Options

GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Same here !! They made me laugh as its exactly how I fell about her too ..........:D

I knew I wasn't the only one:)

The fake accent, that thing she attempts....singing is it? I did find it hilarious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Flabby_Gut wrote: »
    I was a big fan of this show but unfortunately it isn't working for me now. They are all way too aware

I would have thought the opposite would be true; they'd have been far more aware of the cameras and self-conscious in the beginning, but then got used to it.

Watched the show for the first time ever this week and loved it.
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the stuff they were saying about Andy Murray :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    I knew I wasn't the only one:)

The fake accent, that thing she attempts....singing is it? I did find it hilarious.

Why are people commenting on the accent.
    Bugger that, it's the singing, FFS the singing.
    I'll say it again, absolutely F'in shocking and I only saw the clip in Gogglebox.

Anyway there's a whole thread about the show in question The one and only Cillia (sp) Black.
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people commenting on the accent.
    Bugger that, it's the singing, FFS the singing.
    I'll say it again, absolutely F'in shocking and I only saw the clip in Gogglebox.

Anyway there's a whole thread about the show in question The one and only Cillia (sp) Black.

Well, I was commenting on both, but it's just that the accent seems exaggerated while singing, if that's what you can call it, because yes, it is shocking, always has been.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some of the stuff they were saying about Andy Murray :rolleyes:

I find it old hat too, seems to be the popular opinion among the wider public, hear those same gags/comments in real life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was reading through the comments from Wednesday's show and I can't believe not a single person posted about the mum-dad-son family watching X Factor;

Dad: Has Adele won this before?

Son: Twice

(when song is over)

Mum: I couldn't hear it cos of you two!!! Banging on about Adele. She's already bloody won it!!

How on earth could they have thought that Adele won X Factor?!?! :D I was in stitches
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was reading through the comments from Wednesday's show and I can't believe not a single person posted about the mum-dad-son family watching X Factor;

(when song is over)

Mum: I couldn't hear it cos of you two!!! Banging on about Adele. She's already bloody won it!!

How on earth could they have thought that Adele won X Factor?!?! :D I was in stitches

I didnt post as I thought I had misheard them !!!! Not only did she win once , she won twice ??
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrific episode. It's now become one of my "must see" programmes, and I haven't got many of those. My only regret is not finding it earlier, all the great stuff I must have missed !
    It just goes to show, you can pay comedians/presenters millions, but there's nothing funnier than the ordinary British public, some of their remarks are priceless. :D
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

(when song is over)

duckylucky wrote: »
    I didnt post as I thought I had misheard them !!!! Not only did she win once , she won twice ??

The son - George? - is a massive wind up merchant :D Love him, he's great!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

(when song is over)

BIB Probably because they're like me, they know buggerall about X factor and the like, don't watch the chat shows that wheel the winners in and talk about it.
    I saw the Son smirking and assumed he was joking about her winning it twice, but she could have won it once for all I know.
    I think there a fair few people who watch that sort of thing, get caught up in it while it's on and almost instantly forget the specifics as soon as the credits roll.

I used to occasionally poke my head around the door 'what's this?' 'X factor/BGT, etc'
    'Oh...' watch about a minute and then wander off.
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought some of the non-TV bits were hilarious too.

The slightly hystrionic son discussing clothes repairs with his mum made me laugh (was he the one responding with true teenage horror when his parents mentioned foreplay? "Shut UP!!" Priceless).

Leon's anecdote about his back-to-front y-fronts had me howling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    I thought some of the non-TV bits were hilarious too.

The slightly hystrionic son discussing clothes repairs with his mum made me laugh (was he the one responding with true teenage horror when his parents mentioned foreplay? "Shut UP!!" Priceless).

Leon's anecdote about his back-to-front y-fronts had me howling.

That was TMI, Mum 'Oh you mean that we've never done it?'

His Dad was just as bad the other week 'Stop saying SEX', I think he marched out after a while, that in combination with Sex Box, was too much for him.
  • Options
    GoodLuckCharmGoodLuckCharm Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I love this show. I'm not ashamed to admit that if it was ever released on DVD I would buy it. Are there any plans for a DVD release?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love this show. I'm not ashamed to admit that if it was ever released on DVD I would buy it. Are there any plans for a DVD release?

I've just had a look at the Ch4 Store, just to see what sort of stuff they sell.

Made in Chelsea and The only way is Essex are on DVD, so I suppose it's possible.
    As an aside, I didn't even know those were Ch4 shows, been going for ages and I assumed they were ITV productions.
    So much stuff just bypasses me :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show, it has become absolute must-see TV!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member

I am hoping the DVD will come out. I will be 1st in the queue :D
  • Options
    shedsevenshedseven Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

(when song is over)

That's Linda (mum), Pete (dad) and George (son) from Clacton, I really like them. I like all the families in all fairness - Louis has me in hysterics usually! Who would have thought it would be such a great show?! :D
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    I've just had a look at the Ch4 Store, just to see what sort of stuff they sell.

Made in Chelsea and The only way is Essex are on DVD, so I suppose it's possible.
    As an aside, I didn't even know those were Ch4 shows, been going for ages and I assumed they were ITV productions.
    So much stuff just bypasses me :)

I have just messaged them to ask if a dvd will be coming out.

If we all do the same it may happen. :)
  • Options
    P-ComboP-Combo Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually love this program, The best documentary ever made on channel 4.

But i miss caroline aherne, what happened to her narrating it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Probably on a torrent site somewhere to be honest, although I'm probably not supposed to say that.

I haven't found and program that'll download and keep from 4OD yet, or I'd probably do that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    P-Combo wrote: »
    I actually love this program, The best documentary ever made on channel 4.

But i miss caroline aherne, what happened to her narrating it.

Of Channel 4's fixed camera docs, 24 hours in A and E takes that crown IMO.

This is a good giggle, nothing of great pith and moment though.
    The family dynamics of some of them is quite interesting and nice to see, particularly Sid and his sons, although one has dropped out for some reason.

IIRC Caroline and Craig fell out, I'm guessing they're mates again now and throwing work each others way again.
    I prefer Caroline doesn't try as hard going for the funny line, let the Goggleboxers and the editing provide the giggles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely adore this programme.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    shedseven wrote: »
    That's Linda (mum), Pete (dad) and George (son) from Clacton, I really like them. I like all the families in all fairness - Louis has me in hysterics usually! Who would have thought it would be such a great show?! :D

Louis is my favourite; he gives the best reaction shots!

(I just came into this thread to see if everyone feels the way I do about that one daughter from that one family [you know who I mean!] and thankfully people do so I don't feel so bad now :o:o)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    i love this so much, love posh, old and gay couple :)
This discussion has been closed.