Options

Rooney, having a go at fans for booing

Comments

• Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    As a scotsman im actually quite happy to watch England win and even im getting pissed of with the level of idiocy displayed on here from people who were probably watching big brother last week and will be back to that next week.

Yes but we did ask for a world cup thread and they did'nt open one, but hey one can watch a bit of footie then turn the tele over.:D

Soon you can have your footie forum back.:p
  • Options
    Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have personally never said Rooney cares too much, he doesn't care any more or less than other players.

Lets get it straight, Rooney wasn't the only diabolical player on that pitch and he wasn't the only diabolical big star player on the pitch. The performance cannot be laid on Rooneys feet or anyone elses.

But after all the stuff he has said in the press, after all the sheer determination and desire you can clearly see when he has a united shirt on and after that God awful performance from him he has no right to complain about the fans who have spent so much money on flying down there, and without expecting England to win the tournament they at least expected a performance to be proud of, win or lose.

He should look at himself and the rest of the team when he looks at things to bemoan, not the fans.
  • Options
    lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    darakinss wrote: »
    I laughed when Cashley fell over :D
    off topic i know but it made me laugh
    and yes, england did play crap tonight :(
    would love Ireland or even dare I say NI to be back in the World cup :( sadly it doesnt look like that would happen

NI could have been there if Sanchez hadn't left us for Fulham (and look how good he did there!!), Worthington just hasn't cut it for us. I'd have loved to see Jackie's army out there, even if we didn't progress to the next round we would have played our hearts out, same goes for ROI.
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The team deserved to be booed for obvious reasons. Rooney was no better or worse than anyone else but I don't blame anyone who has spent a fortune going for letting the players know how pissed off they are.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Harkins63 wrote: »
    Fair enough,Aaron.

We knew.

And we knew the first time you did it.
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Potholderz wrote: »
    Having one bad match means defending him in a non-footballing sense is 'sucking his balls', does it?

One bad match? Well done confirming yourself as a 100% Rooney fanboy, so yes it does.

The guy can't score for coffee in an England shirt during the World Cup final. Can you name the last time he did? Remember that miss kick against Portugal when Lennon made a brilliant run into the box and passed it to him? His out of his depth in the WC.

This is a team which Capello has built to get the most out of Rooney (why else play Heskey?) and tonight showed how terrible he was when he threw in the towel when there was still at least 15 mins to go.

This was the same guy who got cocky by saying England will walk all over Algeria while not playing their best and then he was puzzled on why the fans were booing him as well as the team?

Are you really that blinded by your fanboyism? Because you've just demonstrated that all by yourself.
  • Options
    Harkins63Harkins63 Posts: 1,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We knew.

And we knew the first time you did it.

Good for you eh?
  • Options
    Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hetal wrote: »
    One bad match? Well done confirming yourself as a 100% Rooney fanboy, so yes it does.

The guy can't score for coffee in an England shirt during the World Cup final. Can you name the last time he did? Remember that miss kick against Portugal when Lennon made a brilliant run into the box and passed it to him? His out of his depth in the WC.

This is a team which Capello has built to get the most out of Rooney (why else play Heskey?) and tonight showed how terrible he was when he threw in the towel when there was still at least 15 mins to go.

This was the same guy who got cocky by saying England will walk all over Algeria while not playing their best and then he was puzzled on why the fans were booing him as well as the team?

Are you really that blinded by your fanboyism? Because you've just demonstrated that all by yourself.

Everyone will agree he played poorly tonight. But it's wrong to dismiss those defending him as a player against ridiculous criticism as "fanboyism"
  • Options
    MilhouseVHMilhouseVH Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, do you think the England 'fans' booing their own teams helps the players?

When the players have played as badly as they did tonight, it's totally justified for fans who have spent a small fortune and travelled thousands of miles to show their feelings about the team .

When England fans boo players because they don't like them personally or the club they play for (Frank Lampard, John Terry, Ashley Cole) that's just pathetic.

Yet Rooney gobs off about the fans direct to camera, even though he deserved it, while Lampard, Terry and Cole take it on the chin and keep their mouths shut. All just goes to show a gulf in class between those three and Rooney, and why Rooney will never be England captain material.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    What exactly did he say?
    I can understand why the fans were pissed off but I wouldn't boo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did he exactly say?

"Nice that the home fans boo ya....?"

He said:
    "Nice to see your own fans boo yer"
    "That's loyal supporters"

Screenshot, direct to camera

So basically he's questioning the loyalty of the England supporters that have spent a fortune and travelled thousands of miles to watch him play abysmally (in both games so far). They're your hard-core loyal fans, Wayne, you lippy bat eared ginger mong. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do england play strikers answer no.
    until we do what you see is what you get.
    crouch and defoe up front with rooney filling in behind.
    then we can have a right go at the opposition.
    if its rooney and heskey up front again.
    then its goodbye from him and goodbye from me.
    for god sake gerrard tell capello to change it.
    also might be good move to bring in carrick
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Harkins63 wrote: »
    Good for you eh?

