Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice one VV

Karen is in this!!!:):)

And Troels better looking brother.

Amazon have it for pre-order for £17. Released on the 21st January according to this
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unit-One-Season-1-DVD/dp/B00A9YBW9K/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1355762750&sr=1-2

Nice belated stocking filler for MrsBK;)

Now I'll have to watch that too. I miss Karen already. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hannahb39 wrote: »
    Now I'll have to watch that too. I miss Karen already. :p

Yep. Grown very fond of her in TK3. She ended up all by herself outside in the cold. Wanted to hug her. Meanwhile all the other scumbags were celebrating inside. Rank was probably the vilest. ''She was only an orphan who nobody cared about..'' To paraphrase him. <shudder>

Trine Pallesen plays a character called Gaby in Unit One. But she will always be Karen to me.

Maybe Karen goes full Frontal and takes the Reinhardt/Louise photo to Sally, Benji's friend. Together with Lund they expose the corruption that lies at the heart of Danish society. Merry Christmas!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Grown very fond of her in TK3. She ended up all by herself outside in the cold. Wanted to hug her. Meanwhile all the other scumbags were celebrating inside. Rank was probably the vilest. ''She was only an orphan who nobody cared about..'' To paraphrase him. <shudder>

Trine Pallesen plays a character called Gaby in Unit One. But she will always be Karen to me.

Maybe Karen goes full Frontal and takes the Reinhardt/Louise photo to Sally, Benji's friend. Together with Lund they expose the corruption that lies at the heart of Danish society. Merry Christmas!!!

That is officially how it ends in my head from this day forward. Karen and Lund would make quite a team. :D:D:D
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks TLP. I didn't follow the Breivik trial but saw the news reports on it. I thought I remembered talk of a different trial set up from the UK jury one. But his trial may have been unusual because of the unique circumstances.

It seems that in the criminal court of first instance there they have one judge and two lay judges (rather than a full jury as we do). So maybe the seriousness of his case accounted for why there were two judges and three lay judges.

They only seem to have full juries (well 10 rather than our 12) if the case is appealed but even then it doesn't seem that it's all the time:
    Norway

The jury was introduced in 1887, and is solely used in criminal cases on the second tier of the three-tier Norwegian court system ("Lagmannsretten"). The jury consists of 10 people, and has to reach a majority verdict consisting of seven or more of the jurors.[38] The jury never gives a reason for its verdict, rather it simply gives a "guilty" or "non-guilty" verdict.

In a sense, the concept of being judged by one's peers exists on both the first and second tier of the Norwegian court system: In Tingretten, one judge and two lay judges preside, and in Lagmannsretten three judges and four lay judges preside (if a jury is not used). The lay judges do not hold any legal qualification, and represent the peers of the person on trial, as members of the general public. As a guarantee against any abuse of power by the educated elite, the number of lay judges always exceeds the number of appointed judges. In the Supreme Court, only trained lawyers are seated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury#Norway
  • Options
    Red WimpRed Wimp Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    Read through the last few pages and can see both sides re the ending. Personally I thought it was good and kind of plausible (as plausible as anything in detective series where more people usually get killed in a couple of weeks than do a year in real life !) As to whether it was out of character for Sarah then I think the person who created the character has the right to decide that I think
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all it's time for Day 17....
    17_zps08b34021.jpg

BK - You will get your wish soon, I'm still trying to find TK2 which has gone missing :eek::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Grown very fond of her in TK3. She ended up all by herself outside in the cold. Wanted to hug her.

careful, she might crush you with those arms :p
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Wimp wrote: »
    As to whether it was out of character for Sarah then I think the person who created the character has the right to decide that I think

Really? I think fans who've invested in a character over a long time have got a perfect right to criticise if they suddenly seem out of character. I would do the same with a series of books as well. We get to 'know' a character over a period of time and know what makes them tick etc; if something seems off then we have every right to hold the writer to account for it. I can't just turn my critical faculties off and take anything a writer throws at me. They should take constructive criticism from the audience as a positive thing anyway.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Karen goes full Frontal
    :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    :eek:

Hee Hee :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    minkski wrote: »
    I was astonished that he'd react like that :confused: ( I don't belieeeeve it!)

Ican't remember at the moment who wanted the PET boss to be part of it- well he was! In more ways than one :eek:

That was me and BK :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just watched ep 10 and was bawling my eyes out. I liked the ending, but then again I like sad endings. :O

As soon as Reinhardt's alibi cleared in ep 9 I knew it was him who killed Louise for definite - because the exact same scenario happened in the Bridge - Saga can't find Martin's son in the killer's house - no evidence he killed him - until Saga notices the garage is a bit small...an equally implausible scenario.

So what happened with Jens Lebech? What were the other photos he had?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only on ep 6 of The Bridge! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chloe_26 wrote: »
    I'm only on ep 6 of The Bridge! :eek:

Ignore anything I've said. :o:eek: I'm so so sorry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It won't let me edit the post now. Is there any way to edit it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore anything I've said. :o:eek: I'm so so sorry.

I read ages ago what happens just not seen it yet :)
  • Options
    VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just caught up with the last episode. Emotional stuff. Not entirely convinced by Lund's actions (personally I think she'd have been more likely to make the killer's life hell until she'd proven his guilt, and turned her fearsome determination onto finding the evidence of past crimes, but I guess that wouldn't have made for a neat 'telly' ending).

What bugs me most, though, is how the kidnapper survived being shot three times (once by Lund, twice by Borch) and hardly showed any ill effects once he was in custody. Could he only be killed by Norwegian bullets?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chloe_26 wrote: »
    I read ages ago what happens just not seen it yet :)

I'm still so sorry though....:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still so sorry though....:o

Well it was on ages ago, and I read the guardian blog at the time
    I'm a bit behind on Nordic dramas lol still got Borgen to watch yet :)
  • Options
    StaxVoltStaxVolt Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    When David Chase 'smash cut' the ending of 'The Sopranos' to black and silence,I immediately felt cheated.It was some weeks before I came round to thinking that he was absolutely right to end it that way.

Three TK's later and It's clear that SS wasn't certain how to end SL's involvement himself.It won't satisfy everyone but at least it was an ending.;)
  • Options
    elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget it's written the night before filming. (I exaggerate, but not by much!)

Maybe it was the only one of several ideas he had floating around which was suitably unexpected for the audience and could be done within budget on the last day of filming before the cast and crew went on to their next jobs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Am I the only person who was expecting the plane to be blown sky-high (or even higher) from a bomb planted by the Danish secret services.
  • Options
    xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL She will always be Gaby to me........I even didn't recognise it was her as Karen...doh!;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
  • Options
    elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So only a DVD, not being shown?