Options

Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    I don't know how many decades this country has had breakfast TV foisted upon it but all I know is that I cannot understand why people should want to watch any of it when we have unintrusive radio news as an alternative.
    Obviously I have watched, from time to time, smidgeons of this genre and think that most of it is dire and a waste of one's time. Anyway, I only have one TV and that is in the lounge/living room, whatever you want to call it.
    Stop wasting time, folks, and switch off.
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As expected, same sloppy shit in a different nappy.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did I detect a touch of frostiness there when Susanna handed back to Lorraine in the studio.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Charlotte needs more screen time.

Content very Daybreak...'Britain's Biggest Family'.
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have kept Sue Jameson .. phew, relief .. such a pretty woman :)
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Mr_Eye wrote: »

Fantastic!
  • Options
    roadshow2006roadshow2006 Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite my grumbles I thought it was a good improvement on Daybreak, and reminds me of RI:SE (but in a good way!). For someone who normally only has 10-30 minutes a morning to spare it was fast spaced and tells me the news without faffing around too much. Disappointed the Paul O'Grady feature was so hyped only for him to answer two questions - there needs to be some flexibility at those times. Also I consider timings quite important so when they say local news at 6.25 I don't expect it at 6.31. Susannah has a task ahead of her to prove her worth - she blamed the production team a number of times for her slip ups. Charlotte did well but I saw very little of her and as someone said Laura had more lines!
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this does flop I can see them just gently falling back into the GMTV style show
    drop the presenters as the years pass and forget about trying to master breakfast TV.
    Loose women style desk yet no interaction making the desk totally pointless.

Lets do an interview on the sofa then back onto the desk then sofa. They need to sort out that camera angle on Reid not sure if it was a technical issue but only seeing her face
    not even her neck wasn't happening to any of the other presenters.

the blink and you miss it interview with Paul O'grady that's just the type of person they needed today few questions some VT and it was over.
  • Options
    Duncan_StylesDuncan_Styles Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    Think that sums up the problem for me
    since 6am "paul O'grady" when he finally appears we get a few moments.
    they need to slow things down

Yes, I agree. The only bit that I would have enjoyed and they stick it on at the end when I cant watch as I have to go to work!. Dumb.
  • Options
    PassengersPassengers Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too many people in front of the camera and way too frantic for me, I guess that's because they're chasing time to get the ads in which BBC Breakfast doesn't have to suffer from. However, I think there's a lot of cramming going on.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Andi Peters, Ross King, Richard Arnold? What's changed?
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I've seen of it this morning:

1. Too much giggling. Please tell me they won't all be that hyperactive every day! I thought the whole "too many happy pills" approach was bad enough on GMTV/Daybreak but it's even worse on GMB! I can give them a pass on day one as they must be very excited but beyond that...

2. The sofa section of the set is actually okay but the desk was a huge mistake.

3. The competitions getting even more airtime is a big enough reason on its own to make me not want to watch. Disgusting.

As for Lorraine's new set, it has not one redeeming feature. Totally hideous and, again, cold and sterile looking. It also looks horribly cramped to the point of making me claustrophobic looking at it.

I think a brain dead monkey could have done this revamp better than the current idiots in charge. If it isn't an even bigger flop than Daybreak, I just won't believe it.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conceptas wrote: »
    They have kept Sue Jameson .. phew, relief .. such a pretty woman :)

IMHO one of the few redeeming features of an otherwise dreadful programme. Awful awful awful. I don't think Susanna Reid will go down well, I don't think she's a woman's woman. I loved Kate Garraway, Lorraine Kelly, Fiona Phillips.

I love Richard Arnold but he didn't look comfortable at all. And why make him wear a suit. Dreadful programme. And I'm not the type to generally complain about programmes!

