to just stop coming here. Fortunately, these two spoilers somewhat cancel each other out, although it’s annoying because I don’t want any clues or indication at all about who may or may not be appearing.

Just a quickie,

Pretty much ALL of the conversations on here are SPECULATION and Not SPOILERS.

A real Spoiler is something that is Definately going to happen in a future episode, and pretty much the only people who could post something like that are the cast and crew and the writers themselves, or journalists that have already seen the last 2 episodes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    It's purely speculation though?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pretty much ALL of the conversations on here are SPECULATION and Not SPOILERS.
    You don’t think it’s a spoiler if someone reveals that a major character is returning — who everyone thought was dead?

I can accept that there are places where this kind of information isn’t considered a spoiler (like the Doctor Who forum). But on this thread people have always been very careful with regards to spoilers, and put anything in spoilers that could be regarded even slightly spoilerish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don’t think it’s a spoiler if someone reveals that a major character is returning — who everyone thought was dead?

Wikipedia said that tho - I could go into the page right now and change it to say Sam Tyler is really Rose Tylers dad!!]

Does that make it a spoiler?
  • Options
    Forum Member

From Wiki, which we all know is a highly unreliable source.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    From Wiki, which we all know is a highly unreliable source.
    It’s not. A study was done comparing Wikipedia with Encyclopedia Brittanica (the gold standard in encyclopedias). Wikipedia came out as almost as accurate as Encyclopedia Brittanica. (Wikipedia contained 4 errors for every 3 in Brittanica.)

Granted, you can easily vandalise Wikipedia: change it to say that Sam Tyler is Rose Tyler’s dad, but 10 minutes later it will be gone. Less obvious vandalism (such as including incorrect cast information) is less likely to be quickly corrected, but it will be sooner or later. Especially for an article about something as popular as Ashes to Ashes, which will have a large number of people moderating it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! :eek:

Last night’s episode was amazing! :eek:

I’ve done a bit of whining lately about how little information we’ve been given and how it looks like nothing significant will happen till the end — but this episode single-handedly put all my concerns to rest and made me shut my mouth (whilst opening it in awe). :)

When people hinted that this episode would have the fans talking, they weren’t kidding! :)

After an information drought for the past several weeks, this was definitely an information overload. So much happened! There were enough details in this episode to have people on this forum buzzing and scrutinising for months! (This thread has gained an extra 30+ pages over the last couple of days alone, which I haven’t had the chance to read yet.)

There’s so much to comment on, I wouldn’t know where to begin. All I will say is that I loved the “Sam Tyler” guy (whether or not he does turn out to be the real Sam Tyler). And I loved how sinister Keats was this time. I know I’m going to be going around whistling “I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles” at lot in the near future. :D

I’m so happy that the “wrap-up” has begun two episodes before the last one, and the finale is going to be a two-parter. Such a relief that they’re not just doing 7 regular episodes then cramming it all into the last one!

This was a really great episode though. I had got a bit worried that this series wasn’t turning out to be as “dark” as they made it out to be. But that was really wonderfully dark. As far as I’m concerned, after a bit of a dip, this series is back on track and looking set for an amazing ending.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

To be fair there are hundreds of theories on here about the ending and more than likely the writers will have atottally differant ending to these so its just speculation rather than hard evidence of what will happen
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Personally, I hope it doesn't turn out that Gene is God and Keats is the Devil or anything like that (just because so many of us have guessed at it, and it should be a massive surprise when all is finally revealed), but I have been almost morbidly fascinated with Jim's attitude towards Gene since his speech at the end of S3E1. It reminded me so much of the idea of Lucifer as this errant child agonizing against God, struggling to overpower this parent figure that he loves and hates at the same time- wonderful stuff, lovely and epic.

But then Jim seems to be moving away from that, he's seemed a bit more authoritative since then. That was catalyzed I think this week when Viv died- it seemed much more likely to me then that Jim is the only one who truly knows everything. He knew what he was doing, he took pleasure in it even, when he did that freaky face-magic thing on Viv, and he made fun of Gene when he tried to do something similar. That was the point at which I decided that Gene was probably the child figure in this world, after all.

Basically I reckon that Jim has always been a sort of administrator, ferrying souls/consciousnesses/whatever to wherever they need to be. Very old, morally neutral, extremely single-minded. Sort of Vogon-ish in his steadfast bureaucracy. I also think that when Gene was killed (I agree with whoever said that this was July 7th 1954 as on the Quattro's reg plates) he escaped Jim's 'filing system' if you like and created this world around him, not really knowing what he was doing. Maybe in life he was weak, or corrupt, or a victim, and he became the sheriff of his own world to compensate. Others like himself were drawn to this reality, a place where they could be the absolute good guys and enforce justice properly. However, Jim's caught up with them, with his hands of death and his filing cabinet...

On the other hand though, like I said, I kind of hope that that's not what's going on just because I guessed it. What a dilemma!

Also, hello! I've been reading this forum for a veeeeeeeeery long time. Thought I'd best speak up before it's all over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It’s not. A study was done comparing Wikipedia with Encyclopedia Brittanica (the gold standard in encyclopedias). Wikipedia came out as almost as accurate as Encyclopedia Brittanica. (Wikipedia contained 4 errors for every 3 in Brittanica.)

Granted, you can easily vandalise Wikipedia: change it to say that Sam Tyler is Rose Tyler’s dad, but 10 minutes later it will be gone. Less obvious vandalism (such as including incorrect cast information) is less likely to be quickly corrected, but it will be sooner or later. Especially for an article about something as popular as Ashes to Ashes, which will have a large number of people moderating it.

WICKI isnt often bang up to date either so we should take from it what we personally want from it!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I try not to belive Wiki as it does have a lot of people being able to change it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im pretty much sure that no other characters from LOM are returning anyway. I'd happily be proved wrong of course! But I don't think we'll see any of Sam or Annie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    Im pretty much sure that no other characters from LOM are returning anyway. I'd happily be proved wrong of course! But I don't think we'll see any of Sam or Annie.

ILL keep hoping and wishing on that point .:)..mind like ep 5 they may be credited as flashbacks off LOM !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    ILL keep hoping and wishing on that point .:)..mind like ep 5 they may be credited as flashbacks off LOM !

Aye, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few flashback moments, but I think the likelihood of the actors returning is pretty slim. It would be great, but I don't think it necessarily needs it tbh. We will find out what happened to Sam either way, so Im not really that fussed if he doesn't appear.
This discussion has been closed.