Options

what the best omg moment in soap ever?

Comments

• Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    In 1955 in The Archers when Grace died in the stables fire.
    An audience of 20 million tuned into The Archers to hear Grace's death.
    How does that compare to EE or Corry best audience?:confused:
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Chrissie delivering the final blow to Den (EE). Classic moment and the start of a fantastic storyline.

And for Corrie when that psychotic colleague of Curly's - Anne Malone - got locked in the freezer at Fresco's and died. Not seen anything like it in soap before or since!
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Cass Parker when she beheaded some guy in a shed with a spade in prisoner cell block h
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    Amazing, thanks for the link :D Back when Clare was epic. I loved the flashback scenes for who pushed Clare, brilliant.

I love the look she gives to the audience at the end as she is smiling evilly!

What made it better was that that was the episode where JP and Craig were at the airport so when the shot of the plane coming down and the airport lounge everyone just assumed it was something to do with them until the trademark red heels and the 'evil Clare' music came on!:o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Den being revealed as Vicki's dad.

Maxine walking in on Richard Hillman.

Aaron's attempted suicide in ED, and the train crash.

Gennie being killed by Cameron.

Sharon returning just before Den gets killed.

Steve McDonald calling Social Services, and so ending his own marriage.

The best, though, surely has to be Scott Maslen messing up his lines in the EE live episode. Such a build-up, and now viewers cannot believe what they're seeing.
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only true 'OMG' moment wa Lynsey's death in HO! No one saw it coming and they did a brilliant job at keeping it a secret!
  • Options
    PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    Mandy Jordache being found guilty of murder in Brookside.

Tony and Simons kiss in Eastenders
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    EE has had lots of smaller surprise moments recently that haven't been released in spoilers - Jane's return, Phil confessing to Sharon about his role in Dennis' death and Janine's arrest on Christmas Day. We knew she was leaving but we didn't know how exactly it was going to pan out. They're not exactly on par with Lyndsey's death in HO but they're still good. I'm waiting for them to pull off a massive one with the return of a past character or major death that we don't see coming.

I think the last massive OMG moment for me was Chrissie killing Den. Again, we knew he was to die but we didn't know who would be responsible out of the three women. I was convinced it would be Zoe in some sort of self defence which of course it looked like that's what happened right up until the end and then Chrissie finished the job.

Agree very much. Also Sharon unexpectedly appearing was another omg moment - 2 in one ep!!!
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacey revealing to Max she was the one who killed Archie.
    I deliberately stayed away from the internet all evening so I wouldn`t see any spoilers for the EE live episode. And I`m so glad I did because the impact was enormous.

Another OMG moment was in Pobol Y Cwm when Gethin Thomas confronted his Father in a packed pub and revealed that his father Moc had molested him as a child.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The original one has got to be Den giving Angie the divorce papers.

And Angie's cancer lie revealed "i've got 6 months to live" preceding this. Pretty jaw-dropping.

And especially the divorce papers which came later.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Den being Vicki's father or Harry being Zoe's father. Both EE.
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »

Another OMG moment was in Pobol Y Cwm when Gethin Thomas confronted his Father in a packed pub and revealed that his father Moc had molested him as a child.

The best storyline on that subject ever. Will we ever see a storyline like that again?? Writers couldn't take the heat from that one... have backed off anything controversial ever since it ended.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haylie death coronation Street

:confused: She's been planning her death for months, how was it a shock?
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few from Eastenders

(Kat and Zoe) - "You can't tell me what to do, you aint' my mother!" "YES I AM!"
    - Stacey revealed as Archie's killer
    - Chrissie murdering Den
    - Jane's recent return
    - Danielle's death
    - Bradley falling off the roof
    - Denise shown alive in the cellar (Even though I knew she was alive, I just shouted "I KNEW IT!")
    - Lucas killing Owen
    - The E20 crew finding Owen's body
    - Tanya falling down the stairs after the Stax reveal
    - Dawn escaping and Mad May screaming "I want my baby"
    - Mad May setting the house on fire

A few from HO

- Justin pushing Clare
    - Clare appearing in the airport alive after the business with Warren and Katy
    - Lynsey's murder (However after surviving Silas, she should have never been killed off. The aftermath is also another reason why she shouldn't have been killed because it was dreadful)
    - Niall revealing a tied up John Paul to the family
    - Niall's reflection on the ambulance door
    - One of the hall students falling from the bridge (can't remember her name)
    - Riley's death
    - Maddie's death (I literally opened my mouth when the debris came falling down on her)
    - Silas killing Rae
    - Silas mistakenly killing Heidi (his own daughter)
    - Louise's death
    - Clare escaping from the fire and leaving Warren for dead
    - Max's death (This was really upsetting and shocking at the same time)
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    The best storyline on that subject ever. Will we ever see a storyline like that again?? Writers couldn't take the heat from that one... have backed off anything controversial ever since it ended.
    sderr....I still remember that scene. It shocked me so much I dropped my knitting on the floor.
    And then after that shock revelation, Dai thought it was a joke and asked what the punchline was.
    Then when hubby watched the omnibus over the weekend, as soon as I heard him say holy **** I knew he was watching that particular scene.
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    sderr....I still remember that scene. It shocked me so much I dropped my knitting on the floor.
    And then after that shock revelation, Dai thought it was a joke and asked what the punchline was.
    Then when hubby watched the omnibus over the weekend, as soon as I heard him say holy **** I knew he was watching that particular scene.

Just a great great soap storyline. When I see the current writing on Pobol Y Cwm it just makes me sad. The other OMG moment was that creepy scene when Moc admitted that he sexually abused Gethin, right after he reduced his son to tears and made him beg for forgiveness.
  • Options
    katieknolweskatieknolwes Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maddies death hollyoaks, something from final destination
  • Options
    carolineglasgowcarolineglasgow Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When everyone had tuned in to see JR getting shot in Dallas and it was Bobby who fell from the chair.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The legend that was Den Watts had several, the Divorce papers, being Vicki's dad, the first meeting between him and the Philth in the Vic and then him setting the thug up for armed robbery.

A truly golden moment for me. :D

I would have been quite happy if that was the last we ever saw of Phil, sadly it was Den who got the axe after wankgate. :(
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Due to the internet there really is no omg moments.

EastEnders managed it very recently with Jane's return which nobody knew about until she appeared on-screen. I suppose it would be difficult for them to manage that all of the time but it was a great moment of genuine surprise which, as you correctly point out, is all too rare these days.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,301
    Forum Member
    Due to the internet there really is no omg moments.

No, but they are quite rare nowadays. I mean nobody saw the now iconic van door coming for Maddie's head on Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Kat and Zoe reveal tops it for me.

Others that come to mine are Denise being alive in EE and living in next door's cellar.
    Claire dying last year in Hollyoaks.
    Lindsey's murder in Hollyoaks is probably the biggest Hollyoaks OMG for me though.

Of course the reveal that Stacey was the one who murdered Archie caused an OMG during live@25
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CS:
    Maxine being killed by Richard Hillman
    Sian and Sophie kiss
    Leanne being a prostitute

H&A:
    Belle finding out that Amanda was her mum
    Chloe dying after the car crash
    Vinnie coming back for VJ' birthday party
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lesbian kiss on Brookside
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Noah's death in Home and Away was a bit OMG. He was in the whole episode, sitting with his friends and chatting to his wife, and it turned out they were at his funeral.