Options

Tickets (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ames123 wrote: »
    Hey, has anyone gone by themself? The person going with me can't go anymore and being mid-week everyone is at work!

Of course - I went to 4 days of the Olympics and I'm just back from a weekend at the Paralympics all on my lonesome. Why should it be a problem? There are loads of people there on their own - you don't need a friend or be part of a family group in order to enjoy sport and the occasion. Everyone is really friendly so if you want your photo taken somewhere then just ask a volunteer or another spectator.
  • Options
    robot1000robot1000 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw on the olympics website and it's mentioned about a 'free Games Travelcard'.

I've got tickets for the Athletics this week and wondered how I can go about claiming for it (if it's still applicable)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vinba wrote: »
    With print at home you can pick it up from the box office at the entrance to the park when you show your ticket.

Would I be able to claim back the journey to get to the olympic park?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Anyone know why I can't resell my tickets? Used to say they were eligible for re sale but now there not. I can't go to that event and it's on Thursday so need to try re sell them on their site ASAP. Any ideas why they aren't eligible? I brought them over a week ago.
    Thanks
    Laura
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xlcooperx wrote: »
    Anyone know why I can't resell my tickets? Used to say they were eligible for re sale but now there not. I can't go to that event and it's on Thursday so need to try re sell them on their site ASAP. Any ideas why they aren't eligible? I brought them over a week ago.
    Thanks
    Laura

They are only eligible for resale 7 days before the event.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vinba wrote: »
    I doubt it. Depends how you're going there. I've heard that you can show your ticket if you're in London and you'll probably be let through the barrier etc. We never picked ours up as we caught the coach there and back as we're outside London. Apparently with the Javelin the gates are open so you can just walk through.

The gates are open at most of the busy Olympic stations - including the Javelin at St Pancras. Not that I'm advising anyone to travel without a ticket... for a couple of quid, it's not worth the risk of getting caught.

The only problem with the Javelin was the huge queues to get on a train. Once you set off it's a fantastic service but yesterday morning it took an hour from arriving at Kings Cross at 8:30am to sitting down on the Javelin service. It would have been quicker to take the Tube/DLR to Stratford.
  • Options
    Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robot1000 wrote: »
    Would I be able to claim back the journey to get to the olympic park?
    On the day of your event you can show your printed ticket to a guy at the tube station gates and they will let you through, I did that yesterday with my print at home tickets.

Then collected the travelcard from the box office before I went in and used it on the way back home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psycho_Ned wrote: »
    On the day of your event you can show your printed ticket to a guy at the tube station gates and they will let you through, I did that yesterday with my print at home tickets.

Then collected the travelcard from the box office before I went in and used it on the way back home.

Thanks, good to hear!
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    The gates are open at most of the busy Olympic stations - including the Javelin at St Pancras. Not that I'm advising anyone to travel without a ticket... for a couple of quid, it's not worth the risk of getting caught.

The only problem with the Javelin was the huge queues to get on a train. Once you set off it's a fantastic service but yesterday morning it took an hour from arriving at Kings Cross at 8:30am to sitting down on the Javelin service. It would have been quicker to take the Tube/DLR to Stratford.

I saw the queue at Kings Cross for the Javelin and turned around and took the Central line to Stratford instead....it cost us another half an hour, but I'd rather that than wait in such a big queue....

The Javelin is superb, but you can only really enjoy it in the late-morning/mid afternoon period, as it's quite empty then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I saw the queue at Kings Cross for the Javelin and turned around and took the Central line to Stratford instead....it cost us another half an hour, but I'd rather that than wait in such a big queue....

Wise move. Throughout the Olympics and Paralympics I have been in long queues but it has always been good spirited (and once had a singalong!) but the mood at St Pancras yesterday morning was getting quite tetchy especially as the station staff and the police seemed to be enforcing the queues differently.

When I came back I took the DLR to Bank then the Northern Line to Kings Cross and there was hardly anyone on it.
  • Options
    carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does no-one want the Tuesday Morning Swimming Ticket?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Just on my way back from the Paralympics. Had a day pass and managed to see Wheelchair Tennis, Basketball and Goal Ball, then got allowed onto the Orbit for free and saw Oscar Pistorius run in the final while up there. All in all an absolute bargain for £10 and I enjoyed myself even more than when I went to the Olympics. Now I just wanna go again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim85 wrote: »
    Just on my way back from the Paralympics. Had a day pass and managed to see Wheelchair Tennis, Basketball and Goal Ball, then got allowed onto the Orbit for free and saw Oscar Pistorius run in the final while up there. All in all an absolute bargain for £10 and I enjoyed myself even more than when I went to the Olympics. Now I just wanna go again!

How did that work? :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Does no-one want the Tuesday Morning Swimming Ticket?

I wouldn't be able to get it in time unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How did that work? :eek:
    I asked a Games Maker if there were any tickets left and he waved me on! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I asked a games maker if there where any tickets left and he waved me on! :o

For free? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes. It was the last session and I was on my own, so I think he was feeling generous!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. It was the last session and I was on my own, so I think he was feeling generous!

Very lucky....I'm going on Sunday the 9th, so if I don't manage to get a ticket I might have to try my luck haha :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very lucky....I'm going on Sunday the 9th, so if I don't manage to get a ticket I might have to try my luck haha :p
    Definitely worth a try! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely worth a try! :D

Indeed...I take it you asked someone right next to the Orbit?....must have been a great view at night :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Do C4 show sitting volleyball AT ALL!?
  • Options
    tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    Can someone please tell me hoe an Olympic Park Day Pass works. Does it allow multiple entries to the venues listed on the ticket
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me hoe an Olympic Park Day Pass works. Does it allow multiple entries to the venues listed on the ticket

There are announcements during the day in the Park which notifies you of availability in certain venues. Basically, if there is announcement saying there is availability in the Copper Box for example, you go there and see if they have a seat for you, and if they do then you can watch the event....if not you can try your luck elsewhere, and there are several so called 'Day Pass venues' so you could have a full day of sport if you wanted to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »
    I had a Day Pass today and was easily able to visit the Copper Box, Eton Manner and the Basketball Arena (seeing Team GB) without much queuing. The Riverbank Arena was full all day but I still had plenty of options available at all times. It's a real bargain.
  • Options
    mlayzellmlayzell Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    I went to the Velodrome today for the final ever session in there before the Olympic park closes down for a refit, it was a brilliant :)