Beverley Callard offered longterm rolling contract at Corrie -The Sun

2»

Comments

• Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lateboomer wrote: »
    Most of the time she's embarrassing to watch. I wish they'd never brought the character back.

Same here, I preferred Stella, which seems very unpopular on here... Stella seemed like a very caring and nice person, Liz ever since her return, has got on my tits! I think Beverly Callard is an awful actress aswell! When she shouts it's funny, but a bit embarrassing! I think she's another character that's become vile under Stuart Blackburn!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the time she's embarrassing to watch. I wish they'd never brought the character back.

Agreed.

I preferred St Stella.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the 2 posts above
  • Options
    cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Norris 'elite' as no one has mentioned him?
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised. With so many of the long-term regulars getting older, Corrie needs to look after their stable of current established characters and Liz - love her or loathe her - has been on the show for over thirty years and has so much history with the show.

She's been there 25 years (on & off. Joined in 1989) but I agree with the rest of the post. Do we know what sort of contract Simon Gregson is on as he has been there 25 years as well and he strikes me as someone who would be on the show forever?
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed.

I preferred St Stella.

STELLA WEEK remains one of the best ever threads on here :D:D:D
  • Options
    cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of the 'younger elite' I would say they are Leanne, David, and Tyrone who I think can negotiate their own contracts
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why? they have done sod all with her since she returned.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    LHolmes wrote: »

They apparently say their research shows shes extremly popular-especially her one liners and witty comments.
  • Options
    linlamlinlam Posts: 9,023
    Forum Member
    LHolmes wrote: »
    They apparently say their research shows shes extremely popular-especially her one liners and witty comments.

Blanche she ain't >:( She was the queen of one liners, and I don't find most of Liz's comments witty:confused:
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a huge fan of Liz always shouting and whining so not the greatest of news.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    think Beverly Callard is an awful actress aswell! When she shouts it's funny, but a bit embarrassing! I think she's another character that's become vile under Stuart Blackburn!

Its even funnier when she laughs - watch out for it - one eye half closes like she is about to shout AHOY JIM LAD! I agree that under Blackburn she is becoming vile.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't the Cotton untouchable?
  • Options
    Dean_FranceDean_France Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Great news.

Her on screen chemistry with Jim McDonald is electric and I do wish Jim was a regular on the street living with Liz McDonald like the 90's (which I missed most of.)

Her relationship with Tony Stewart is made of good chemistry as well... it is a shame about his affair with "Toxic" Tracy Barlow!

She looks great these days and really suits being Landlady of The Rovers Return Inn.

Her casual scenes are made of gold, her expressions and body language behind the bar are fantastic!

Long live Elizabeth!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    I've never forgiven her for cheating on Jim the first time. :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBuD7qlzdUs
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    STELLA WEEK remains one of the best ever threads on here :D:D:D

:D

So true.
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Doesn't surprise me at all, (if it's true of course.......big if). I long ago realised and embraced the fact that I am way out of sync with TGBP and can generally be relied upon to loathe and detest anything they like. Liz McMutton would be a prime example. >:(

*shrugs*

Same here, her acting is panto (second time I've used that phrase today, both times in reference to Corrie female characters) and she looks awful >:(
    Her relationship with Tony Stewart is made of good chemistry as well...

I couldn't disagree more, I think they seem odd together, I don't think he'd go for someone like her.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Liz but I hate when the writers have her treat Steve like crap.