When I watched at about 7:15, there were full screen headshots of the presenters. Please not that early in the morning!
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    Overall, I thought it was an improvement on Daybreak. I think it was a little bit all over the shop at times BUT it was the first day. The format could be streamlined a little bit, more interaction between the four when they are on the desk. Refine the graphics a touch, and as someone mentioned in the Broadcast thread, I'm sure they could incorporate some local news into the ticker as well as the national news.

Showbiz stuff doesn't really bother me, it can stay or go. Richard Arnold and Ross King don't bother me, they spend minutes a day on screen, I can cope with that. The competitions have never bothered me either.

Kick off with a news and sport bulletin with all four hosts and then Susanna and Ben lead through what's coming up on the rest of the show. Do a newspaper review at 10 past with all four hosts at the desk, with more interactivity between them. 20 past go to local news and weather with national news and weather at 25 past with Charlotte and Sean away from the desk.

Have the first 06:00/07:00-06:30/07:30 as the newsy part of the show which I think can work as fast paced as it was for people on their way out to work. 06:30/07:30-07:00/08:00 can be a bit slower paced with the lifestyle stories, some of the smaller stories of the day and a bit of showbiz at 06:50/07:50.

8am hour, 10 minutes news, sport and weather, a third local news section at 08:15 then the end of show interview can be 08:20 for eight minutes, back to the desk with all four hosts to talk about the next show for a couple of minutes.

But then again, I really liked the original Daybreak with Adrian and Christine so what do I know lol.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I've seen of it this morning:

1. Too much giggling. Please tell me they won't all be that hyperactive every day! I thought the whole "too many happy pills" approach was bad enough on GMTV/Daybreak but it's even worse on GMB! I can give them a pass on day one as they must be very excited but beyond that...

2. The sofa section of the set is actually okay but the desk was a huge mistake.

3. The competitions getting even more airtime is a big enough reason on its own to make me not want to watch. Disgusting.

As for Lorraine's new set, it has not one redeeming feature. Totally hideous and, again, cold and sterile looking. It also looks horribly cramped to the point of making me claustrophobic looking at it.

I think a brain dead monkey could have done this revamp better than the current idiots in charge. If it isn't an even bigger flop than Daybreak, I just won't believe it.

Yep. The loose women desk is there basically to rest a drink on they interact with each other. These 4 were sat there like out of the apprentice :blush:
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To quote Stephen King 'SSDD'.
    In other words 'Same S**t,Different Day'!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    The plugging of ITV shows is firmly back in place I see.

I was never aware it went away,thats all ITV does on each of its chat shows!!!:)
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I will say is thank God for LBC!!
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    jeanoj wrote: »
    All I will say is thank God for LBC!!

That was a typo I presume, surely you meant BBC?
  • Options
    RushRush Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I actually thought it was quite good, better than Daybreak.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is John Stapleton still there? It's all based around ITV News. So Aled Jones will use the same set and that screen behind isn't live picture of London? The pre record links for local news to name the presenter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Mr_Eye wrote: »

Fantastic and my quote of the day!!!

Back to BBC brekkie in the morning for me :)
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    I don't know how many decades this country has had breakfast TV foisted upon it but all I know is that I cannot understand why people should want to watch any of it when we have unintrusive radio news as an alternative.
    Obviously I have watched, from time to time, smidgeons of this genre and think that most of it is dire and a waste of one's time. Anyway, I only have one TV and that is in the lounge/living room, whatever you want to call it.
    Stop wasting time, folks, and switch off.

The first Breakfast programme in the UK was from the BBC starting on January 17, 1983. It ran from 0630-0900. There had , however, previously been some experiments by BBC Scotland (who televised their morning radio programme for a few weeks) and YTV.
  • Options
    Lee_BromleyLee_Bromley Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Yawn. Nothing new. Basically the same old faces, endless competitions and commercials. Well done Susanna, you're the new Christine Bleakley...
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    I wonder who'll they'll get on Fridays as Suzy is only doing 4 day weeks

http://volos.dailystar-uk.co.uk/showbiz/376356/Susanna-Reid-will-only-work-four-days-on-Good-Morning-Britain