3) My meds
    4) My Iphone
    5) My Car Keys
  • Options
    murphster86murphster86 Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    ooooh, its a toughie, but here goes

1) Mobile Phone

2) Asthma Inhaler (if one those pressurized babies went up then the house would blow sky high!)

3) my strong box containing documents (although it could probably survive the fire)

4) my landlords dog (thats if the landlord hadn't got out already and saved the little monster)

5) Photos of my important people from the coffee table.

On a slightly related note, one thing that always amuses me when the fire alarm goes off at work. Is that as soon as the alarm starts and people realise its not a drill, everyone runs for the staff room to grab their coats, bags and lunch and anything essential from their locker....and then they'll calmly make their way down the stairs trying to stuff what they've grabbed into pockets and bags.
  • Options
    5th Horseman5th Horseman Posts: 10,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 - Cat
    2 - Portable Hard Drive (got all my photos on it)
    3 - Wallet (to buy clothes, food, toiletries, etc)
    4 - Mobile (to call fire brigade and insurance company)
    5 - Keys (might be sleeping in the car, shed or garage)
  • Options
    Anna TomyAnna Tomy Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    1. My document box :o
    2. Photo Albums
    3. Engagement ring
    4. My stamp collection :o
    5. My OH

5! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I possess five objects worth rescuing from a house fire. I have plenty of clutter but none of it is essential.

I'd concentrate on ensuring that everybody got out safe and the neighbours were all awake and able to safeguard their own property. After that, it's just a matter of phoning the insurance company to arrange emergency accommodation, and contact relatives to say we're all safe.
  • Options
    misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sofa: It's 20 years old; stained saggy and a bit manky generally. But I love it. The OH would probably drag it back in though:p

The OH: I love her more than the sofa but if she tries to drag it back to the flames she 's history:D

The Beast: My cat, he's an annoying git but I've had him since before I knew the OH and I love him too.

The PC base unit: has all the photos of of Me and The OH since we met, they are backed up, but grabbing the base unit would be quicker.

A framed picture of the OH's father: He died suddenly last year at 52, The OH put her favourite photo of him as a young man in his officers uniform on the desk by the PC

Our Wedding Photos: For obvious reasons. They are in an album with old photos of both our families so would save the lot in one go.

The rest of the stuff can burn, they're only things.

I now have a weird mental image of me running down the stairs, with a pc under one arm, a cat under the other and photographs gripped in my mouth.

Coupled with the OH outside shouting at me to forget the bloody sofa because because its a piece of shite and we can get a decent one on the insurance.:p:D
  • Options
    Anna TomyAnna Tomy Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    I don't think I possess five objects worth rescuing from a house fire. I have plenty of clutter but none of it is essential.

I'd concentrate on ensuring that everybody got out safe and the neighbours were all awake and able to safeguard their own property. After that, it's just a matter of phoning the insurance company to arrange emergency accommodation, and contact relatives to say we're all safe.

I'm with you. But my everybody would include my dog (easy peasy) and my 2 fish (not so easy peasy).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. My mum
    2. Battered old suitcase full of family photos
    3. Portable hard drive with backups
    4. MP3 player
    5. Phone

The top 2 are the most important as they are irreplaceable.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Debs79h wrote: »
    My 2 dogs, my kindle, my laptop and my filofax with all documents in it. The rest can burn although i'll feel bad about the poor fish : ( but by the time ive grabbed dogs etc ill probably be lucky to get out myself : )

:eek::confused: Your filofax, kindle and laptop before a living, breathing creature?
  • Options
    flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the wife
    charlie the cat
    my fishing gear
    our money
    my laptop.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are people and pets classed as "things"?
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 57,012
    Forum Member
    HALibutt wrote: »
    You'd be dead as a doorknob by the time you'd unplugged (and attempted to carry) all of those! :eek::p

thats exactly what i was thinking. some of the things people list is so bizzarre
    1. my teddy
    2. my laptop
    3. my rings (if i ddint have them on me)
    4. my dvds (that i have made myself)
    5. things that arent replacable (im not listing what because its stupid :o)

would the sky box/dvd recorder be silly? cos i have stuff on there that i wont get again :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Phone, Laptop, Glasses, Cat/s, Blanket.