I dont take any credit for it.

It hasnt changed my life either way.
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Rooney clearly isn't fully fit.

Anybody who watched United could tell you he wasn't the same player after his injury, not even for United in the run in.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, do you think the England 'fans' booing their own teams helps the players?

I'm not an England fan but do you really think they deserve to be applauded off the pitch after that performance? It isn't as if they even went down fighting, they are a bunch of over paid prima donna's who believe their own hype.

I think that the people who shelled out thousands to watch that crap are within their rights to show their displeasure.
  • Options
    Forum Member

How can you say a man who wins the CL and wins the EPL 3 years running is "out of his depth" in the WC against the likes of USA and Algeria?

The guy scores 30 goals this season in a united team yet the fact he doesnt score for England means HE is bad, not the ENGLAND team?

Think about it!

I dont think he is fit but thats beside the point.

EDIT: i include all the top players in this. They are WORLD CLASS for their clubs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drop Rooney, his head isn't in it and/or he's not fully fit.

Without Rooney, you don't need Heskey - drop him too.

Replace both with Crouch and Defoe.

Gerrard and Lampard can't play together - drop one or the other, or pin Gerrard in central midfield and allow Lampard to roam up front with the two strikers.

Dropping Gerrard is unlikely though as Capello has painted himself into a corner since stripping Terry of the captains armband (which happens to coincide with Englands dramatic loss of form - thanks NoTW).

Drop Lennon, he was no better than SWP tonight, and I can't believe Capello brought on SWP as his replacement - he should bring in Joe Cole instead. Joe Cole has had an awful season but there has never been a day in his life when he hasn't been better than SWP.

Johnson at the back is a complete liability - Algerian wingers we going past him like he wasn't there. Not sure who to replace him with as with King out (idiotic risk to take, nice one Fabio) and Carragher on two bookings and unable to play in the next game, the defence is looking pretty threadbare.
  • Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop sucking Rooney's balls. He was awful tonight.

Not the best turn of phrase I've heard.
  • Options
    justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it when people call footballers "thick".

Takes will brains and imagination to repeat that tired stereotype.

You do realise most stereotypes, however unpleasant they maybe, all have a basis in fact.

Have you tried to watch/listen to Rio Ferdinand string two coherent sentences together lately? Same goes for Terry and a few others. In the UK, professional football is a way of earning money if you're not too bright and failed all your exams at school.

I'm sure I'll get a bollocking for saying this, but most of the players for the other major European teams all seem pretty intelligent compared to most of the England players. Many of them can speak English even if they don't or haven't played in the UK, while some of the England players can barely manage sentences in pidgeon English.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You do realise most stereotypes, however unpleasant they maybe, all have a basis in fact.

Have you tried to watch/listen to Rio Ferdinand string two coherent sentences together lately? Same goes for Terry and a few others. In the UK, professional football is a way of earning money if you're not too bright and failed all your exams at school.

I'm sure I'll get a bollocking for saying this, but most of the players for the other major European teams all seem pretty intelligent compared to most of the England players. Many of them can speak English even if they don't or haven't played in the UK, while some of the England players can barely manage sentences in pidgeon English.

Have you ever heard a song sung in a foreign language?

It always sounds better.

European kids are taught English from P1.

If you are good at football you play football, its not an "alternative" its just being realistic.

Stephen Hawking was probably disuaded from following Daley Thompson....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just out of interest, would you include Lampard in that category?
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    How can you say a man who wins the CL and wins the EPL 3 years running is "out of his depth" in the WC against the likes of USA and Algeria?

The guy scores 30 goals this season in a united team yet the fact he doesnt score for England means HE is bad, not the ENGLAND team?

Think about it!

I dont think he is fit but thats beside the point.

EDIT: i include all the top players in this. They are WORLD CLASS for their clubs.

I know his an immense player for Man Utd, but I still think his out of his depth for England and playing in the WC. Same goes for Lampard especially. They never seem to be nowhere near the level as they are in the club level.

It's like when Forlan played for Man Utd, he was way out his depth for that club, but in general his a good player.

Does that make more sense?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MilhouseVH wrote: »
    Just out of interest, would you include Lampard in that category?

ooh, i see what you did there.......
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'd just ran his socks off playing a very frustrating game of football - and he still had a belly full of fire.

He'll do for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is right English loyalty is cr@p overall,, (not everybody)..

So most English players know that, especially if the last Scape Goat (Green) wasn't allowed to play.. What's the message to the team? One mistake and the nation (newspapers/media) will haunt you..

Now the crowd wants Capellos head.. That will motivate him tremendously to do a good job.. :rolleyes:

Rome 2000 years ago.. lol.. :D

And get that idiot Chiles off the telly.. Birthday boy.. etc.